TBers Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is a Canon EOS 30D (digital SLR) with a Canon 100-400 L IS zoom. Looks a bit like this:

30d.jpg

Some serious kit there !
The other half has not long bought a nikon d90 only got the standard kit lens with it though - we are still getting used to it (first time DSLR ) so i will post some pics up soon , when i've had a bit more practice :icon_bigg

Last edited:
:icon_bigg

Attachments

• DSCF1060.jpg
    DSCF1060.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 144
Nice stuff Monkeyboy.

Here's some more of my local wildlife...

normal_Acorn-Woodpecker-Madera-Canyon-050809-04-ED.jpg
Acorn Woodpecker

normal_Lincoln_s-Sparrow-Madera-Canyon-050809-02-ED.jpg
Lincoln's Sparrow

normal_Curve-billed-Thrasher-Sweetwater-050809-02-ED.jpg
Curve-billed Thrasher

Like the light effects with the cars on the first one. how did you do that?

As Beighton said, use a slow shutter speed. I only have a Fuji Finepix S8000, which is more or less the next step down from a DSLR. That doesn't have an option to change the time that the shutter stays open, but it has a "Fireworks" setting, which keeps the shutter open for a few seconds. I've been wanting to get a photo like that for a while, and found this was the best location, if any.

I didn't use a tripod for this shot. (I left it in the hotel room, as I wasn't really expecting to use it that night). There were some rocks behind my fiancée, so I used them instead.

SwedeFox said:
Great pictures LCFCmonkey, how was Rome by the way?

Rome was fantastic. It was a shame that we only went for 3 days as, although we saw most of the main sights (Colosseum, Vatican, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain), we had to miss some stuff out (Pantheon, Castel San' Angelo, Piazza Navona).

I would definately recommend it to anyone. Be prepared to do a little bit of walking though.

i only have a standard digital camera, nothing fancy so i doubt i'll be taking any fancy dan shots anytime soon

According the HF fancy shots are when you just stick it down your trousers for a macro shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711
9Tottenham 710