coyote.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 145
  • deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 145
  • pygmy.jpg
    pygmy.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 146
I missed the best one, there was a Bobcat with two kittens that were playing with a packrat, i'd left the camera in the house. Once in a lifetime experience seeing something like that.

fantastic piccies desert, superb.

My fiancée managed to get some shots of this fellow outside her bedroom window yesterday.

We think there is a family living nearby, she lives very close to a place called Agua Caliente park that is a natural oasis, it gets a lot of wildlife :)

Attachments

• bobcat2.jpg
    bobcat2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 116
My fiancée managed to get some shots of this fellow outside her bedroom window yesterday.

We think there is a family living nearby, she lives very close to a place called Agua Caliente park that is a natural oasis, it gets a lot of wildlife :)

Undoubtedly great photos but what's the good of having a fiancee who lives in Tucson? :icon_sad: It was bad enough having a boyfriend in England when I was living in Germany.

Wow!!! :038: :038: :038:

I saw a bobcat last week while on my travels, in Dragoon, just off I-10 at Texas Canyon (you all know it, I'm sure). Didn't have my camera sadly - I've never managed to get a photo of a bobcat, so these are truly great.

I was at Agua Caliente Park last week as well. I've got friends who live out that way (very nice part of town, lush desert gardens) and they see bobcats quite often with the ocasional mountain lion even.

The only Wildcats in my part of town are from the U of A...

Arizona-Stadium4.jpg

You dirty little beggar.
Finding it... that's the first problem... :icon_lol:

Fairly tricky to catch enough of them to make a decent meal as well
But packed with protien and surprisingly tasty, so worth the effort Mackster.:117:

Look back over the thread, he has done a few.

Edit: http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=841345&postcount=834 for starters
http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=746516&postcount=371

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=746518&postcount=372

And my favourite...
http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=746519&postcount=373

Oh, and being super-pedantic, Drew, it's not a pygmy-owl, it's a Western Screech-Owl. The last Ferruginous Pygmy-Owls in Tucson got a house built on them about five years ago, and now there are only about three "secret" places left to find them in Arizona, and after seven years I've still not got past the layers of secrecy to find out where they are. There are still Northern Pygmy-Owls high in the mountains, and two splendid little screech-owls, Drew's one, Western, and Whiskered Screech-Owl which also is only found in the mountains. There's an even smaller owl that comes here in summer, Elf Owl, a tiny little thing, and the Burrowing Owl that I posted photos of a little while back. And Flamulated Owl, and Northern Saw-whet Owl... and that's just the small owls, there are big owls as well. Eight species of small owl... I love this place! :icon_bigg

:tumbleweed:

Dimwit question:

If I've taken pics on a Cannon 500D at 15mp. How can I load them on to this site? Says the memory is too big.

Nothing as fancy as Mr Drew but a few goodens.

When you enter Agua Caliente there is a row of palm tress that line the stream. If you look up at dusk you can sometimes see the owls and babies hanging out and talking to each other.

There are also some huge guys flying around there as well, they come and hang out in the back garden as well, must be at least a foot tall, it's cool hearing them hoot away to each other at night.

My missus lives on Smokey Topaz, second right after Soldier.

Dimwit question:

If I've taken pics on a Cannon 500D at 15mp. How can I load them on to this site? Says the memory is too big.

Nothing as fancy as Mr Drew but a few goodens.

Use something like PicSizer to get your image down to about 640 pixels wide before uploading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710