Terry Robinson - Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ulloa: Cobblers. We negotiated with Brighton for weeks because he was NPs first choice striker. Brighton wanted £10m for him if you recall. We eventually settled at £7m. What the fecks wrong with that? It's ridiculous to blame this on NP or TR.

Cambiasso: Cobblers. We made him an offer early in the summer but his brother and agent made it clear that he wanted to wait until late on before committing his future to anyone. He had offers from USA, Argentina, Spain and Italy too. He also had some negotiations with Spurs earlier in the summer. It's ridiculous to blame this on NP or TR.

Campbell: Cobblers. He was made equivalent offers from Palace and us and chose Palace. This is a perfectly rational decision and it is a massive stretch to decide that this was TRs fault or NPs fault.

McCarthy: Cobblers. He was clearly the back up plan if Cambiasso decided to go elsewhere and it was perfectly sensible that we did this. The fact that Wigan chose to go public about the proposed deal for their own means cannot be blamed on NP or TR. As soon as the Cambiasso deal was agreed, we pulled out.

McCarthy and Cambiasso; there is an argument to be had what you've illustrated. Personally I'd rather seen the centre midfielder we want tied up early doors and onto the next deal.

Ulloa's potential transfer deal goes up to £10 million. The tedious nature in which we upped our bid by a million every time made the transfer saga go well into July. All this despite winning the league in April and Brighton being out of the playoffs by the second week of May. In the end, it had a knock-on as we actively trying to get a second striker in on the final day of the window. If the deal was wrapped up by end of June. We could have got that additional striker. I've just looked up, the media reported our original interest as 16th June and we signed Leo by 23rd July. It took five bids according to the Mercury.

Campbell we had a bid accepted on 5th June according to the BBC. It was the 24th July when he signed for Palace. There was a significant two week spell when it was us and only us talking to him. What happened?

Last edited:
Sorry. I'm an idiot. I was pissed and this was a lyric from the song 'weirdo' by the Charlatans. Clearly I'm the weirdo!

I'm gutted I missed this, they're my favourite band!! I'll think more next time:056:

Great reference :038:

I reckon Rhyd's being given an unjustly rough ride and that his commentary is fair, regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

Anyone who thinks our owners aren't capable of rash and ill-informed decision making is kidding themselves...but it is the biggest one (in overseeing NP's departure the first time) that probably cautions their hand now.

A destination can be reached by different routes and this was always about a long-term plan...even if it means taking a step back to move forward. Don’t escape from the tiger in order to meet the crocodile...as they say in Thailand. Probably all the time in regions populated by tigers and crocodiles. Unless it's this crocodile.

Crocodile-Show-800.jpg

Well actually there is a strong rationale.

I accept that our position is more or less beyond help for this season so there is every sense in the focus being on next season and who is most likely to get us promoted. I quite understand that the theory is better than the practice and in reality a losing manager inevitably has to go. nevertheless there is sense in keeping Pearson to do what he is good at - then being hard headed and getting rid.

You seem surprising obsessed with drawing parallels with CCFC. Don't think that works when taken to extremes. Cardif seemed to implode partly for non-football related reasons which are not transferable to Leicester's miserable plight. I guess you are in a prolonged bout of post-relegation angst. Understandable - but realistically Cardif have been a mainly second tier outfit - Leicester's history is a bit better than that. No offence intended.

Our position isn't more or less beyond hope. We're 42% through a season and we're adrift by 5 points. yes, it's not good - and yes we haven't won in a very long time. But our performances of late have been better, and in football you never know what might happen.

We're not doomed at all. We have 66 points to play for.

Our position isn't more or less beyond hope. We're 42% through a season and we're adrift by 5 points. yes, it's not good - and yes we haven't won in a very long time. But our performances of late have been better, and in football you never know what might happen.

:081:

Funniest post in ages!

Maybe, but also one of the most factual in ages.

No it isn't. It's completely ignorant of evidence, history, precedent and common sense. It's the equivalent of arguing that Nick Clegg could be Prime Minister after the election in May. Of course it's possible, but it isn't going to happen.

No it isn't. It's completely ignorant of evidence, history, precedent and common sense.

As indeed is football.

Were you there that night years ago when we came back in added time to get a three all draw with Arsenal? 'Foxes never quit' was never more apt.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings BN and at the moment, as much as you don't want to admit it, she hasn't even started her pre-concert gargling yet.

Last edited:
No it isn't. It's completely ignorant of evidence, history, precedent and common sense. It's the equivalent of arguing that Nick Clegg could be Prime Minister after the election in May. Of course it's possible, but it isn't going to happen.

Have you not been laid in a while? Honestly why so completely and utterly negative? I get that you're not jumping for joy, but damn dude, it's so depressing. You're a glass half empty person right?

West Brom in 2004/5 season had 10 points after 19 games and were bottom of the league. They had a fairly average squad in my opinion. They finished on 34 points in 17th place. We currently have 10 points after 16 games. It would be an excellent achievement at this stage for us to not get relegated. it's going to be tough as it always is in football. However, it's achievable without any reasonable stretch of the imagination. We are quite a bit in the craphole but there are plenty of matches to be fought and won. It's been done before and can and will be done again.

Maybe we do get relegated, but to resign your own team to resignation when we've played 16/38 matches is absurd. Maybe they'll pick it up and find some solid form? Perhaps we sign a few players in Jan and that changes everything. Perhaps we get a new manager and he does well. We might get relegated. We might not. In the meanwhile, support your team through thick and thin. There are already enough people hating frok other teams, enough people booing from other fan bases, we hardly need our own fans booing us.

I went to Villa away last week, and they didn't even mention our team line-up. When I asked a Villa fan, he said that it was normal at Villa Park - something to sort of say "we don't acknowledge you and we only care about ourselves." If you wat to boo, you can quite clearly "f*ck off and die."

Last edited:

I think I said "more or less" beyond hope.

It's never encouraging when people start talking about the maths when looking for hope of avoiding relegation.

I think we are (more or less) stuffed and the right thing for the owners to do is to plan on the likelihood of relegation- and then being in a strong position for promotion. Yes there have been a few astonishing escapes but don't bank on a footballing miracle.

There is a view that performances have perked up a bit - but possibly opponents know they have enough to win/ we mainly battle hard without much real threat. I actually think Pearson and the players - at one level - have done well to avoid any real drubbings - given our very limited playing resources.

The point is what should be done now. I note that Boc (who normally talks a lot of sense) thinks the owners will gamble and spend in January. I'd be surprised - I think they will go for loans. We shall see.

I note that Boc (who normally talks a lot of sense) thinks the owners will gamble and spend in January.

Did I say that? I honestly can't remember doing so.

Indeed he does. He directed me to the packet soup at his first attempt last week.

It's the ****ing Super Noodles that always beat me!

Well actually there is a strong rationale.

I accept that our position is more or less beyond help for this season so there is every sense in the focus being on next season and who is most likely to get us promoted. I quite understand that the theory is better than the practice and in reality a losing manager inevitably has to go. nevertheless there is sense in keeping Pearson to do what he is good at - then being hard headed and getting rid..

Giving up on the Prem in December is rational? OK. See you next year.

You seem surprising obsessed with drawing parallels with CCFC. Don't think that works when taken to extremes. Cardif seemed to implode partly for non-football related reasons which are not transferable to Leicester's miserable plight. I guess you are in a prolonged bout of post-relegation angst. Understandable - but realistically Cardif have been a mainly second tier outfit - Leicester's history is a bit better than that. No offence intended.

As I said, from where I stand there are striking resemblances.

For your sake I hope I'm wrong. My feeling is West Ham will be Nigel's last game at the helm, if he makes it to the weekend.

Yes you did (unless of course I'm cracking up more than I thought).

Can't face searching the precise post tho!

I've just reviewed the hundred posts that I've made since the start of November; it does indeed seem that you're cracking up more than you thought.

If I made the comment before 1st November I may have changed my mind, possibly more than once, since then.

See you next year.

Next year?

You given up all hope of promotion already?

My feeling is West Ham will be Nigel's last game at the helm, if he makes it to the weekend.

You've reminded us recently that poker is your game and that you don't risk your hard-earned in showing support for your footballing opinions. My feeling is that you're a wise man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669