Sven's Provisional Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melton Fox said:
I think we can now be confident the we are dead certs and no longer need scouting
espcially after my stunning pass that set up our only goal, have I mentioned how good my pass was?

About Hargreaves, he probably does well for Bayern. We don't get to see his weekly performance. Maybe he is good for Bayern. Or maybe Sven likes him?

DesertFox said:
:icon_bigg

Do we have anyone like Bergkamp that would rather go by boat? That might help as well...

Yeah Gary Neville and I hope the ship sinks...

Mike Hunt Smells said:
About Hargreaves, he probably does well for Bayern. We don't get to see his weekly performance. Maybe he is good for Bayern. Or maybe Sven likes him?

He picks him because he can fill in at a number of different positions....all of which he is mediocre at at best

For many of the budding youngsters in the Bayern youth section, Owen Hargreaves is the perfect role model, the first home-grown player to work his way through the Junior Team ranks

now that is worrying for Bayerns future.....and hes not exactly home grown when he was born in Canada now is he...bloody germans try and stake a claim for every bloody thing dont they.

sour crout (sp?)

Duzza said:
Laughable selections. Players who have none or barely no caps. We have only been preparing for this feckin thing for 2 years :icon_roll

Walcott?? Is that a joke??? No Defoe/Bent

Johnson backup???

Laughable.

Owen and Rooney are the only World Class strikers we have,doesn't matter who else we take they aren't good enough:102: :102: Better off with Cole or Gerrard playing up there in behind Owen unless Rooney is fit

A very radical selection given Sven natural conservatism.

In terms of the more surpising names......

Green - no obvious alternative given that Martyn and Kirkland are injured. You have to have three keepers particularly with the amount of red cards that are dished around in the WC.

Hargreaves - a perenial (sp) Erikkson favourite. The expected absence of Rooney has changed the game plan. A holding midfielder is now a certain first choice so with King missing Hargreaves is cover for Carrick who'll start.

Lennon - SWP when he has played has been poor. Correct to pick the man in form.

Downing - The best left winger in the country. Been instrumental in Boro's UEFA Cup success and offers a genuine alternative to what we'll start with.
I'd have taken Richardson as well but instead of Bridge or Jenas

Walcott - Flabbergasted!!!!!!!!!! How can he be ahead of Defoe or Bent. How can Bent not be in the 27??

Overall apart from Walcott a good adventureous squad...

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!11

Fox From The Hudd said:
A very radical selection given Sven natural conservatism.

In terms of the more surpising names......

Green - no obvious alternative given that Martyn and Kirkland are injured. You have to have three keepers particularly with the amount of red cards that are dished around in the WC.

Hargreaves - a perenial (sp) Erikkson favourite. The expected absence of Rooney has changed the game plan. A holding midfielder is now a certain first choice so with King missing Hargreaves is cover for Carrick who'll start.

Lennon - SWP when he has played has been poor. Correct to pick the man in form.

Downing - The best left winger in the country. Been instrumental in Boro's UEFA Cup success and offers a genuine alternative to what we'll start with.
I'd have taken Richardson as well but instead of Bridge or Jenas

Walcott - Flabbergasted!!!!!!!!!! How can he be ahead of Defoe or Bent. How can Bent not be in the 27??

Overall apart from Walcott a good adventureous squad...

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!11

Imo Walcott is of course a gamble, but one worth taking. If we lose both Rooney and Owen we really have got problems. But on the other side of things the rest of the team looks strong and maybe we can accommodate a young player with lightning pace who will play without fear. The opposition certainly won't know nothing about him. If Arsy Wenger can fork £8m for a player thats never played prem football then it would appear that the young man most have plenty of talent. After all Wenger is not a bad judge of decent players. I don't expect him to be used from the start of any games, but could be useful to bring on in the later stages of a game.

Brauny Blue said:
:018: :icon_wink :biggrin:
hows the ring sting from the vindaloo brauny cleared up yet?

DesertFox said:
A decent Ruby is worth every sphincter-stinging minute, IMO.

The philosopher speaks. :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Nathan said:
i must be imune to the stinging. love my curries and they never do any harm to me.
you wimped out of the one on sunday though.:102:

Sky Sports News said:
Ronaldinho has come out in support of Sven Goran Eriksson's selection of Theo Walcott in his 23-man England squad for this summer's World Cup..
Well of course he fookin' has. In much the same way as David Beckham as suggested that it is crazy for Mark deVries to miss out on a place in the Dutch world cup squad. "De Vries must go, he is a natural threat to the rest of the teams involved" said Beckham " I for one, think that the tournament will be a worse event without him" :icon_roll

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
Well of course he fookin' has. In much the same way as David Beckham as suggested that it is crazy for Mark deVries to miss out on a place in the Dutch world cup squad. "De Vries must go, he is a natural threat to the rest of the teams involved" said Beckham " I for one, think that the tournament will be a worse event without him" :icon_roll
Ronaldinho doesnt even know who theo walcott is . Probably thinks its a bed for baby owls.

Dissapointed that Darren Bent has been left out but I think Sven is going to end his managerial post on a high with England winning the world cup and the hero being 17 year old Walcott.
McClaren will not be able to emulate SGE and will fail miserably in Euro 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46