Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got your support then before a ball is kicked in his name :tumbleweed:

leicester always has my support. couldn't give too hoots who the manager is as long as it aint warnock. i personally dont think suzie should've been sacked, but we move on. given the lack of expertise on footballing matters within the club board, a sven-like figure who falls somewhere between team coach and director of football probably is no bad thing right now :056:

leicester always has my support. couldn't give too hoots who the manager is as long as it aint warnock. i personally dont think suzie should've been sacked, but we move on. given the lack of expertise on footballing matters within the club board, a sven-like figure who falls somewhere between team coach and director of football probably is no bad thing right now :056:

Blimey, you've sobered up since last night! Welcome to the real world...

I simply could not believe all of the numbskulls that have rung Radio Leicester saying they don't want Sven.

The man has an exemplary club record. He's still the only manager to have won the league and cup double in three countries.

We desperately need someone the players will respect - after Pearson's departure - and someone we can trust to spend the money on players properly.

Totally agree. Lots of our fans have no foresight or any ambition whatsoever. Thank God for a chairman who may make mistakes along the way but is desperately trying not only to take our club into the premiership but also keep us there. No wonder he wants to go back to a club where they appreciate him.

We have new owners with money and a world renowned manager. We've never had it so good!

Thank God for a chairman who may make mistakes along the way but is desperately trying not only to take our club into the premiership but also keep us there. No wonder he wants to go back to a club where they appreciate him.

We have new owners with money and a world renowned manager. We've never had it so good!

You're funny, I like you a lot more than that Kinga fella :031:

Am I just dreaming this up or is Sven good mates with Mancini? I'm sure he recommended he join us all that time ago. Could work in our favour to loan some of the unwanted players of Man City's 1,000 man squad.

Where do you want me to start? :102:

Firstly, despite his reputation, I didn't like him. It's probably a girl thing, so you'll probably discount that. Okey dokey..

I never liked the way he always tinkered with a side, from memory with England, he was always chopping and changing. I've drunk a lot of alcohol, so if any pedants want to counter that with two consecutive England teams that were the same, do so. I don't care. He did a very good job with England. That is a fact.

I agree with Mawsley's post about the way football's going (pedantry aside...). However, I haven't reached the stage of voting with my feet. Perhaps when you are unable to get a ticket for the Walkers for under £45 this would be the time?

It's funny you mention Notts County as a reason to applaud this appointment. I really, really wish I could post more, but I can't. Don't PM me on it either, as I won't tell you. No point in this paragraph whatsoever except for you to play playground nonsense...."I know something, but I am not going to tell you......" Come on.

I want all my doubts proved wrong, as this means City are successful. It's a really strange place I'm in at the moment. Righto

As for people (Homer) suggesting the doubters think Sven is not good enough, despite the above, I feel we're not good enough for Sven, and wonder what's in it for him. Money, job satisfaction. I happen to know that Sven is keen to take on a club and transform their fortunes. He will only go to a club who has the finance in place to make this happen however. Contrary to some views, this is not a money thing for Sven. He just shook on a job in Saudi which he has turned down to come to us, on less money.

Alex how can you say he did a good job with England when he never did anything in a major tournament? In 2002 against Brazil, he did nothing to inspire the team at half time (various players have commented on this) and we went on to lose. In 2004 we were completely reliant upon Rooney and as soon as he got injured that was it. and 2006 was a massive shambles with wags etc

And anyone who thinks this isn't a money thing is completely blinkered. Every club job he has been in has been with some investor making big promises. How big is his contract going to be? Why waste that much money on a manager when we could get a perfectly good one cheaper, and spend the rest on players?

Before Sven:
England is the laughing stock of European football during Euro 2000 qualifiers
Fifa world ranking: 17
Sven's record:
England beat Germany 5-1
England make quarter finals of World Cup 2002, Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006.
Fifa world ranking: 6
After Sven:
England fail to qualify for Euro 2008
Germany beat England 4-1 at World Cup 2010.

re. 'massive shambles with WAGS' - you are now buying in to red-top media who were tired of Sven. We were a lot better than Fabio Capello's England, wags or no wags.

Sven wants the assurances that he is able to realistically do what the club are hiring him to do. It will be expensive, he knows that, he wants to be sure the pot is there. Why is this so strange?

Sky just confirmed that he's signed a two year contract.

Welcome to Leicester Svennie. Best wishes to you.

Last edited:
Before Sven:
England is the laughing stock of European football during Euro 2000 qualifiers
Fifa world ranking: 17
Sven's record:
England beat Germany 5-1
England make quarter finals of World Cup 2002, Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006.
Fifa world ranking: 6
After Sven:
England fail to qualify for Euro 2008
Germany beat England 4-1 at World Cup 2010.

re. 'massive shambles with WAGS' - you are now buying in to red-top media who were tired of Sven. We were a lot better than Fabio Capello's England, wags or no wags.

Sven wants the assurances that he is able to realistically do what the club are hiring him to do. It will be expensive, he knows that, he wants to be sure the pot is there. Why is this so strange?

The England job is different in the sense that its based ultimately on the players available to you, you dont sign them. Can you honestly say that based on the players in the squad in 1998 and the squad in 2006 that they shouldn't have done a lot better ?

And I dont see how i'm buying into this "media" thing. Players themselves have commented on the distraction.

And dont give me Fifa World Rankings as evidence-there a ****ing joke!

It was you who mentioned the England thing. If you don't think we were any good under Sven, then I would like to know a better post-1966 England manager please? I am totally uninterested on what the England players suggest is a distraction. They are a bunch of wankers when together for England and always complain.

Oi brown nose get that avatar changed, I had it first!

It was you who mentioned the England thing. If you don't think we were any good under Sven, then I would like to know a better post-1966 England manager please? I am totally uninterested on what the England players suggest is a distraction. They are a bunch of wankers when together for England and always complain.

Agreed, England players nearly always have an excuse for failing-rarely do we hear an honest verdict of "they're a better team". There's always the problem of wives not being there, wives being there, not used to the ball every team is playing with, the keepers time of month etc etc. Its all bollocks really.

Where do you want me to start? :102:

Firstly, despite his reputation, I didn't like him. It's probably a girl thing, so you'll probably discount that.

I never liked the way he always tinkered with a side, from memory with England, he was always chopping and changing. I've drunk a lot of alcohol, so if any pedants want to counter that with two consecutive England teams that were the same, do so. I don't care.

I agree with Mawsley's post about the way football's going (pedantry aside...). However, I haven't reached the stage of voting with my feet.

It's funny you mention Notts County as a reason to applaud this appointment. I really, really wish I could post more, but I can't. Don't PM me on it either, as I won't tell you.

I want all my doubts proved wrong, as this means City are successful. It's a really strange place I'm in at the moment.

So you can't offer one good reason then?

Agreed, England players nearly always have an excuse for failing-rarely do we hear an honest verdict of "they're a better team". There's always the problem of wives not being there, wives being there, not used to the ball every team is playing with, the keepers time of month etc etc. Its all bollocks really.

Exactly. Wankers.

Alex how can you say he did a good job with England when he never did anything in a major tournament? In 2002 against Brazil, he did nothing to inspire the team at half time

****ing hell, the players needed inspiring to play against Brazil?

What a weird bunch of footballers they must be.

Let's hope the lads never need inspiring at half time in a play-off final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58