The same Sven who in his last 5 years as a club manager won:

* Coppa Italia Winners 1998, 2000
* Italian Super Cup Winners 1998, 2000
* UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
* UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
* Serie A Champions 2000
* UEFA Cup Runners Up 1998

Yeah, I'd say it's pretty close.

You are seriously including the Italian super cup and UEFA super cup? one is basically the charity shield and counts for nothing, whilst the other is just an excuse for UEFA suits to go to monaco and drink. and the cup winners cup which was scrapped because it was such a joke? I won't bother to list the charity shields Fergie has won thanks, or even the world club championship.
Let's just talk REAL tournaments

Cracking arguement you have there. 1 league title, and 1 cup (which is valued as highly as the carling cup, so isn't much cop either). He's definitely as good as Capello, Ferguson and Lippi

Given that, after 48 pages, this thread has boiled down to comparing the relative merits of our new manager with Messrs. Ferguson, Lippi and Capello, may I suggest that we now have a very good chance of moving onwards and upwards?

Can't argue with that logic. Well said.

Still no alternatives to Sven then?

Given that, after 48 pages, this thread has boiled down to comparing the relative merits of our new manager with Messrs. Ferguson, Lippi and Capello, may I suggest that we now have a very good chance of moving onwards and upwards?

I thought the suggestion that we have a manager in the same league as those mentioned was laughable, and duly delivered my opinion on why.

Alternative to Sven? Anyone who has managerial experience in the Championship of getting promotion and isn't ugly and seen in the club shop.

I thought the suggestion that we have a manager in the same league as those mentioned was laughable, and duly delivered my opinion on why.

Alternative to Sven? Anyone who has managerial experience in the Championship of getting promotion and isn't ugly and seen in the club shop.

So Micky Adams then?

Why is it so laughable? Lippi and Ferguson have never managed outside of their own country. Sven has managed in several countries, along with lengthy international stints covering different continents.

We could argue all day about whether he's had relative success at international level, but he has been very successful at club level. Given a straight fight for the Leicester job between say Colin W (who meets your selection criteria) and Sven, I would expect most Chairman to go with Sven.

Why is it so laughable? Lippi and Ferguson have never managed outside of their own country. Sven has managed in several countries, along with lengthy international stints covering different continents.

We could argue all day about whether he's had relative success at international level, but he has been very successful at club level. Given a straight fight for the Leicester job between say Colin W (who meets your selection criteria) and Sven, I would expect most Chairman to go with Sven.

Its laughable because its like saying Gerard Houllier is in the same league etc because he won a few cups. I know Sven has done well in the past. My issue is in recent years he has become a bit of a joke figure, driven by money.

Anyway, its quite clear what my opinion on Sven is by now. Obviously I hope he proves me wrong, and leads us to the Premiership, and if he does I'll happily hold my hands up and say I'm wrong. I just can't see it personally. Just my opinion though.

Its laughable because its like saying Gerard Houllier is in the same league etc because he won a few cups. I know Sven has done well in the past. My issue is in recent years he has become a bit of a joke figure, driven by money.

Anyway, its quite clear what my opinion on Sven is by now. Obviously I hope he proves me wrong, and leads us to the Premiership, and if he does I'll happily hold my hands up and say I'm wrong. I just can't see it personally. Just my opinion though.

OK, tustle over. Hope we agree on Flight of the Conchords.

I see your point but my concern would be if the manager with Championship experience get us promoted, will they have the credentials to then keep us in the prem.

SGE may not have experience in the Championship but he has 20+ years managerial experience.

Morenio didn't have any premiership experience when he went to chelsea. I may also be right in saying the Fergie had only managed in Scotland before going to Man Utd, hardly the best experience a manager can have.

I am just pleased that we have an experienced (relatively, in your eyes) and successful manager in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669