Sven's Provisional Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan said:
1 so he can play on the wings can he? and full back?

2 too bluddy right! defoe is lots better than walcott

1. Neither can Hargreaves :icon_wink :icon_lol:

2. I totally agree, Id have put defoe in there straight off and Bent as back up. Just pointing out that sven is obviously looking to make the public think he is trying something different when it obvious he will change it.

I think we should agree to disagree on Hargreaves or this could go on all day.

Blaby blue blood said:
1. Neither can Hargreaves :icon_wink :icon_lol:

2. I totally agree, Id have put defoe in there straight off and Bent as back up. Just pointing out that sven is obviously looking to make the public think he is trying something different when it obvious he will change it.

I think we should agree to disagree on Hargreaves or this could go on all day.

forget hargreaves. he'll hardly feature.

as for walcott. i think it's a clever choice. we have a few out-and-out strikers, Owen, Defoe, Crouch. we don't need another. we don't have any other english "support-strikers" to take rooney's place. i don't believe he'll start and may not even feature but it gives us an extra option if we're desperate, which bent doesn't.

Personally i'm excited by the squad except for owen hargreaves. If Rooney makes it to the full squad then great, if not defoe will be promoted so that we have three recognised strikers with walcott as the fourth.

The players he's included mean the have more options with formations than if we had got defoe and bent in the squad IMO.

Babylon said:
Personally i'm excited by the squad except for owen hargreaves. If Rooney makes it to the full squad then great, if not defoe will be promoted so that we have three recognised strikers with walcott as the fourth.

The players he's included mean the have more options with formations than if we had got defoe and bent in the squad IMO.
agreed, which is what i said above.

Nathan said:

as for walcott. i think it's a clever choice. we have a few out-and-out strikers, Owen, Defoe, Crouch. we don't need another. we don't have any other english "support-strikers" to take rooney's place. i don't believe he'll start and may not even feature but it gives us an extra option if we're desperate, which bent doesn't.

defoe is only on standby at the mo

Nathan said:

I am annoyed that Bent hasn't been included, but however I do have to say that this could be a great move by Sven.

I doubt a lot of nations will know about him, we could use him as a secret weapon as such. His blistering pace could surprise some.....I just hope Sven has made the correct choice. :icon_conf

Nathan said:

This is why Id take Nolan, he can play in midfield or up front as the link player like he has done for Bolton in the past.

Not having seen Walcott play I cant comment, but I just feel its too soon for the kid.

My reservation is Wright-Phillips, he's an ideal player to put on with 20 minutes left to have some pace on the pitch. Downing I feel is not good enough for international football, he's very one dimsenol player.

The Four Strikers, I think Sven has played it clever and Rooney will be replaced by Defoe. Bent's non-inclusion is a joke. Walcott may be a wild card, who knows. Hopes of Rooney being fit are silly, Rooney is never going to be 100% and neither is Owen, we do not need one passenger, let alone two.

Green is a fecking waste of time!

1. He's injured
2. He's not good enough
3. He's not at an age where he will ever become any better.
Why not give a youngster a go for third choice goalie.

Last edited:
Sven has lost it, unless he's trying to emulate 66 and Geoff Hirsts late run up the inside.

Bent must be very pee'd off, as is SWP. He could really turn a game, which is what we need.

SWP transfer to Chelsea cost him his World cup place.

I just hope Sven plays Cole in the Rooney 'bubble'. I think he will, thats why he's taking Downing and Hargreaves as the left sided midfielders.

Souto said:
Sven has lost it, unless he's trying to emulate 66 and Geoff Hirsts late run up the inside.

Bent must be very pee'd off, as is SWP. He could really turn a game, which is what we need.

SWP transfer to Chelsea cost him his World cup place.

I just hope Sven plays Cole in the Rooney 'bubble'. I think he will, thats why he's taking Downing and Hargreaves as the left sided midfielders.

Good first post, welcome! :038:

With the left sided place, I would rather have taken Richardson than Downing. As for Joe Cole, keep him down the left, play Gerrard as the 2nd striker, enabling Carrick to play in the holding role which will also allow Lampard freedom.

Blaby blue blood said:
This is why Id take Nolan, he can play in midfield or up front as the link player like he has done for Bolton in the past.

Not having seen Walcott play I cant comment, but I just feel its too soon for the kid.

Cole or Gerrard will play "in the hole" to start with

Mike Hunt Smells said:
With the left sided place, I would rather have taken Richardson than Downing. As for Joe Cole, keep him down the left, play Gerrard as the 2nd striker, enabling Carrick to play in the holding role which will also allow Lampard freedom.

:038: :038: :038: :038: :038:

i'm praying for rooney to get fit but my second prayers go to Sven deciding on this option. gets the best of of our most influential players.

I think gerrard has scored more goals than eny of the back up strikers this season?

Nathan said:
:038: :038: :038: :038: :038:

i'm praying for rooney to get fit but my second prayers go to Sven deciding on this option. gets the best of of our most influential players.

I think gerrard has scored more goals than eny of the back up strikers this season?

Hasn't Lampard scored 20? ish.

Souto said:
as is SWP. He could really turn a game, which is what we need.

Errr that's why Lennon and Walcott are there!!!!

Babylon said:
Errr that's why Lennon and Walcott are there!!!!

Lennon yes, Walcott no. How can anyone who's had zero experience in the highest league get a go? I would have put Heskey above Walcott, especially with the Rooney foot going crinkley.

Arsenal have got more power in the game that anyone at the FA will let on, just look at who got to choose Big Phil and also made sure that their manager wasn't even approached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46