Taggart for Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonfox

Can we please stop all this absoultely ridiculous talk of Gerry Taggert being the next manager of Leicester City. After the game I usually switch off Radio Leicester straight away but for whatever reason I decided to listen to the after match discussion today. After sitting through the second caller that said they wanted Gerry and Stevie Walsh as the new managemewnt team I had had enough. Can someone please tell me exactly why Gerry Taggert would make a good and sensible choice as the next manager of Leicester City. The same goes for Steve Walsh. Steve Walsh was a legend of a player for us but has exactly zero coaching or management experience. Before anyone say's it, I know he took charge of the team in a caretaker role before but still he has never managed. Gerry Taggert was a very good player for us in a very successful time in Leicester City's history, but again I ask, where is his coaching or managemet experience? Being able to motivate players is one thing but I would question whether Taggert has even been able to do that in his time here as coach. We would all like to say that Megson is responsible for Scunthorpe and Sheffield United while Taggert is responsible for today and Sheffield Wednesday but that is simply not true. I know you must judge someone over a longer period but we didn't with Megson, did we? People need to take off the Leicester City specs and realise that an unproven manager with no experience whatsoever would in all probability be the death nail for our club right now. Let's be honest, if we were seriously considering any other person who had no experience of coaching or management we would all be up in arms. As much as some of the names linked with the post scare the sh!t out of me, I would have any of them over Taggert or Walsh. The only ex City player who deserves any consideration is Simon Grayson because guess what, he has been there and done it and is doing a damn site better job of managing in the Championship this season than any of the twats we've had so far. I would love for someone, anyone, to give me just one sensible reason why Taggert or Walsh would be a better choice than Souness, Jewell, Grayson, Newell etc. but I know they will not because their isn't one.

Last edited:
Re: Taggert for Manager

Woah, when did the paragraph monster come and eat all of your spacing?!

Thank f*ck I managed to read the first few words before it turned into a fog of words.

Did they teach punctuation at your school? No?

Oh fcuk off you two... :)

It was a stream of consciousness.

I couldn't read it either. No offence london but it looks like a word search puzzle.

Can we please stop all this absoultely ridiculous talk of Gerry Taggert being the next manager of Leicester City. After the game I usually switch off Radio Leicester straight away but for whatever reason I decided to listen to the after match discussion today. After sitting through the second caller that said they wanted Gerry and Stevie Walsh as the new managemewnt team I had had enough.

Can someone please tell me exactly why Gerry Taggert would make a good and sensible choice as the next manager of Leicester City. The same goes for Steve Walsh. Steve Walsh was a legend of a player for us but has exactly zero coaching or management experience. Before anyone say's it, I know he took charge of the team in a caretaker role before but still he has never managed. Gerry Taggert was a very good player for us in a very successful time in Leicester City's history, but again I ask, where is his coaching or managemet experience?

Being able to motivate players is one thing but I would question whether Taggert has even been able to do that in his time here as coach. We would all like to say that Megson is responsible for Scunthorpe and Sheffield United while Taggert is responsible for today and Sheffield Wednesday but that is simply not true. I know you must judge someone over a longer period but we didn't with Megson, did we?

People need to take off the Leicester City specs and realise that an unproven manager with no experience whatsoever would in all probability be the death nail for our club right now. Let's be honest, if we were seriously considering any other person who had no experience of coaching or management we would all be up in arms.

As much as some of the names linked with the post scare the sh!t out of me, I would have any of them over Taggert or Walsh. The only ex City player who deserves any consideration is Simon Grayson because guess what, he has been there and done it and is doing a damn site better job of managing in the Championship this season than any of the twats we've had so far.

I would love for someone, anyone, to give me just one sensible reason why Taggert or Walsh would be a better choice than Souness, Jewell, Grayson, Newell etc. but I know they will not because their isn't one.

I read the whole first post, agree with most of it also.
Now my eyes are hurting...

Now now Macky... This isn't a forum for your fantasies.

Wrong. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't.

I'll be honest, I'm too pissed to read your monologue regardless of how you've rendered it, but just to throw my twopenneth in I think anybody that thinks Taggs or Walshie for manager is mentally ill.

Simple as that really.

The only ex City player who deserves any consideration is Simon Grayson because guess what, he has been there and done it and is doing a damn site better job of managing in the Championship this season than any of the twats we've had so far.

Well done Blackpool for having the bollocks to install an unknown (un experienced) manager.

Maybe if you were a fan of Blackpool you would have written a similar post to the one above at the thought of Simon Grayson being appointed manager with no previous experience.

Your Grayson comment pretty much goes against everything you are saying about hiring a man new to the manager world.

Last edited:

Well done Blackpool for having the bollocks to install an unknown (un experienced) manager.

Maybe if you were a fan of Blackpool you would have written a similar post to the one above at the thought of Simon Grayson being appointed manager with no previous experience.

Your Grayson comment pretty much goes against everything you are saying about hiring a man new to the manager world.

No it does not. Grayson was given the job because he was very successful for Blackpool as their caretaker manager. He wasn't just put in their without at least proving in the short term he could do a good job.

No it does not. Grayson was given the job because he was very successful for Blackpool as their caretaker manager. He wasn't just put in their without at least proving in the short term he could do a good job.

Thats hardly classed as real proved long term experience.

Scunthorpe is another, their bloody physio is now manager. He had 0 experience and look what their gamble did for them.

Maybe it's time our own club showed some bollocks and hired someone like taggs instead of these useless past it wankers who's names come up every season and who always manage to achieve **** all.

Thats hardly classed as real proved long term experience.

Scunthorpe is another, their bloody physio is now manager. He had 0 experience and look what their gamble did for them.

Maybe it's time our own club showed some bollocks and hired someone like taggs instead of these useless past it wankers who's names come up every season and who always manage to achieve **** all.

I do understand where you're coming from lako but I don't see past legends as being the answer to our problems.

I do understand where you're coming from lako but I don't see past legends as being the answer to our problems.

Trust me Macky im not one of those who want Taggs because he is a past player, im simply fed up with this club giving talentless failed wankers another pay day simply because of their name.

The type of useless ****ers we get are just the dregs of the circuit.

Enough of this manager talk for one day, im going to spend my extra hour watching father ted, the episode where they go on holiday. Love it.

Enough of this manager talk for one day, im going to spend my extra hour watching father ted, the episode where they go on holiday. Love it.

Quality.
Watchin Alan Partridge meself.

Lets just hope MM has his sane cap on.

Which I believe he does have most days

Wrong. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't.

I'll be honest, I'm too pissed to read your monologue regardless of how you've rendered it, but just to throw my twopenneth in I think anybody that thinks Taggs or Walshie for manager is mentally ill.

Simple as that really.

My previous post was a reply to the above didn't realise there were more posts on this thread. Must mean I am clearly insane.

Come on Taggs and Walshy!!!!

Or drunk :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572