Taggart for Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Taggert for Manager

Burrows arse should have been booted right out the door when Megson went.

Why?

If he'd been sacked we'd have had to pay compensation. Better to wait to see if Bolton want him, to get some compensation for him.

I was surprised by what he had to say after the match yesterday, not as negative in his thinking as Megson. If we do get a young manager he could be the sort of old head that's needed alongside him.

Why?

If he'd been sacked we'd have had to pay compensation. Better to wait to see if Bolton want him, to get some compensation for him.

I was surprised by what he had to say after the match yesterday, not as negative in his thinking as Megson. If we do get a young manager he could be the sort of old head that's needed alongside him.

I totally disagree.He's virtually saying,Bolton don't want me so I might as well go for this job.He was part of the negative,boring football You and others on here hated,he endorsed it and now you are saying give him a job:icon_roll

I totally disagree.He's virtually saying,Bolton don't want me so I might as well go for this job.He was part of the negative,boring football You and others on here hated,he endorsed it and now you are saying give him a job:icon_roll

He was doing what his boss, Megson told him to do. There did seem to be a change of attitude from the players yesterday, so maybe Megson's style is not his natural way of playing.

And whatever the merits of him as a manager, it doesn't make any sense to sack him and pay him off, when we could wait for an approach from Bolton, and get some compenstation. If they don't want him we may end up paying him off anyway, but it's pointless doing it immediately when we don't have a manager.

He was doing what his boss, Megson told him to do. There did seem to be a change of attitude from the players yesterday, so maybe Megson's style is not his natural way of playing.

And whatever the merits of him as a manager, it doesn't make any sense to sack him and pay him off, when we could wait for an approach from Bolton, and get some compenstation. If they don't want him we may end up paying him off anyway, but it's pointless doing it immediately when we don't have a manager.

There was a change of attitude because we went a goal up.It would hardly cost us a fortune to get rid,he can't be worth that much ffs,its buttons and IMO he should have gone.Win a few more and You along with others will be championing him for manager,have we learnt nothing from the Kelly debacle.New broom,New Manager,New staff.No room for sentiment.We will get nowhere with either Burrows or Taggert in charge,its the cheapo option

Last edited:

There was a change of attitude because we went a goal up.It would hardly cost us a fortune to get rid,he can't be worth that much ffs,its buttons and IMO he should have gone.Win a few more and You along with others will be championing him for manager,have we learnt nothing from the Kelly debacle.No broom,New Manager,New staff.No room for sentiment

I'm not saying I want him as manager, just that it would have been stupid to sack him immediately.

Burrows was also a coach at West Ham under Redknapp, so he's obviously used to working for managers with different styles, so he may be a useful person to have around.

The change of attitude wasn't because we went a goal up - we went a goal up against QPR and then shut up shop, but even in the second half yesterday the players showed a lot more attacking intent than they did in the last few matches. And Burrows after the match said he was disappointed with the way the players sat back on the lead in the second half, so his idea of the way the game should be played is obviously not the same as Megson's. Also Burrows picked a more attacking side yesterday, having Hume and Newton in midfield instead of Clemence and Chambers.

I'm not saying I want him as manager, just that it would have been stupid to sack him immediately.

Burrows was also a coach at West Ham under Redknapp, so he's obviously used to working for managers with different styles, so he may be a useful person to have around.

The change of attitude wasn't because we went a goal up - we went a goal up against QPR and then shut up shop, but even in the second half yesterday the players showed a lot more attacking intent than they did in the last few matches. And Burrows after the match said he was disappointed with the way the players sat back on the lead in the second half, so his idea of the way the game should be played is obviously not the same as Megson's. Also Burrows picked a more attacking side yesterday, having Hume and Newton in midfield instead of Clemence and Chambers.

He wears a flat cap ffs.Soon as A Manager comes in he will be out on his arse IMO and quite rightly so.You are just gullible...

Last edited:

Has Burrows not managed a team before? I thought he was at Swansea as manager for a long time.....:102:

Why all the hatred of Burrows he seems like a decent guy doing a decent job. I dont want him to get the job but i dont see why some people on here think he is just sticking around because Bolton dont want him, he said right after ginger prick left he would stay here untill MM told him otherwise.

If we do for some bizzare reason give walsh or taggart the job he could be a very usefull person to have around

The players must be laughing there balls off at their good fortune,once again.
all this talk of managers coming and going has let them off the hook for another week:icon_conf

Why all the hatred of Burrows he seems like a decent guy doing a decent job. I dont want him to get the job but i dont see why some people on here think he is just sticking around because Bolton dont want him, he said right after ginger prick left he would stay here untill MM told him otherwise.
If we do for some bizzare reason give walsh or taggart the job he could be a very usefull person to have around

Because the ginger prick had no doubt sounded him out that there wasn't a job for him at Bolton.I don't hate him though:icon_conf

What's a death nail?

I bet Sunderland fans are gutted that they got Keane instead of someone experienced like Megson.

Taggart could be a great manager, he could be a crap manager.

While I'd prefer someone with a good track record, if no one good wants to come here I'd rather take a gamble with someone like Taggart, than end up with someone I know is going to be crap, like Reid.

100% agree :038::038: well said

Because the ginger prick had no doubt sounded him out that there wasn't a job for him at Bolton.I don't hate him though:icon_conf

... or if Burrows waits till the new manager + assistannt come in and he gets sacked, he gets compo and can then join Megson!

What's a death nail?

I bet Sunderland fans are gutted that they got Keane instead of someone experienced like Megson.

Taggart could be a great manager, he could be a crap manager.

While I'd prefer someone with a good track record, if no one good wants to come here I'd rather take a gamble with someone like Taggart, than end up with someone I know is going to be crap, like Reid.

:038:

Gerry Taggart will NOT be the next manager of this club. I can assure you of that. End of.

Gerry Taggart will NOT be the next manager of this club. I can assure you of that. End of.

I'm sure you are right.

Nonetheless, it would probably still be better to go with his enthusiasm and knowledge of the club than the deadbeats and proven failures that we are likely to have inflicted on us if the last recruitment round is anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669