Terry Robinson - Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just reviewed the hundred posts that I've made since the start of November; it does indeed seem that you're cracking up more than you thought.

If I made the comment before 1st November I may have changed my mind, possibly more than once, since then.
I'm with Redditch here, I could have sworn you posted something along those lines yesterday! However, there is nothing there now! I think you might have used the phrase " one last throw of the dice ". Ring any bells, Boc?

Last edited:
I'm with Redditch here, I could have sworn you posted something along those lines yesterday! However, there is nothing there now! I think you might have used the phrase " one last throw of the dice ". Ring any bells, Boc?

Quasimodo has left the arena. That comment was made by homer.

Next year?

You given up all hope of promotion already?.
Yes. However, I'd be happy if Slade were sacked now. Don't think it will happen though.

You've reminded us recently that poker is your game and that you don't risk your hard-earned in showing support for your footballing opinions. My feeling is that you're a wise man.

My feeling is that we both like to wind people up a bit.

Yes. However, I'd be happy if Slade were sacked now. Don't think it will happen though.

Going that well is it? I can't say I've been following your results that closely, I take it you're not impressed so far?

I've just reviewed the hundred posts that I've made since the start of November; it does indeed seem that you're cracking up more than you thought.

If I made the comment before 1st November I may have changed my mind, possibly more than once, since then.

Oh dear -sorry. It was Homer's comment then.

Still I knew someone who is usually about on the mark said it.

Can't see it myself - tho since I confidently forecast that Pearson wouldn't win promotion, I don't claim to be entirely reliable.

Agree on your first point and have been saying so from the outset - tho not in your eloquent language.

On spending money in January - I will be very surprised. It certainly wouldn't make much business sense - that said, football isn't a rational business so you never know. Just a thought on Pearson - the fans are suffering massive disappointment/ disillusion made stronger by the astonishing start to the season. The rest of the season looks bleak. Why should Pearson just be pushed out to walk away with a shed load of money? Let him stay and try to make the best of it. I don't think that he can manage in the Premier League - but he's proven he can bring promotion.

your view is ok if you happy been relegated, seems you already resigned to it.

The problem is getting promoted isnt as simple as it may seem. Its better to avoid relegation.

I think I said "more or less" beyond hope.

It's never encouraging when people start talking about the maths when looking for hope of avoiding relegation.

I think we are (more or less) stuffed and the right thing for the owners to do is to plan on the likelihood of relegation- and then being in a strong position for promotion. Yes there have been a few astonishing escapes but don't bank on a footballing miracle.

There is a view that performances have perked up a bit - but possibly opponents know they have enough to win/ we mainly battle hard without much real threat. I actually think Pearson and the players - at one level - have done well to avoid any real drubbings - given our very limited playing resources.

The point is what should be done now. I note that Boc (who normally talks a lot of sense) thinks the owners will gamble and spend in January. I'd be surprised - I think they will go for loans. We shall see.

Another reason for spending in January is this season doesnt count for the championship FFP, so that is a reason to spend now instead of next season even if predicting relegation.

I would be very annoyed if we went down not trying to fight, by that I mean not changing manager or players, I expect to see as a fan either a manager swap or player personnel changes.

There was no lack of fight against Manchester City. You could argue that we are short on ability and confidence but not fight.

The first essential with any major crisis is to avoid superficial solutions. In 2013 we had such a crisis and the superfial solution would have been to change manager. If the owners had done that they would have got rid of the very man who understood the crisis. Whatever the problem this year you can be sure Nigel. Ctaig and Steve Sr know what it is. They may not be able to solve it this season but if we keep them they will surely bring us back stronger than before.

Chrisalis writes of a manager swap. I hate to think of how many times we have swapped managers since Martin O'Neill. Only Micky Adams could claim any success. To emphasize a favourite word of mine:
the superficial solution is to sack the manager but thankfully so far the Thais have not looked for superficial solutions.

Another reason for spending in January is this season doesnt count for the championship FFP

I suppose it comes down how you personally view the FFP rules. If you see them as a pesky irritation that needs to be subverted at any measure, you may take that view.
I'd view them as a necessary restraint to prevent clubs from financially destroying themselves.
Not that I'm saying we shouldn't spend in January though.

I would be very annoyed if we went down not trying to fight, by that I mean not changing manager

It's interesting how two people can hold polar opposite views. I suppose it's possible that you may one day post something that I actually agree with, but then it's also possible that I might one day decide not to keep getting out of my bulb on drink and drugs at every given opportunity. It's really not ****ing likely though.

your view is ok if you happy been relegated, seems you already resigned to it.

The problem is getting promoted isnt as simple as it may seem. Its better to avoid relegation.

Not heppy with prospect of relegation - but the odds sre currently around 4-7 which is an indication that the prospects are poor.

I quite understand that getting immediate promotion is easier said than done. However, I don't think the club would find it easy to find a better manager than Pearson in terms of chances of winning promotion.

That said disagree with David Gwilliam's assertion that replacing the manager is a "superficial" solution. If you can get a better manager then its anything but superficial.

Anyway, things will probably become clearer by the end of January. If we keep losing we will be completely adrift or results may have picked up. We will also find out if the club has laid down serious money in an attempt to avoid relegation or not chosen to / not found it possible to attract quality players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669