Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
SwedeFox - help us ignorant Brits to pronounce his name properly. When he was England manager my Swedish friend tried to teach me to say Sven Yorrrran Ehriksawn or something like that.

Cracking arguement you have there. 1 league title, and 1 cup (which is valued as highly as the carling cup, so isn't much cop either). He's definitely as good as Capello, Ferguson and Lippi

Don't really understand what the **** you are arguing about.

Apologies if someone has already crakced this obvious pun:

"Sven, who is your all time favourite Leicester player?"

"Well, er...."

:tumbleweed:

Apologies if someone has already crakced this obvious pun:

"Sven, who is your all time favourite Leicester player?"

"Well, er...."

:tumbleweed:
If you'd made this joke in person, I'd have stared at you in disbelief for a full minute, then walked out shaking my head.

Alternative to Sven? Anyone who has managerial experience in the Championship of getting promotion and isn't ugly and seen in the club shop.

The only manager I can think of (not currently in the Prem) that has achieved promotion and is any good would be Cocknose. Does that mean its Cocknose or nothing for you?

I'm pretty certain he carries the same passport as you and me.

What has that got to do with the (wrong) assertion that Fergie has never managed outside of his own country :102:

SwedeFox - help us ignorant Brits to pronounce his name properly. When he was England manager my Swedish friend tried to teach me to say Sven Yorrrran Ehriksawn or something like that.

Ah, good that you brought that up. I notice that most people pronounce it Goran - and yes, if he were Yugoslavian that would be 100 % correct. Now, the name is Göran and he is Swedish so Goran is 100 % wrong.

Your Swedish friend was right (of course) - Yoran is probably the closest you'll get using the English alphabet. Eriksson is not that hard really, although most English tend to say "Eriksen", that's Norwegian - it's Eriksson.

And the Swedish R is rhotic, so more Scottish than American, if you see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669