Telegraph Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't know what to do

Should I start cutting out a Billy Davies mask, or an Iain Dowie one ?

Have both ready, the way things are going under Mandaric I can see the pair of them having a stint managing our club by the end of the season.

History and current evidence unfortunately supports a change....Milan's increasing irracibility and diminishing patience are patently clear...he has, let's not forget, the potential prosecution hanging over him which must cloud his mood and potentially his judgement...

MM's misplaced comment about 'changing managers twenty times' still echoes....he wants success and acheivement of his 3-year plan cannot be compomised....relegation or even the impending threat of it is potentially more intolerable to him than it is to us...his enthusiasm and energy are admirable but he is no longer a young man, as he has commented on a number of occasions recentley and this could be his last big throw of the dice ....

I have been wholly supportive of Ollie and hope, as we all do, that he can turn his positive vibes and aspirations into tangible results but he seems a changed man since the Plymouth game....his confidence is evaporating at the same rate as Milan's patience and financial investment in a failing strategy....

I think, increasingly, that the Norwich game is a crossroads for our club but even if we win that game the next major stumble in our fortunes...and that could be easily be consecutive defeats as the quota of remaining games reduces could be the only catalyst that MM requires to bring in an available Dowie or Davies....

Momentum is a quirky mistress in football....positive momentum and results on the field bring over expectation and subsequent disappointment when the momentum is halted....negative momentum and results are even faster to impact....fuelled by media speculation, rumours and the impatience of our supporters, that ugly desire for instant gratification expected by many in today's game, I feel that momentum is building towards an inevitable conclusion....

I worry for Ollie but more than that I worry for the future of our Club....

I think that's an extremely perceptive view by Stockholm Fox. Nobody seems to have picked up on his comments about Plymouth at the end of his interview with John Barber on Tuesday night. I'm sorry your club has been caught in the crossfire but it has been a war against Ollie. Few of your supporters have appreciated the depth of feeling against him by us. Rightly, you have been pissed off by some inarticulate and mongish visitors to your sites from Plymouth and I've cringed to read so much rubbish spouted. We knew, early on, how easy it was going to be to get under his skin and last Saturday MM saw Plymouth Argyle could produce a motivated performance without Ollie and he could not inspire a similar motivation in what WAS a big deal for the major protagonists (and I include him and MM in that group). That was enough to put the whole saga to bed for most of us, but for Ollie to hark back to it again on Tuesday was not a good move for him.

In my view Ollie lost proper focus quite early in looking over his shoulder all the time. His distractions have been picked up by your players, new and old, and I rather doubt their commitment to him now.

In my view he's now a dead man walking and SF's last comment is how I would be feeling if I was in your position. Crikey, you've got the potential in the players, you've got the fanbase, you've got the stadium, you've got the academy and you've got the financial support. The right manager, even now, should keep you up at a breeze, there would still be a long queue for the job given all those factors.

If a new manager comes in after the Norwich game and doesnt win in his next 7 games should we get rid of him? we will be still in a dire situation if not worse and there will have been no sign of the new manager working. At what point do you support the manager and forgive the consequences?

I am afraid there is no "we", its MM's club and he does what the feck he wants.

My fear is that IH is simply not up to the job as manager or leader of the football team.

I appreciate that we are desperate for some kind of stability, but if he is not up to it then he should go.

The only thing that could save him is if everyone who is capable shuns the job.

At what point do you support the manager and forgive the consequences?

Hopefully never!

This club is under-achieving. The manager is well paid and has to carry the can.

Results are what matters - we don't expect miracles but we expect improvement.

Since ollie took over - the results are worse; since he brought in new players - his players - nothing has improved.

He needs to raise his game and start winning a few matches and quick...although he might just be too late now. We shall see.

Well if there is any truth in this at all, and then this indeed happens, I will no longer follow City - I can't take anymore of this mindless rubbish unfolding in front of my own eyes.

I shall always look out for City's results, but I will no longer follow any of it, its just not funny anymore.

I am not able to do as you say you will do.

Not criticising you, just saying that for me that wouldn't be possible.

Out of interest, what is the record for most managers for one club in a season? We must be near it if MM does get rid again.

MM's desire for instant success is having the completely opposite effect. The reason the team has performed so poorly and not had any consistency is due to the amount of turmoil and changes that have been made, on and off the field. The buck stops with MM, he's running this club into the ground.

The potential fact that Holloway offered his resignation puts a different slant on things for me. I am worried.

One man's "potential fact" is another man's pathetic rumourmongering idle speculating bollox :icon_wink

If Mandy does get rid, then i wont be wasting my time no more......

Another one.

We'll have no fans left at this rate :icon_wink

As others have said, a couple of wins and its game on again.

Another one.

We'll have no fans left at this rate :icon_wink

As others have said, a couple of wins and its game on again.
not really, after that a couple of losses and a new bloke comes in. Its getting at this club to be a farce

I just don't know what to do

Should I start cutting out a Billy Davies mask, or an Iain Dowie one ?

Dowie if you want to improve your looks Homer :icon_wink

Out of interest, what is the record for most managers for one club in a season? We must be near it if MM does get rid again.

MM's desire for instant success is having the completely opposite effect. The reason the team has performed so poorly and not had any consistency is due to the amount of turmoil and changes that have been made, on and off the field. The buck stops with MM, he's running this club into the ground.

I agree that the buck stops with MM, but the amount of changes may be down to his ability to interview and select good managers.

Just look at his record at Portsmouth, mistake after mistake after mistake, until some may say he got lucky with HR.

you must be easily pleased Spionfox, easily pleased.

Not at all, I am as p1ssed off as anyone about our current situation. All I am saying is that for me it isn't an option to desert my club in the way that some others have been implying.

I'm sorry to say, but there is no smoke without fire. This has shades of the run up to Allen's dismissal with stories in the press prior to his exit.

Look at MM's quotes in the press yesterday/today about LCFC costing him not only £11m but an awful lot of time at the expense of his family and other businesses. With this plus declared disappointment in results so far you will see clearly all the elements in place of why MM will be truely impatient and ready to press the trigger again.

When its your money and your time and business, (as MM pointedly says) I think you're going to have a lower tolerance threshold to failure than the normal chairman who isn't investing his own money, reputation and time. Coupled with MM's famed impatience and ego, it's not looking good for Holloway.

Perhaps also Holloway offered his resignation due to continued meddling - maybe MM again was suggesting who to buy and who not to buy. Also, I feel there was a suspiciously low amount of money spent in the transfer window - although £3m in pay-offs to the dead wood might be to blame here - but perhaps MM was slamming his wallet shut because he was thinking he wants to give a new guy the chance to get his own players in.

Last edited:
Could all be a glorious ruse, of course, deliberately planted by Milan - giving him an excuse to come out sometime today with a big 'Get Behind Ollie and the Boys you disloyal feckwits' statement

I took the implication from your post to be that you were considering consigning LCFC to the past.

Apologies if I got it wrong :icon_wink

I could never do that I don't think, but I would be very ashamed. Having said that, then if Big Sam came in and we rose up the table then who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669