Talking Balls 5-A-Side F.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a phone call from Goals following on from my enquiry. Told her someone else is sorting/sorted it. I think she said the new leagues start in 2 weeks.

Had a phone call from Goals following on from my enquiry. Told her someone else is sorting/sorted it. I think she said the new leagues start in 2 weeks.

We're in CF.

The team name is Talking Balls FC and we start next week in the league.

The branch manager wants us to have a friendly Thursday evening, time tba for decide what division we should go in. He going to ring my mobile in the evening for answer, so I need people to say yes, I can do it and Confirm the match. I think it will be useful for getting to known everyone, learning the rules, getting any teething probelms out the way. This practice match is just £20, so provided we have 8 turn up, it's £2.50 each.

I propose that everyone wear a blue top. We need someone to volunteer in goal and we need goal gloves. You must wear shinpads. You wear either trainers or moulded astros with over 14 moulded studs. I am gonna have to wear white plimies first week - I'll be the Alan Ball of TBFC.

Car parking is a nightmare at Goals, as I found out when some badmans bled gangster nearly went into the back of my car last night. So as less car's as possible the better. I used a route last night, which meant I went through most areas South of the city, so I am happy to pick up people along this route.

That involves Brauny, Aylestone, Pork Pie Roundabout, Knighton, Oadby Racecourse, London Rd and then either Evington Rd from there or Stoughton Rd. If anyone wants picking up on this route, I'll have 4 spots in my small Corsa.

Provided everyone does everything on time and correct, Goals is a top set-up and despite probably calling everyone a cnut in the car park, we should enjoy ourselves during the match (probably laughing at each other's misfortune).

Once you say yes, I'll give you my mob number and work e-mail.

Last edited:
Well I've got a poorly toe that I hope will be better for the season, but I'll put my brave head on and play through the discomfort :icon_wink

I'll be there despite it all.

I'll be there! Let me know what time asap. If early enough I will be coming from Oadby, if not Beaumont Leighs if anyone wants picking up on the way.

If you're really desperate, i can play if it is a 7.45 or 9.00 game. I'm already playing at 8.30

I am not sure that's allowed. :icon_roll

Nath, where does you're team park? I went last night and it was chocca-bloc. That was a Tuesday with 4 divisions, not Thursday with 7 divisions.

Doesn't matter how many divisions, there are the same amount of teams there at any one time. If you get there at the right time between games and you're lucky, you get a space. Otherwise, it's on the grassy area across the road.

Doesn't matter how many divisions, there are the same amount of teams there at any one time. If you get there at the right time between games and you're lucky, you get a space. Otherwise, it's on the grassy area across the road.

Fair point, I am going on the grassy area across the road on Thursday. Feck the car park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669