Post Match Swansea 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swans easiest 3 points of the season & that leaves a bitter taste.This was a team that hadn't won in 5 & they brushed us aside.last week we were beaten by a team that hadn't won in living memory,prior to that we conceded 2 goals to the bluntest attack in the league.I found it hard to take last week but any talk of "taking positives" from that limp non-performance is going to make me very ****ing angry.

Don't worry. I'm coming over for the next game.

The first goal you hold your hands up and say 'fair play, that was class'. The second I would expect Sunday league sides to concede. DeLaet is positionally shocking and his reaction to Montero being in behind him was even worse, throw his arms up and walk. Shocking.

Swansea never even got out of 2nd gear, our engine never even turned on never mind finding a gear.

I don't know why we have lost the ability to dig in and battle but we have. We had it against the big boys and now we don't even look like we give a toss. Bar Mahrez everyone is frightened to shoot and nobody looks like causing the opposition defence a problem. Ulloa at times holds the ball up well and lays it off nicely, but then we don't seem to have the ability to get it wide, in behind a full back and whipped in for someone to attack.

I really don't know what to say, the Man Utd game and the attacking threat we showed is now non existent. Summed right up by the Cambiasso miss at the end, but realistically we were beaten as soon as the first goal went in as we didn't look like scoring in a month of Sunday's.

Utter dross. Seriously, whats happened to the side that started the season? We've been a totally shower since beating Man Utd.

My previous observation about Drinkwater is proving to be true once again. When we're winning, he's excellent and always wants the ball. When we're losing, he goes missing, gets mardy and is a liability.

Well, slightly less bad in the second half. Really want to see a standard 4-4-2. Vardy upfront with Ulloa or Nuge, Midfield that includes Cambiasso in the middle alongside James or Drinkwater.

I just think Pearson himself needs to look at what he's ding wrong as well. Messing with the side all the time, fair enough he's got a lot of players to try and keep happy but first and foremost is results at the minute. He needs to focus on our strengths rather than trying to nullify the opposition's strengths,

Just to throw another thing on the pile:

This Hammond thing has to end. Now.

That he is keeping King and James out is bad enough,Cambiasso is criminal.

Last edited:
I agree.I really hope I'm wrong but it does seem as if Nige is in danger of being exposed as out of his depth.Its starting to get more interesting trying to guess our lineup & formation than it is watching the game! fair enough you sometimes need to set up in a particular way against a certain side but this constant overhauling is just leading to putting out teams of strangers who don't seem able to play together.

Fair play to Swansea who deserved the win. But I can't imagine any of their players feeling tired after that.

I agree.I really hope I'm wrong but it does seem as if Nige is in danger of being exposed as out of his depth.Its starting to get more interesting trying to guess our lineup & formation than it is watching the game! fair enough you sometimes need to set up in a particular way against a certain side but this constant overhauling is just leading to putting out teams of strangers who don't seem able to play together.

Plenty, myself included, said as much towards the end of 12/13. He learned from that and came back with one of the best seasons this club has ever seen. He is without doubt making mistakes but he is new to this level so that's inevitable. How quickly he can learn is key but I'd stick with him even if we go down. We know what he can do in the league below and if it goes wrong this season I'd like to see him given the chance to earn another go at it.

Plenty, myself included, said as much towards the end of 12/13. He learned from that and came back with one of the best seasons this club has ever seen. He is without doubt making mistakes but he is new to this level so that's inevitable. How quickly he can learn is key but I'd stick with him even if we go down. We know what he can do in the league below and if it goes wrong this season I'd like to see him given the chance to earn another go at it.

Totally agree with those sentiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570