Telegraph Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willlow

Why???? I dont see how it could be his fault, each manager thats come in he's given them money as promised. He could do nothing about Megson as he just took a better offer. Allen was a jerk who didnt have a clue what he was doing. And Holloway was who the fans wanted.

:icon_roll

He signed his own players on the say so of an agent

He gave Allen the job when he wasnt experienced enough.

He signed Megson who was unpopular with the fans and therefore always likely to jump ship.

He finally managed to get a manager who left a team higher in the league to join us, and gives him 17 games before wanting the next manager in.

If we sack Holloway, how many games will the next man get? We have 14 games left, if we win 1 in 7 will he be sacked? If we lose the first 4 games in a row will he be sacked?

There has to come a point where Mandaric actually makes the correct decision and says this is the man I am supporting and whatever happens I will stick with him, but then I suppose he would actually have to act like a chairman and not a quick fix man bodge man that he is!

Last edited:

Backdoor Ad

:icon_roll

He signed his own players on the say so of an agent

He gave Allen the job when he wasnt experienced enough.

He signed Megson who was unpopular with the fans and therefore always likely to jump ship.

He finally managed to get a manager who left a team higher in the league to join us, and gives him 17 games before wanting the next manager in.

If we sack Holloway, how many games will the next man get? We have 14 games left, if we win 1 in 7 will he be sacked? If we lose the first 4 games in a row will he be sacked?

There has to come a point where Mandaric actually makes the correct decision and says this is the man I am supporting and whatever happens I will stick with him, but then I suppose he would actually have to act like a chairman and not a quick fix man bodge man that he is!

I wonder how much of his own money he's spent?? Probably quite a few million, therefore i would have though he only wants the best for the club. It is a business afterall and i dare say he would prefer to be making some money back on his investment sooner rather than later. Granted though he did make a mistake giving Allen the job. If it was my money and my business in the shite i wouldnt stick by a manager that could potentially get the club relegated.

Willlow

I wonder how much of his own money he's spent?? Probably quite a few million, therefore i would have though he only wants the best for the club. It is a business afterall and i dare say he would prefer to be making some money back on his investment sooner rather than later. Granted though he did make a mistake giving Allen the job. If it was my money and my business in the shite i wouldnt stick by a manager that could potentially get the club relegated.

You're right he should look after his money and stop having to pay compensation to players and managers that where never good enough when he gave them a job.

If Mandaric did come out and say Holloway is my man and even if we get relegated he will be here next season, it would give the team a bigger boost then sacking somebody and bring in another manager!

highland fox

Basically its Milan Manderic's club and he can do what the feck he likes.If he wants to sack Ian Holloway he will sack Ian Holloway and fart arse bits of compensation won't stop him,he's a multi miliionaire its a drop in the ocean

Last edited:

chalmski

our Lord and Saviour MON's first 20 games:
Won: 4
Drawn: 8
Lost: 8

Holloway so far:
Won: 4
Drawn: 5
Lost: 9

not too dissimilar......maybe we should have got shot of O'Neill after that time, i mean he wasn't a proven manager, ie never got a team promoted from the Championship, and maybe we were too big a club for his like??? FFS

:bang::bang::bang:

Willlow

Basically its Milan Manderic's club and he can do what the feck he likes.If he wants to sack Ian Holloway he will sack Ian Holloway and fart arse bits of compensation won't stop him,he's a multi miliionaire its a drop in the ocean

I wasnt suggesting he shouldnt fire Holloway because of the comp, I was merely pointing out that for the money he has spent on transfers he also spent a lot on correcting the mistakes he has already made on bad players/managers.

It is indeed his club and if we get relegated it will be down to HIM!

PFKAKTF FOX

If Mandaric does dump Holloway, is he going to start taking responsibility for these supposed poor appointments :102:

I am not saying that Holloway has done particuarly well but given the absolute crock of shite he has been given to turn around, it was always going to take a damn sight longer than the three or four months he has had so far.

So Milan take your fecking hand away from the trigger, put the gun down and give your support and backing to Ollie and start to give our club some much needed stability.

stockholm fox

History and current evidence unfortunately supports a change....Milan's increasing irracibility and diminishing patience are patently clear...he has, let's not forget, the potential prosecution hanging over him which must cloud his mood and potentially his judgement...

MM's misplaced comment about 'changing managers twenty times' still echoes....he wants success and acheivement of his 3-year plan cannot be compomised....relegation or even the impending threat of it is potentially more intolerable to him than it is to us...his enthusiasm and energy are admirable but he is no longer a young man, as he has commented on a number of occasions recentley and this could be his last big throw of the dice ....

I have been wholly supportive of Ollie and hope, as we all do, that he can turn his positive vibes and aspirations into tangible results but he seems a changed man since the Plymouth game....his confidence is evaporating at the same rate as Milan's patience and financial investment in a failing strategy....

I think, increasingly, that the Norwich game is a crossroads for our club but even if we win that game the next major stumble in our fortunes...and that could be easily be consecutive defeats as the quota of remaining games reduces could be the only catalyst that MM requires to bring in an available Dowie or Davies....

Momentum is a quirky mistress in football....positive momentum and results on the field bring over expectation and subsequent disappointment when the momentum is halted....negative momentum and results are even faster to impact....fuelled by media speculation, rumours and the impatience of our supporters, that ugly desire for instant gratification expected by many in today's game, I feel that momentum is building towards an inevitable conclusion....

I worry for Ollie but more than that I worry for the future of our Club....

Last edited:

alex

If we sack Ollie I may start losing the will.....Not that I am a big Ollie fan (although, actually I do like him as our manager) but I'm not sure I want to be part of a club that acts so desperately all the time.

highland fox

I wasnt suggesting he shouldnt fire Holloway because of the comp, I was merely pointing out that for the money he has spent on transfers he also spent a lot on correcting the mistakes he has already made on bad players/managers.

It is indeed his club and if we get relegated it will be down to HIM!

Like he said he will continue employing Managers until he gets one that gives the club success,thats him,thats the kind of person he is.We knew that when he took over the Club.
For the record I don't think Holloway should be sacked but I don't think Mandaric will think twice about it and the availability of Daviers and Dowie may make him give Holloway the heave-ho when if they weren't available he would have gave Holloway more time

PFKAKTF FOX

Like he said he will continue employing Managers until he gets one that gives the club success,thats him,thats the kind of person he is.We knew that when he took over the Club.
For the record I don't think Holloway should be sacked but I don't think Mandaric will think twice about it and the availability of Daviers and Dowie may make him give Holloway the heave-ho when if they weren't available he would have gave Holloway more time

Bang on H, my fear is that MM acts when he sees what other options are available rather than whether it is the right time to act.

highland fox

Bang on H, my fear is that MM acts when he sees what other options are available rather than whether it is the right time to act.

Its a bit of a coincidence isn't it ?:102: I'd imagine,rightly or wrongly, that Mandaric sees Davies and Dowie has two managers who have done it i.e got a team like ours promoted.
I guess this is what you get when one guy owns your Club,he can do what the feck he likes and is answerable to nobody

Last edited:

Willlow

If a new manager comes in after the Norwich game and doesnt win in his next 7 games should we get rid of him? we will be still in a dire situation if not worse and there will have been no sign of the new manager working. At what point do you support the manager and forgive the consequences?

PFKAKTF FOX

If a new manager comes in after the Norwich game and doesnt win in his next 7 games should we get rid of him? we will be still in a dire situation if not worse and there will have been no sign of the new manager working. At what point do you support the manager and forgive the consequences?

Truth is Will there aren't many if any of us who would openly support the removal of yet another manager after such a short stint in charge, but I think the realisation amongst the fans is one that now under Mandaric that means very little, he is the man in charge and he will continue to make the decisions regardless of what us supporters want.

homer

I just don't know what to do

Should I start cutting out a Billy Davies mask, or an Iain Dowie one ?

highland fox

Why are you having a pop at me !? I'm not saying I agree with it.I was just pointing out what i believe MM is like.He wants success and he isn't prepared to wait or be patient.He seems the team sliding towards Div 1 and his way of rectifying that is to fire the Manager and employ someone he thinks can stop the slide.
I'm not saying I agree with it,indeed I don't.IH deserves more time,he's shifted a lot of dead wood and deserves at least another 5 games,things aren't that desperate yer

highland fox

Truth is Will there aren't many if any of us who would openly support the removal of yet another manager after such a short stint in charge, but I think the realisation amongst the fans is one that now under Mandaric that means very little, he is the man in charge and he will continue to make the decisions regardless of what us supporters want.

Exactly,like I said its his club and he will run it his way.If you don't like it I'd suggest you vote with your feet because i would imagine thats the only thing that Mandaric would take any notice of

Last edited:

highland fox

I just don't know what to do

Should I start cutting out a Billy Davies mask, or an Iain Dowie one ?

Either just take that Peter Beardsley one off you have been wearing for the past 30 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669