Talking Balls vs FoxesTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
At it's busiest FT gets at least 3 times more visiters than Talking Balls does during the same time, so it is going to crash under that kind of pressure

aaah i see

FT acts as a big twat buffer for TB

:biggrin:

What telling statement exactly? :102:

Are you retarded or something, I quoted the post I was referring to, could it be made any clearer? :confused:

The statement about me caring the most about this thread.

Could you please explain, how you came to that conclusion? :102:

At it's busiest FT gets at least 3 times more visiters than Talking Balls does during the same time, so it is going to crash under that kind of pressure. Unfortunately unlike TB, FT doesn't have the funds available to pay for a top of the range server, but even then we don't place ads all over the place in order to make more money from the site itself.

Each forum suits its users, I'm sure - and there really is little point in continuing this debate any further

The one thing I know for sure, however, is that this place improved a billion per cent when this **** ****ed off for good :038:

The one thing I know for sure, however, is that this place improved a billion per cent when this **** ****ed off for good :038:

and I'll bet he's never really rescued anybodys pets either.

Very unfair on Mark, he has done a good job by and large. ;)

I find it quite amusing that you can make a telling statement with little or no reason whatsoever.

Just remind me, how exactly do you come to that conclusion? :102:

Are you retarded or something, I quoted the post I was referring to, could it be made any clearer? :confused:

The statement about me caring the most about this thread.

Could you please explain, how you came to that conclusion? :102:

Yes you could be clearer. In what sense was my comment a telling statement?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/telling

I find it quite amusing that you seem to care about the contents of this thread more than anyone else.

The word in bold makes it a personal assesment, other wise known as, an opinion, not a statement, and certainly not a telling one.

hence my confusion.

The reason for my opinion.....

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=563288&postcount=60

You attack the subject of the thread, rather than add to it. for someone to say it bores them and they are fed up of the subject, you still spend your time critisising everyone who expresses an opinion, rather than just ignor it.

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=563304&postcount=62

If you cant accept other people talking about whatever they choose to, and accept their opinions on the subject why visit a 'forum'? or at least why read and partisipate in threads you claim to be pointless?

You not only read and partisipate, which shows you have an interest (care) you seem determined to make a point, which suggests you care a lot.

People who log in don't see the ads on here.

One of the reasons I put ads on for unregistered people was to encourage people to sign up and take part. People who never register and just read stuff other people have posted aren't putting anything into the site, why should they get it for 'free'?

As well as the hosting costs the forum software needs to be renewed every year, so the ads are really only covering my costs.

I could ask for donations instead, but if I did that the people who make the site what it is - the posters - would be paying, when I'd rather make money from people who don't post on the site.
Come on Webbo, you should know by now that everything on the internet MUST be free and anyone providing online services MUST live in a cardboard box.

Otherwise, how would the poor internet user be able to hook their brand new hi-def widescreen laptop to their brand new T3 broadband? It's the right and proper way....

*looks for smilie banging head against wall repeatedly*

bang.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673