TBers Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue-throated Hummingbird. North America's largest hummer (sparrow-sized) and only seen in the mountains south of Tucson.

Broad-billed Hummingbird. My personal favourite, and another that doesn't even get as far north as Phoenix.

Broad-tailed Hummingbird. Only found above 4000 feet.

*Snigger*

Good work as always. What are you shooting with now? I am desperately trying to save for either a 550D or a 50D, not sure whether I'd use the HD video or not.

Thanks everyone :)

What are you shooting with now? I am desperately trying to save for either a 550D or a 50D, not sure whether I'd use the HD video or not.
I'm still on the "old" 30D with Canon 100-400 L IS lens. Current financial situation means it might stay that way for a while.

Total shit DF
:038: Loving your work, Lako!

Have you sent any of your work into the photomags DF?
I had some photos published in birding magazines in Britain just before I came over here, but the magazines here didn't want to know. My photos are way better now, so maybe I should approach them again.

I allow a couple of local charities to use them so they appear on various printed things around Tucson. I've got 15 bird photos in a new photographic guide to the birds of SE Arizona, which is coming out next month, and a couple of photos in a book about the Nightjars of the world (a family of nocturnal birds which includes the delightfully entitled Goatsuckers) which is out this month, both of which I'm really chuffed about.

The downside: I'm getting paid for both these with a signed copy of the book and a pat on the back, which is about standard for wildlife publications.

My goal has always been to try to pay for my camera gear by selling a few prints, cards and stock images, and so far I'm about three quarters of the way there. I'm almost done revamping my website in the hope I can make more of an impact, but the competition is huge. In reality I'm just a keen amateur, whereas others are technically miles ahead of me, so I'll always be playing at it rather than concentrating on it I think.

Doesn't hurt to earn a few quid from it though.

Found out today that my image below has been requested to be used in a guide to the Manchester area, it doesn't pay but I'm still rather chuffed.

Last edited:
Found out today that my image below has been requested to be used in a guide to the Manchester area, it doesn't pay but I'm still rather chuffed.

They trying to advertise the Manchester nightlife?

Found this in LFE whilst running the line during a pre-season friendly. Lolroflz!

photo1.jpg

Alex, Alex ALEX .... It's Joey, he's back, he's alive and well and living in LFE.

Just bought a cheapo Canon for my trip to North Wales and very happy with results......(no touching yourself Boc)

TBTrain.jpg

TBWaterfall.jpg

Attachments

• TBFish.jpg
    TBFish.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 141
  • TBcornflower.jpg
    TBcornflower.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 141
  • TBUnknown.jpg
    TBUnknown.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 141
Particularly pleased with the flower pics from Dyffryn Gardens.....

TBFlame.jpg

and my personal favourite......

TBCricket.jpg

I likes!!

Which cheapo Canon is that then?
Powershot A480. My Pentax Optio finally gave up on me after years of loyal service, and Argos were selling these 10 meg budget jobs off for 60 bucks.

It's a bit bulkier than the Pentax, but I've got big hands, and it has face recog, a bigger display and the batteries seem to last a lot longer in it too. Chuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal715
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham711
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710