nigels team sadly
kasper
de laet, moore, morgan, konchesky
cambiasson
drinkwater james
mahrez nugent
ulloa

Re: team for swans away

Personally I believe Cambiasson has proven himself to be a better defensive midfielder than Cambiasso and is ready to make the step up.

I'd be tempted to go back to what worked last season. A 4-4-2 with our big summer signings dropped. Not because they're crap, but because they just won't fit into what works for the vast majority of our players. I've no doubt that the team that won promotion last season is good enough to survive in this league.

Last season's success was built on incisive passing and pace. Ulloa, excellent as he is at what he does, encourages us to hoof it. If Cambiasso doesn't have the legs to play in a two then he shouldn't have been signed. I think Nige might have got those signings wrong which sounds daft based on their individual performances but I think we've had to shift away from what made us so frightening last season to accommodate them.

It looks to me as though Dyer going was a bad thing but there's sod all we can do about that now. Mahrez on one wing is a given but I don't think Knockaert has it in him to step up on the other, unfortunately. Vardy out wide might work. He has pace and can press and cross. Nugent and Ulloa has looked the better partnership up top to me other than against United.

I don't want this post to appear to critical of Pearson. I was one of those who wanted him out at the end of 12/13 and I've learned my lesson. If we go down because he makes mistakes we should allow him the opportunity to learn from them. This level of football is new to him as a manager and it might take time for him to develop the necessary tactical nous. He proved last season that he is adaptable and capable of learning from previous errors. I want us to stay up of course and believe we will. But let's not get into that mindset that it's the end of the world if we don't. We're Leicester City. Bouncing between the top two leagues is what we do.

I'd go back to the 4-2-3-1 sort of shape we had at the start of the season, just with a couple of changes in personnel:

Schmeichel
Simpson, Morgan, Moore, Konchesky,
Cambiasso, Drinkwater
Mahrez, Nugent, Vardy
Ulloa

Pea Son got it wrong yesterday with the negative set up against a poor side. We were set up to be more attacking against Manure than Newcastle which is just odd.

After yesterday's game I did fear for our chances this season, fortunately I decided to watch MOTD this morning and feel much more confident having been reminded of how much other shit there is in this league. I'm still hoping Gus Poyet gets backed by his board then they can take the last relegation place and go down with Bumley and QPR.

Last edited:

Fitz. Your point regarding the other teams is a good one.

I don't see any path for Burnley.

QPR will be in trouble as long as Redknapp stays and he seems to be on a long leash. That said, I'd be concerned if they went and got a Pulis or something. The same can be said of Sunderland.

I still think Newcastle are shit. Villa too.

West Brom will likely settle down as will Swansea. Stoke are bang average and could easily get sucked in. I'd even argue Hull are possible candidates.

Still. I reckon we've got to win 10 games (and based on what I see so far most of them will have to be at home)...that Burnley equalizer really was an absolute shitter. If we had beaten them as we should we'd be on schedule.

We simply have to win our home games against the sides mentioned above.

Last edited:

that Burnley equalizer really was an absolute shitter. If we had beaten them as we should we'd be on schedule.

We'd also be on the same points as Arse, Manure, Tottenham and Swansea. Hopefully over the next few weeks we'll see attacking players like Mahrez and Vardy get back in the starting 11 and a few wins will calm everyone down. Losing to Newcastle may work out in helping Pardew keep his job for a little longer.

So yeah...these are the games (all at home) I really care about. The better we do in these the less we will have to get points away from home.

West Brom
Stoke
Sunderland
QPR
Villa
Stoke
Swansea
Hull
Palace
Burnley

We are currently 2 points off schedule but made it up against Stoke.

Another simple way to view it: we basically need a win every three games.

Newcastle looked shit but they closed us down well when not in possession and we couldn't handle it. One moment of quality in a game full of absolute rubbish has won it. We've done well against some difficult sides and are now struggling a bit in games where we should expect to pick up some points. It's not the end of the world but things need sorting. Not starting both Nugent and Vardy was a mistake. We should just stick to 4-4-2. Mahrez-Cambiasso-Drinkwater-Schlupp with Vardy or Nugent and Ulloa upfront. Personally I prefer Vardy but I assume he must tire easily and this is why we prefer to bring him on in the second half..

Wibble

Wibble
Wibble
Wibble
Wibble

Wibble
Wibble
Wibble
Wibble

Wibble
Wibble

Jacob Miller
Peter Tosh
Gregory Isaacs
Garnett Silk
Errol Dunkley
Desmond Dekker
Desmond Ballentine
Toots Hibbert
Ripton Hylton
Freddie McGregor
Dennis Brown

72-0.

Lee Perry
Winston Samuels
George Agard
Jerry Mathias
Justin Hinds
Lloyd Robinson
Joe White
Derrick Morgan
Carlton Manning
Delroy Wilson
Keith Blake

69 - 0

Jacob Miller
Peter Tosh
Gregory Isaacs
Garnett Silk
Errol Dunkley
Desmond Dekker
Desmond Ballentine
Toots Hibbert
Ripton Hylton
Freddie McGregor
Dennis Brown

72-0.
So one of our fullbacks is tosh. I may agree to that.

Last edited:

Jacob Miller
Peter Tosh
Gregory Isaacs
Garnett Silk
Errol Dunkley
Desmond Dekker
Desmond Ballentine
Toots Hibbert
Ripton Hylton
Freddie McGregor
Dennis Brown

72-0.
That's a great line up and on the bench - Junior Murvin, Linton Kwesi Johnson, The Heptones (all of them), Augustus Pablo and Lee Perry

My mate Kwame to start in defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572