Talkingballs FC vs Foxes Talk FC - 24th May - 2.30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get your bro in Nathan. Jon has a brother who plays if needed, what about Jacob Harry, is he already on the list? George?
I will ask him today.
I have a coach who's offered to play & my brother would probably play if asked (but would only manage a half I reckon) And I can but ask Steve & Muzzy, but I doubt it! Especially as Steve gets married the following week and he's got last minute stuff to sort, like flowers! I think he's forgot to book the flowers! oh dear oh dear!
Please ask your coach.
I played against him on Saturday, I was wearing no.6 and he gave me an approving nod. That's enough in my book.
In the spirit of charity - how much are you willing to pay for it?

.......In the spirit of charity - how much are you willing to pay for it?

Im liking the idea lets auction the number 6 shirt! Any advance on a tenner?:102:

Gentleman

The club have told us we can use the Walkers Stadium.

2 draw backs.

A) It's got to be played on Friday or Saturday

B) It's gonna cost us £500 smackers (which is very cheap for what it is)

Obviously this will make things expensive with having to give money to Charity and pay for the pitch.

On the other hand, it's the Walkers Stadium.

Thoughts please.

Having just played there, I am bound to say no. But personally unless it was free, I think it's a bit unfair on St Andrews considering the amount of work Chambo's put into it again.

We've got a lot who can only make it Sunday anyway. So it's probably best for the Sunday.

£500 between 30-odd people would be a bit expensive and would leave nothing for charity. £250 a team would mean that TB players would need to fork out about £20 each.

I think it may be too late to change any arrangements that have already been made. Also, it could ruin any relationship we are building up with St Andrews.

If the idea was raised a few weeks ago then i think it would have been the definite first choice.

I would personally love to switch it but on the whole it isn't sensible to do so.

I wonder what Chambo thinks?

Yeah, I think it's best to keep it at St.Andrews for this time. We could always try for the Walkers next year.

Yeah, I think it's best to keep it at St.Andrews for this time. We could always try for the Walkers next year.

Next year would be ideal. We could maybe even find a pub nearby to sponsor the event and pay for the (some of) pitch. With a little more time to organise it would be perfect.

Has chambo been on the phone to Muzzy yet?

Shush!!!! Dont tell FT about our ringer. They might not notice if he just turns up!!

£500 between 30-odd people would be a bit expensive and would leave nothing for charity. £250 a team would mean that TB players would need to fork out about £20 each.

I think it may be too late to change any arrangements that have already been made. Also, it could ruin any relationship we are building up with St Andrews.

If the idea was raised a few weeks ago then i think it would have been the definite first choice.

I would personally love to switch it but on the whole it isn't sensible to do so.

I wonder what Chambo thinks?

I would love to play at the Walkers, and if it was possible I would say do it, we could always go back to the Andrews for the beer and grub afterwards! After all, they're interested in getting money over the bar, the use of the pitch is niether here nor there to them.

Plus I know that normally to rent the Walkers for one off matches is a minimum of £5000 so £500 is a bargain. Especially as some will never get to play on such a surface!

BUT... It will mean a bigger outlay from players, who will also be much less willing to come of as a sub, but will be absolutely knackered because of the size of it!

And just see all those that have said no or not responded at all, come flooding in with sudden "oh can't believe my luck, but a change of plans / fortune means I can play, would you believe it!" Well, quite frankly, no I wouldn't believe it!

Hazz, did you play in the staff game then? If so how did it go because leicester were 2-1 down I think from the first game!

Last edited:
Has chambo been on the phone to Muzzy yet?

I spoke to him on Wednesday and planted the seed in his mind. I told him about the game and said I would probably be calling him to help us out! He laughed in that "get ****ed" kind of way, BUT, he didn't say no! so I'll ask him outright on Friday, do you want me to see if I can get any of their 5-a-side lot to play? some quality players even the old pro's are still quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669