Post Match Swansea 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was particularly thinking about defenders - especially central defenders.

I find it difficult to understand how the club could have thought we had adequate cover or choices in those positions - positions where suspensions and injuries are common. These problems have not really kicked in yet - but they most likely will.

Cobblers man. We have four front line central defenders. How many more do you want? Three experienced internationals and one U21 international.

Who is Chelsea or Man City's fifth choice centre back? Something has gone very wrong if you have to dig that deep.

For me the problem was all about one man whom I usually love.... David Nugent. Playing him in a false no.10 role was a mistake. He can't do it. We should have had King there, Cambiasso for Hammond (arguably) and we could have seen a very different effort. We simply couldn't hold the ball in the middle...

Lessons being learned, this is a very tough division. We need a win & fast as I fear QPR will get one tonight and we could well go in to a very busy period in a perilous state.

WBA will be a very tough match too by the way.

Happy days.

They are? Saturday may well prove or disprove that.
Awaiting your Saturday playlist in anticipation! The Doors; was it just a one off, or are even better things to be expected?

Awaiting your Saturday playlist in anticipation! The Doors; was it just a one off, or are even better things to be expected?

I like to think my musical tastes are very eclectic.

Cobblers man. We have four front line central defenders. How many more do you want? Three experienced internationals and one U21 international.

Who is Chelsea or Man City's fifth choice centre back? Something has gone very wrong if you have to dig that deep.

At my last count there are two.

The most likely first choice replacement is unlikely to have the mobility to thrive in the Premier League.

I was shocked by City's efforts at Swansea. I have been away for the last few weeks and apart from results not been able top read any analysis of their games. They simply looked a tired, lacking confidence and not playing as a unit, one of their biggest strengths over the last seasons. The back four were awful, none of them came away from the game with much credit, De Laet's covering was woeful, Morgan looked slow and out of his depth his tackle to save Schmiechal's terrible clearance was the only thing of note. Moores distribution bordered on 'park footie', and that is probably an insult to the people who turn up week in week out and try their best. Konchesky was also guilty of poor distribution and was caught out of position numerous times. Midfield, 'what midfield ' is the question. I don't think they have played so badly in a single game, link up play was non existent, time and again Ulloa, who worked his socks off was falling back into his own half to get the ball, when the ball did get out to the wingers ( Vardy and Mahrez who did try), there was nobody in the middle to take advantage, I don't know what happened to Nugent I don't remember seeing him on the pitch. Changes are definitely required, I will leave it to the Manager to make those decisions, but the likes of James, Knocheart, Cambiasso spring to mind, and a couple of the loanees must be in with a shout.

I was shocked by City's efforts at Swansea. I have been away for the last few weeks and apart from results not been able top read any analysis of their games. They simply looked a tired, lacking confidence and not playing as a unit, one of their biggest strengths over the last seasons. The back four were awful, none of them came away from the game with much credit, De Laet's covering was woeful, Morgan looked slow and out of his depth his tackle to save Schmiechal's terrible clearance was the only thing of note. Moores distribution bordered on 'park footie', and that is probably an insult to the people who turn up week in week out and try their best. Konchesky was also guilty of poor distribution and was caught out of position numerous times. Midfield, 'what midfield ' is the question. I don't think they have played so badly in a single game, link up play was non existent, time and again Ulloa, who worked his socks off was falling back into his own half to get the ball, when the ball did get out to the wingers ( Vardy and Mahrez who did try), there was nobody in the middle to take advantage, I don't know what happened to Nugent I don't remember seeing him on the pitch. Changes are definitely required, I will leave it to the Manager to make those decisions, but the likes of James, Knocheart, Cambiasso spring to mind, and a couple of the loanees must be in with a shout.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570