Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made me cringe when he put Milan on the spot over NP and Milan sounded just a bit pissed off that he mentioned it.
Not be surprised if Stringer gets banned again and City ask RL to send John Sinclair etc instead

if RL must insist on using the useless feckwit, send him on a journalists course so at least he has the faintest idea of what he should be doing.

The most surreal thing about all this is that I keep seeing the phrase; "he wouldn't be my first choice" on various messageboards.

However, this statement is never backed-up with a stated alternative to Mr Eriksson.

I could only imagine that had Johann Cruyff signed for us in 1981, many fans would have viewed him as the wrong sort of player.

Last edited:
I don't know about you but this still strikes me as absolutely surreal stuff. Sven? Leicester? How did that happen?

Exactly my feeling! Only thing that would have been more surreal would have been MON returning.

Alex how can you say he did a good job with England when he never did anything in a major tournament? In 2002 against Brazil, he did nothing to inspire the team at half time (various players have commented on this) and we went on to lose. In 2004 we were completely reliant upon Rooney and as soon as he got injured that was it. and 2006 was a massive shambles with wags etc

And anyone who thinks this isn't a money thing is completely blinkered. Every club job he has been in has been with some investor making big promises. How big is his contract going to be? Why waste that much money on a manager when we could get a perfectly good one cheaper, and spend the rest on players?

The Thai owners wanted a big glitzy name to show off to the rest of the football world and Thailand saying .."Look at us, we have bought a football club which we will take to the premier league within 2 years managed by a world wide known manager who will bring us lots of press, publicity, sponsors, shirt sales, ticket sales and hopefully talented players .." This is the Thai plan for success. :102:

I'm going to throw in a new name in the mix of potential loan signings here (that means this is unfounded speculation): John Guidetti. Sven signed him as a 15 year old at Man City, this year he was a huge success at Brommapojkarna here in Sweden and made his full time debut for Man City a couple of weeks ago (League Cup).

He's still young but has plenty of raw talent and he's seen as the next big thing in Sweden.

The Thai owners wanted a big glitzy name to show off to the rest of the football world and Thailand saying .."Look at us, we have bought a football club which we will take to the premier league within 2 years managed by a world wide known manager who will bring us lots of press, publicity, sponsors, shirt sales, ticket sales and hopefully talented players .." This is the Thai plan for success. :102:

Well, we all know how to moan, but it isn't necessarily a bad plan for success

My record of posts will show that I stuck by Sousa, to the end, but listening to those player interviews after yesterday's game, it is clear that he had lost the dressing room. That has to be the end, and I applaud Milan for making the decision and for a brilliant appointment.

Sven made all the right noises at the press conference; he will not rush to replace staff, or players; everyone will get their chance. He hopes to earn an extension to his two year contract and he wants to get Leicester to the Premiership asap. Hardly rocket science, but he made Leicester City to be important, not Sven.

An inspired choice of manager: a good footballing mind and high profile, which will help to keep the club to the forefront of the news.

Brilliant, Milan - Thank you! :038::038::038:

Wow, just think if they pull it off (no innuendo please).:102:

After the fiasco at Notts County, I would have thought SGE would have asked for a few more reassurances before turning down the Saudi money.

Sven has made his first signings as he wants to brighten the Walkers up and reckons we need a bit of Glam at half time instead of the Birch so these young ladies will entertain the crowd

Attachments

• SwedishFans-787783.jpg
    SwedishFans-787783.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 186
It stands to reason........ who would you rather have? A manager with a CV like SGE or some bloke who managed Southend and Walsall?

Quite right.
It seems likely that we have entered a new age for the club. I find this pleasing. I enjoy every season and every football match (100% mongie) but since with the exception of Micky Adams first season the period since O'Neill left has not been that special.

The new era is likely to mean foreign players. If they are good foreign players I am all for it. I voted Bruno Berner player of the season last year (with all due respect to Hobbs and Morrison. I thoroughly enjoyed Tunchev's play foir the first half of that season.

I doubt if many Arsenal fans wanted an English player instead of Henry or Man U fans were put off Cantona because of their well-deserved dislike of Napoleon.

Obviously King Power are not in love with Leicester City and neither is Sven. However, it seems to me that both have everything to gain from Leicester's success. We are in what Americans call a win-win situation.

Just got back from Honeymoon...

a lot has happened while I was away it would seem. I'm reasonably optimistic about Sven. Time will tell.

Glad Sousa has gone. Now we just need to ditch Mandertwat.

Yeh, let's ditch the new owners as well. Let's stay in the Championship forever with the occasional drop down to League 1 for a bit of excitement. Let's go into administration now and again for some entertainment. Let's go to the brink of bankruptcy and see if we can survive without actually going out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00