Post Match Swansea 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Beeb stats, which along with the RL commentary are all that I can go on (no Sky on principle!), we had our first shot on target after 59 mins: by the end, we had produced 8 shots, one more than Swansea. Would it be fair to suggest that we sat back until too late and then tried to play from 0-2?

It's far too early to discuss peestain.

Let's at least wait until wba at home :)

If we lose that, I'll be properly irritated.

According to the Beeb stats, which along with the RL commentary are all that I can go on (no Sky on principle!), we had our first shot on target after 59 mins: by the end, we had produced 8 shots, one more than Swansea. Would it be fair to suggest that we sat back until too late and then tried to play from 0-2?

No. Those stats are misleading. Most of those shots were dribbles from 30 yards out.

We had one great chance, which we botched, but we never looked like getting back into the game.

Frustration.

Last season we had a settled starting eleven. We were the best team in the league and could put out, basically, the same line up week in week out and the opposition would set out their players to try to deal with us. It's not like that at all now.

If we continue to alter the set-up for each game we never will find continuity or form. Is Nige Peasoup spoilt for choice now we have more players? does he know the best starting eleven?

I can't work out why we don't seem to have the fire that we had for the first few games of the season, is it just confidence or what? If the players played the way they played today against the players playing how they did against Man Utd they would get slaughtered - if you see what I mean.

Frustration.

No chance to vent our frustration on Radio Leicester either as they have fhe oh so important Tigers game to commentate on.
Pearson was evsn smiling at the end when shaking hands wifh Gary Monk at the end.

I wonder if TP's number has been looked up by the owners, just in case.

Why did we sign Nick Powell on loan and then not even put him in a match day squad. If he is good enough to sign he is good enough to play - especially when most everyone else is having a nightmare. Really what harm can it do ?

Morgan did play well and I thought Hammond was ok too.

The subs bench was all wrong and then to bring on 3 central midfielders when we are 2-0 down is beyond baffling. Schlupp and Wood are not world-beaters and the way we were playing as a team perhaps they wouldn't have done anything positive either but they are both attacking players who have both scored goals this season. I really don't see what Matty James brings to the team at this level.

But the most bizarre thing that happened today, and please somebody explain it to me if you can, was Nugent playing 90 mins. How could Pearson possibly look at the game and think that he deserved to stay on the pitch. He was anonymous from the first minute to the last.

I felt sorry for Ulloa. He got **** all in terms of support and I only remember one cross coming in in the whole game and that was in the 90th minute. Mahrez wasn't great, maybe not even good, but at least he ****ing had some efforts on goal and looked to create.

Why did we sign Nick Powell on loan and then not even put him in a match day squad. If he is good enough to sign he is good enough to play - especially when most everyone else is having a nightmare. Really what harm can it do ?

the same goes for Simpson and Albrighton.

You never know his name may just come out in the next team selection tombola

Plenty, myself included, said as much towards the end of 12/13. He learned from that and came back with one of the best seasons this club has ever seen. He is without doubt making mistakes but he is new to this level so that's inevitable. How quickly he can learn is key but I'd stick with him even if we go down. We know what he can do in the league below and if it goes wrong this season I'd like to see him given the chance to earn another go at it.

I'd like to make it clear that I DO agree with this.I want him to crack it.I want him to build a dynasty the way MON did.It's just going to have to happen quickly as i doubt the owners,after finally achieving their Prem goal,will be able to keep their fingers off the trigger if we're struggling badly at Xmas & they can see it slipping away.We've waited far too long to get back here & suffered too much pain along the way for it only to last a season.I want us to end up as Southampton,not Wolves! 18th will still do me in May,but I'd rather be just a tad more comfortable than that.

Last edited:
He needs to focus on our strengths rather than trying to nullify the opposition's strengths,

The Swansea manager stated after the game that they go out every game expecting to win. That seems to be where we go wrong as we don't seem to have that attitude.

Really irritating game. When I saw the line up I thought we were going to give this a go. Insead, we decide to try and stifle the game which we aren't good enough to do.

I would sooner us give it a go and lose than what we are currently doing. Pick your best eleven and let the opposition adapt or worry about us.

What we are currently doing is asking for trouble.

We're looking very poor and like a Championship side away from home. Just hope our home form can pull us through. Home games against WBA and Sunderland next month are going to be key.

Confused and baffled by our "game plan", disappointing performance and concerned about recent lack of form, as always i try and stay positive, last season it was a fact that 2points/game average would see us promoted, i continually monitored our progress against that target, and we achieved our aim. This season 37 points should see us safe and interms of points/game thats about 1point/game so were currently about on target

My previous observation about Drinkwater is proving to be true once again. When we're winning, he's excellent and always wants the ball. When we're losing, he goes missing, gets mardy and is a liability.

I'd read all about how good Drinkwater was on here and it was only towards the end of last season that I found the streams to watch the games. I know it won't be very popular to say but considering what I saw last year and from what I have seen so far this season I'm yet to be convinced that he is the player that all the talk says he is.

The overall performance today was woeful, with only Ulloa and possibly Morgan emerging with any credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669