Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear about Sven, A man that know's his footie and also comes with a wealth of expirence, I also feel this is a good move for the players who can learn a lot from Sven knowing the clubs he has been at and the contacts he has in the game, We could (not getting my hopes high) really be a big force. Our Season Starts now!!

Can someone confirm as i haven't seen the Press Conference but will Sven keep Powell and the staff, as well as the players - Fresh start for everyone?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...ike-he-was-at-Notts-County-article593889.html

Sven in the Mirror saying that it's a very different situation to Notts County, this time he's met the owners and knows what is going on and that there is real money behind it (wonder if he knows who the mysterious other investor is?). The article also says that Fez guy will be his assistant.

Also in that piece:

Mandaric ....insists their takeover should be ratified later this month by the Football League.

Mandaric said: “There is no problem. They are great credible people and there is just the paperwork to go through.”

I thought he last said it would be 'by the end of the week' a couple of weeks ago.

Can someone confirm as i haven't seen the Press Conference but will Sven keep Powell and the staff, as well as the players - Fresh start for everyone?

That's the impression he gave. Powell definitely. "not here to sack anyone straight away"

Although I suspect he might learn a lot about the squad in Thailand.

Oliver Kay column about Sven in the times today. Basically says that since the England job, Sven has lost all credibility. In 2000 he might have got the Real Madrid job next and was up there with Fergie, Capello, Lippi etc. Now he's at Leicester and you could never see any of those others ending up in that position.

Oliver Kay column about Sven in the times today. Basically says that since the England job, Sven has lost all credibility. In 2000 he might have got the Real Madrid job next and was up there with Fergie, Capello, Lippi etc. Now he's at Leicester and you could never see any of those others ending up in that position.

Quite right, Leicester wouldn't stoop so low as to emply them :icon_lol:

The same Fergie that is sewn into the dugout at Old Trafford?
The same Capello that isn't doing as well as Sven did at England?
The same Lippi that led Italy to their worst World Cup performance?

I don't think Sven is that bad compared to them. He's just more willing to accept a challenge.

sven is doing as many managerial changes as mandaric.. mexico ivory coast .. western boulevard.. the ground to be known as the i kea king green curry crisps stadium

Just read this article. Kay spends a third writing about how he reckons we'll be successful with him. Daft northern twat, Kay that is.

I wonder how many former England internationals we are going to sign. There are a few available on free transfers, i'm thinking Darius Vassell, Michael Ricketts, Gavin McCann or Fancis Jeffers could come and transform our attack.

I wonder how many former England internationals we are going to sign. There are a few available on free transfers, i'm thinking Darius Vassell, Michael Ricketts, Gavin McCann or Fancis Jeffers could come and transform our attack.

If we sign any of those lot I will quickly revert back into my Sousa depression.

If we sign any of those lot I will quickly revert back into my Sousa depression.

Agree with you there they are all Ricky Over The Hill's the lot of them. Over the years we have had enough has-been's. What we need is up and coming players such as Tom Cleverley. So hopefully Sven will have some decent scouts on board who know their stuff and can spot a decent player.

The odd youngster from say Man City or other decent players from the Premiership reserves would do wonders for our team as we need a bit of speed, with the odd bit of skill, and players that can last 90 minutes. They need to be hungry for a place in the team and want to impress even if this means that the parent club have them back, We can now afford the wages of these players and mix it with an experienced couple of players in the right positions the squad will hopefully be strong enough to mount some sort of challenge for the play-offs.

The odd youngster from say Man City or other decent players from the Premiership reserves would do wonders for our team as we need a bit of speed, with the odd bit of skill, and players that can last 90 minutes.

A proper training regime will right that current wrong

As Lboro fox managed to pick out the four worst players to put on the England shirt during the last decade or so I think he was not entirely serious in his suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669