Telegraph Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

I've started this thread because in my opinion this is potentially an extremely important piece of text that shouldn't slip by unnoticed.

From Thurs Telegraph:
Milan Mandaric is ready to risk further embarrassment to his tenure at Leicester City by removing his fifth manager in 12 months in a desperate attempt to protect the £25 million investment he made in the club a year ago.
The Serbian-American businessman is understood to have sounded out potential replacements for existing manager Ian Holloway, with former Derby County manager Billy Davies high on the list of possibles, just 17 games after installing the former Plymouth Argyle manager.

Defeat against Watford on Tuesday night, leaves Holloway with just four wins and staring at the relegation zone in the Championship and sources at the club insists that Mandaric is already running out of patience and that his working relationship with Holloway is suffering.

There are suggestions that Holloway offered his resignation recently, but was talked out of it by Mandaric, but with Leicester just two points above the bottom three Davies is now firmly on the club's radar and Mandaric could make a move this weekend, if Leicester fail to stop the slide against Norwich City. Davies was high on Mandaric's wanted list before Holloway was appointed, but the ex-Portsmouth chairman was unable to tempt him away from his former club Derby County. Mandaric completed a year in charge at the Walkers Stadium yesterday (Weds) and has admitted he has been shocked by the lack of progress.
"We are not even near where I wanted to be or where I planned to be. I gave my life to this club for the last 12 months, and millions of pounds, and I don't see as good progress as I wanted. But I have to keep working on it and surround myself with the people that will help me to get there and you have to look to the big picture."

Last edited:
Well if there is any truth in this at all, and then this indeed happens, I will no longer follow City - I can't take anymore of this mindless rubbish unfolding in front of my own eyes.

I shall always look out for City's results, but I will no longer follow any of it, its just not funny anymore.

I really can not see the point in sacking Holloway now - we just need to get some points at home and things will be good for next season

we have to play soome of the teams below us at the Walkers so I can 'hopefully' say that we'll be safe and just need to build for next year as this one has been total BOLLOCKS

I just dont know who to blame, poor management decisions by Milan or poor management decisions as of Holloway, Smegson or Allan? I am confused with all of this changing of management,staff and worse of all the flowers at the training ground I just dont know what the fudge is going on

Well if there is any truth in this at all, and then this indeed happens, I will no longer follow City - I can't take anymore of this mindless rubbish unfolding in front of my own eyes.

I shall always look out for City's results, but I will no longer follow any of it, its just not funny anymore.

I wouldn't presume to forecast what you or any individual would do - but in the general I do know that a couple of wins under a new manager and most people would only be too ready to fall in line.

I understand why supporters are clinging on to the hope that Holloway is going to suddenly or gradually turn things round - but there is no evidence that this is likely.

I agree that there is no point in getting rid of Holloway unless someone better is available and brave enough to take on the job - but if there is such a person then I say bring them in because 'Ollie' likeable as he appears to be is currently leading us down yet another dead end. Sad to say, but a reality.

Would be disgraceful if we got rid of Holloway now. All this upheaval is the reason our decent squad can't play well together. We are a laughing stock.

But saying that, if he was to go, I would be very happy with Billy Davies.

The fact that this article has come from the Telegraph rather than the Mirror say, is concerning me.

Its obvious that something is happening at the club, you get used to reading the signs - we have a poor run of results, rival manager gets sacked, Milan gives major interview (sounds pi$$ed off).....

I hope IH stays but as Milan has proven before if there is a real chance of us going down he'll get rid, its as simple as that.

The potential fact that Holloway offered his resignation puts a different slant on things for me. I am worried.

The potential fact that Holloway offered his resignation puts a different slant on things for me. I am worried.

If true, I am with you. Holloway saw the ££ signs and came, end of. Maybe the job is just too big for him ??

I hope he stays, because another change will IMO rubber stamp our League 1 status for next season.

He's looked very rattled in recent interviews...

He's looked like a firghtened rabbit in the headlights - and many of his comments suggest that he doesn't have a clue which way to turn

Interesting article, interesting times........

Can someone explain to me why they still consider us to be a "big" club???

And whether you are a big, small or 'magic semi' club the trick is to get ther players playing together. Ours cant......at the moment anyway, be it through lack of talent or what i dont know? As far as getting rid of some of the dross he has done what we wanted so i'd lay off for the time being!

This time last week, Holloway was being backed to hilt....now look at the BS on here. As has been said, we are yet to play any of the teams around us so lets give it some time!

If Mandy does get rid, then i wont be wasting my time no more......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669