TBers Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last two. Sorry it's all birds - I'll get back on snakes again soon.

normal_Western-Bluebird-Guajolote-Flats-121408-05-ED.jpg

Western Bluebird above, an outlandish male Vermilion Flycatcher below.

normal_Vermilion-Flycatcher-Slaughter-Ranch-021109-05-ED.jpg

I've just invested in another 8GB memory card, because I'm off to Ecuador on Sunday to spend two and a half weeks hacking through cloud forest in the Andes.... :icon_bigg

I've just invested in another 8GB memory card, because I'm off to Ecuador on Sunday to spend two and a half weeks hacking through cloud forest in the Andes.... :icon_bigg
**** :icon_lol:

Love the Osprey one, Des.

I bought a 55-250 Canon IS lens last week for 38,000 Yen. A touch expensive given the current exchange rate, but I get paid in Yen so don't care too much. I know it's one of the cheaper lenses, but it has made a big difference from my kit lens 18-55 IS.

One objective was to photograph the eagles above the Shinano river, in your style above. ****ers disappeared the next day :icon_lol:

Still a very nice lens, Melts. The stock 18-55 is rubbish but I still use it all the time as I blew all my money on the big lens! But I'm hoping to get a nice macro lens soon...

**** :icon_lol:

Yep! :) :icon_lol:

I've got a Tamron 1.4x converter and I used to have an old Sigma mirror lens back in the day. I know a few people who use Sigma lenses now with their Canon cameras and they love them, so yes, I think they are very good alternatives. If I can afford it I'll try and stick with Canon, just because, but I may be tempted by a higher spec Sigma. Especially if I ever decide to go for more than 400mm - the Canons are waaaaay too expensive up there.

I've got a Tamron 1.4x converter and I used to have an old Sigma mirror lens back in the day. I know a few people who use Sigma lenses now with their Canon cameras and they love them, so yes, I think they are very good alternatives. If I can afford it I'll try and stick with Canon, just because, but I may be tempted by a higher spec Sigma. Especially if I ever decide to go for more than 400mm - the Canons are waaaaay too expensive up there.
Kind of my thinking too. But Canon also appear very expensive in Macro lenses too.

However, I have been looking at the EF 50mm f2.5 Macro lens and can pick it up for £228.

I might be tempted into this instead of next years ST.

Tough one... something you know you can look forward to each week, have fun and get a huge sense of satisfaction from... our going down the City.

Tough one...

Tough one... something you know you can look forward to each week, have fun and get a huge sense of satisfaction from... our going down the City.

Tough one...
TBH, I'm spending that much time in Japan, my ST is likely to go out of the window anyway.

I have my kit lens, tele zoom lens and I feel I need a macro lens ASAP. Once I have these three I am pretty much covered for my level of the hobby. Next year I can begin upgrading.

One good thing about Canon is that some - not all, but some - old lenses will fit the EOS digital cameras. So you can pick up old second hand lenses that are fine and will work with a brand new digital camera. Which is nice.

(I haven't got a clue which, though)

One good thing about Canon is that some - not all, but some - old lenses will fit the EOS digital cameras. So you can pick up old second hand lenses that are fine and will work with a brand new digital camera. Which is nice.

(I haven't got a clue which, though)
Cool, I'll keep a look out in the mags. :038:

3297406036_2594c77402.jpg

3275551601_76416b3d7b.jpg

3292941852_f0a3386b3f.jpg

I want a good macro lens and a decent wide angle, then I'm saving up for a new camera body so I can keep the big lens on the new one (50D or more likely in a couple of years so a 70D or whatever they've got to by then) and rotate the smaller lenses between the 30D.

I also want a bike and a Playstation and a big chocolate cake and a million pounds and a pet tiger and a....

I want a good macro lens and a decent wide angle, then I'm saving up for a new camera body so I can keep the big lens on the new one (50D or more likely in a couple of years so a 70D or whatever they've got to by then) and rotate the smaller lenses between the 30D.

I also want a bike and a Playstation and a big chocolate cake and a million pounds and a pet tiger and a....
I've read that, that most serious photographers use lots of bodies to prevent having to change the lenses. Means a bigger bag, and they aint bloody cheap either!!!!!!

The whole thing is designed to suck money out of your every pore. It's all very slick!

The main reason I'd like two camera bodies is because one big problem I have out here is the combination of changing lenses outdoors, which I naughtily do all the time, the 100-400mm lens (aka: the Chest Expander) sucking air in, and an incredibly dry, dusty atmosphere. I have to clean the sensor by hand (the 40D onwards does this automatically) every couple of months to remove "dust bunnies". It's actually not as scary as it sounds, but ****ing with the sensor is not recommended and in fact invalidates the warranty I believe.

The whole thing is designed to suck money out of your every pore. It's all very slick!

The main reason I'd like two camera bodies is because one big problem I have out here is the combination of changing lenses outdoors, which I naughtily do all the time, the 100-400mm lens (aka: the Chest Expander) sucking air in, and an incredibly dry, dusty atmosphere. I have to clean the sensor by hand (the 40D onwards does this automatically) every couple of months to remove "dust bunnies". It's actually not as scary as it sounds, but ****ing with the sensor is not recommended and in fact invalidates the warranty I believe.
I have an auto dust cleaner on mine that operates every time you shut it down (not sure if it's the same thing), it's not yet something that I am comfortable doing so I'm fairly happy about that.

I can see where you live being a serious problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711