Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited, but I've always known I was a wanker and a ****.

Do I think he will be successful by right? No.
Is he absolutely miles better than anyone else we could have gotten? Yes.
Do I think there is more of a chance of him doing well for his than anyone else available? Yes.

Wanker. How dare you. RIGHT. Go and listen to "Isis" 20 times. NOW.

Is it time for a 'prefered alternatives to Sven' thread? The only one mentioned that I can begin to understand is a man who turned us down

I had become increasingly pessimistic about Leicester City. I was shocked about the way Milan allowed Pearson to talk to Hull and let him go just as I thought we were building something successful; I was relieved when it was Sousa who at least seemed to have more about him than Coleman, Dowie or Southgate. That gradual changed partly because of dreadful results and partly because Sousa's comments after the game often showed a manager in denial.

Things have rapidly changed. The first boost was replacing Sousa by Powell for Saturday's game.
Then comes Sven. At first I dismissed reports that Sven would come as being mere wishful thinking like the MON rumours. Now it is confirmed.

I am realistic enough to guess that automatic promotion is unlikely this season - we have lost too many games already. I know that the playoffs are a lottery and not to be relied on.
Nevertheless I have suddenly become excited by the season and very optimistic about Leicester's future.

As for shaking on a deal, and then turning it down, seriously, how is that a good thing? That suggests to me the contract SGE has just signed isn't worth the paper it's written on. But that could just be me.

Nope. I expressed a similar sentiment earlier in this thread.

Glad to see he is a man of honour then.

Nope. I expressed a similar sentiment earlier in this thread.
For what it's worth: his agent is saying today that the only reason why Sven was linked to Al-Hilal was that Sven is friends with the director of football there.

For what it's worth: his agent is saying today that the only reason why Sven was linked to Al-Hilal was that Sven is friends with the director of football there.

The reports say he had shaken hands on a deal. That is a little more than simply being 'linked'.

Anyway, their loss is our gain.

Last edited:
The reports say he had shaken hands on a deal. That is a little more than simply being 'linked'.

Anyway, their loss is our gain.

It was a direct question: Was Sven close to Al-Hilal? And the agent said no.

But I'm just passing on what's written here, because I know very well what agents are like.

All that money and his choppers are an absolute disgrace :018:

Thanks for that Graz.

The thing that I keep thinking is that - when have we ever appointed a manager like this before? A manager who has achieved huge club success at the highest levels? A manager who none who have been too surprised had he taken the post at Liverpool, Fulham or Villa.

Now, this could all go horribly wrong, of course, and many of us have good reason to be suspicious of Mandaric's tenure here as well as previous bosses given a pot to spend. But what if this works? This could be a huge turning point in the fortunes of Leicester City Football Club. I don't think anyone can deny the size of the task for Sven, yet equally none can deny surely the size of the manager's club CV to embark on such a challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00