Sven's Provisional Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
England's world cup bid I feel relies on someone like Gerrard or Lampard having a more influential role. One of them needs to play like they do for their respective clubs. Rooney's fecked and Owen's will be as sharp as Jo Bucci's knife. England lack that Bryan Robson-type player. Walcott seems to be a last throw of the dice. My prediction orignially for England was Semi-Finals, I know reckon second round.

Overall, there is no inner belief in England to win. We 'hope' we win. Sven is a boring nob and might as well be scottish. Beckham is a fanny whose days with England are numbered.

It's time for change and Sven nor McLaren are the answers.

Nathan said:
i know. but lampard doesn't score those goals playing off the striker(s) he scores them from midfield. leave him there.

Yep, I didn't say move him! :icon_wink Move Gerrard forward, and give Lampard the free role he gets at Chelsea.

Brauny Blue said:
Do we need 3 keepers? This always happens but imo is a waste of a place in the squad for someone else.

Look at Everton earlier in the season, they had 4 keepers out injured or suspended within a couple of weeks. Wright was already injured (no surprises there!), Martyn got injured, the 3rd choice keeper Turner got sent off and 4th choice Ruddy was struggling. They ended up getting a keeper in on loan, Westerveld I think it was.

Ox Fox said:
Arsenal have got more power in the game that anyone at the FA will let on, just look at who got to choose Big Phil and also made sure that their manager wasn't even approached.

The FA spoke to Wenger... if you think Dein is picking the squad you're in cloud cuckoo land.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Look at Everton earlier in the season, they had 4 keepers out injured or suspended within a couple of weeks. Wright was already injured (no surprises there!), Martyn got injured, the 3rd choice keeper Turner got sent off and 4th choice Ruddy was struggling. They ended up getting a keeper in on loan, Westerveld I think it was.

Don't have any stats to back myself, but if you look through every team thats qualified for either the world cup or euro championship in recent years, i can't recall a third choice keeper having to be used. Is it Preston ? or some team from our league that are naming 5 outfield subs rather than 1 keeper and 4 other subs.

I bet Carrick is shi**ing himself with the excitement of it all.......

Laughable selections. Players who have none or barely no caps. We have only been preparing for this feckin thing for 2 years :icon_roll

Walcott?? Is that a joke??? No Defoe/Bent

Johnson backup???

Laughable.

fcukcov said:
I bet Carrick is shi**ing himself with the excitement of it all.......

I bet there are some players who will be feeling really upset. Like I said, Darren Bent will be one. I think Wright-Phillips and Defoe will also feel upset and disappointed at not making the squad. But Bent is the one I really feel for.

Duzza said:
Laughable selections. Players who have none or barely no caps. We have only been preparing for this feckin thing for 2 years :icon_roll

Johnson backup???

Laughable.

I bet the great Alf Ramsey is turning in his grave....

Duzza said:

Johnson backup???

Laughable.

Boris johnson waheeey:icon_lol: Bring on the Germans

How you can fail to take Defoe, and then put some kid in is plain stupid. However I wont say a word against him incase he scores us a wonder goal and becomes a legend!

Has theo started a prem game yet? has he even played in the prem yet?
:102: :102:

Mike Hunt Smells said:
No, and no.
Well that's fecking madness...

I bet SWP is really pleased he moved to Chelsea now....:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49