Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Thai owners wanted a big glitzy name to show off to the rest of the football world and Thailand saying .."Look at us, we have bought a football club which we will take to the premier league within 2 years managed by a world wide known manager who will bring us lots of press, publicity, sponsors, shirt sales, ticket sales and hopefully talented players .." This is the Thai plan for success. :102:

Sounds good to me!

I still can't quite believe this it is huge for Leicester anybody who doesn't want him in charge needs their heads testing!! People really should think things through the best one I've heard over the last few days was some joker not wanting Sven because he is not a track suit manager and yet want o'neill who will be the first to tell you he only ever spends about 15mins a day on the training pitch!

I still can't quite believe this it is huge for Leicester anybody who doesn't want him in charge needs their heads testing!! People really should think things through the best one I've heard over the last few days was some joker not wanting Sven because he is not a track suit manager and yet want o'neill who will be the first to tell you he only ever spends about 15mins a day on the training pitch!

Well actually he IS a tracksuit manager! In the press conference, he said he wants to be on the coaching pitches everyday, just as he was at Notts County, and that he hates being in meetings.

Some twonk was on the Football League show claiming that the appointment was a 'publicity stunt....'. Errrr.....

He probably has the world's most 'Swedish' English accent (Carl-Henrik Svanberg is in with a shout as well) but as long as you understand him I suppose it doesn't really matter. :)

Jan Molby was alwys a great interview - big Dane with a scouse accent :icon_razz

What a great thread. Seems anyone who isn't jumping with joy at the arrival of Eriksson is a wanker or an idiot.

Great stuff.

OK then, who would be a better appointment than Eriksson?

MON, mourinho, ferguson, wenger, ancelotti. I'm quite hopeful with Sven though. I'm still a wanker though.

Okey dokey..

He did a very good job with England. That is a fact.

Perhaps when you are unable to get a ticket for the Walkers for under £45 this would be the time?

No point in this paragraph whatsoever except for you to play playground nonsense...."I know something, but I am not going to tell you......" Come on.

Righto

Money, job satisfaction. I happen to know that Sven is keen to take on a club and transform their fortunes. He will only go to a club who has the finance in place to make this happen however. Contrary to some views, this is not a money thing for Sven. He just shook on a job in Saudi which he has turned down to come to us, on less money.

Hmmm so reaching major Tournament finals, but failing to win them is "very good"? Fair enough.

As for shaking on a deal, and then turning it down, seriously, how is that a good thing? That suggests to me the contract SGE has just signed isn't worth the paper it's written on. But that could just be me.

At the end of the day, I have reservations. I'm sorry if I'm not jumping up and down about it. I didn't think we all had to get excited, but apparently I'm wrong, so whoopee.

So you can't offer one good reason then?

Who rattled your lid, Mr Pot?

Hmmm so reaching major Tournament finals, but failing to win them is "very good"? Fair enough. Yep. That's as good as England can be realistically I think. Do you not think he did a good job then?

As for shaking on a deal, and then turning it down, seriously, how is that a good thing? That suggests to me the contract SGE has just signed isn't worth the paper it's written on. But that could just be me. I would be annoyed as the Saudi owners. I don't think Sven is disloyal however, do you? If so, where would that be? Notts County was a job which turned on him and became unrealistic from what I know.

At the end of the day, I have reservations. I'm sorry if I'm not jumping up and down about it. I didn't think we all had to get excited, but apparently I'm wrong, so whoopee.
No one's saying anything of the sort really. I am excited as I think this will move the club forwards. I also miss Filbo every time I go to the Walkers but have come to terms with the fact that football is a business which no longer cares for the romantics - non-league aside.

I'm excited, but I've always known I was a wanker and a ****.

Do I think he will be successful by right? No.
Is he absolutely miles better than anyone else we could have gotten? Yes.
Do I think there is more of a chance of him doing well for his than anyone else available? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669