Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours th

As we announced on March 27, Anthony Knockaert will join Standard Liege for four years. Out of contract with Leicester, the former center of Guingamp (23 years) was tenured three times in the Premier League this season! In 335 minutes, it has not issued any decisive pass and scored no goal.

As we announced on March 27, Anthony Knockaert will join Standard Liege for four years. Out of contract with Leicester, the former center of Guingamp (23 years) has played three times in the Premier League this season! In 335 minutes, he has not made any decisive pass [assist] and scored no goal.
Spot the differences

Last edited:
Re: ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours th

Google says:

Som vi annonserte 27. mars, vil Anthony Knockaert bli med Standard Liege i fire år. Ute av kontrakt med Leicester, ble det tidligere sentrum av Guingamp (23 år) tenured tre ganger i Premier League denne sesongen! I 335 minutter, det har ikke utstedt noen avgjørende pasning og scoret ingen mål.
:icon_bigg

Spot the differences

Jeff's version seems to have been translated from Flemish; mine was French. I added the '[assist]'.

Well at least we didn't technically sell him, we're just letting his contract expire - which is a huge relief after singing that stupid shite song every feckin' week

Well at least we didn't technically sell him, we're just letting his contract expire - which is a huge relief after singing that stupid shite song every feckin' week

Could've been worse, there was nothing about eating dogs in it.

It is a shame he did not appear to adapt/step up to the more exacting demands of the Prem.

An amazing player in the Championship, but not in the same class as Mahrez.

I wish him well.

According to RL he was offered a new contract with us.

Last edited:

Quite why we thought he'd sign a new context with us is baffling.

Good luck to him. Had some excellent moments for us.

Not certain of the rules, but with him under 24 and us offering a new deal, do we get a fee from Standard Liege for this deal?

Not certain of the rules, but with him under 24 and us offering a new deal, do we get a fee from Standard Liege for this deal?

Being as you call yourself lcfcrules, I would have thought you'd know the rules.

I think it will be a lot less, practically nothing, when players sign for a foreign team as that seems to be the case with Ings and Burnley.

Shame to see him go as he was an exciting player to watch and scored some fantastic goals but seems way down the pecking order so understandable for him to leave.

50 marbles should do it - not the crappy little ones, but great big ones or they can feck off

Being as you call yourself lcfcrules, I would have thought you'd know the rules.

You get my nomination for witty retort of the week and even a contender for the season. Made me laugh.

Think all this goes back to pre-season, when he gave an interview to a French paper, in this he allegedly stated that he saw Leicester as a 'stepping stone', that certainly wouldn't have gone down well with NP, and in all probability led to him being 'frozen out' despite being in the first team squad. If his move to Standard Liege is true, and I see no reason to disbelieve it, I think they have got themselves a decent player. He's still rough around the edges, but still plenty of potential. I do wonder if he ever really settled over here he apparently traveled back to France most weekends, he has a French wife who lives there so he has very strong social reasons to be there himself. Consequently this move makes sense on a number of levels. Good luck to him he helped us get out of the Championship. Its a pity he couldn't keep his opinions to himself.

Is a 'stepping stone' to Standard Liege a football club step up, a step down or a step sideways?

Is a 'stepping stone' to Standard Liege a football club step up, a step down or a step sideways?

Playing in front of less fans against generally worse players in an undoubtedly worse league?

But Europe?

Fewer.

His Dad has been ill for a while. He's originally from Roubaix which is right on the Belgian border. He's disappeared from training and under 21s which suggests to me he's on extended leave.

Massively over-rated show pony last season.

Out of his depth this season. Evidenced by his reliance on his one trick that didn't even work the first time he tried it against a Premier League defender. Then I saw him dribbling the ball in his own half into three opponents and lose possession and enable the opposition a chance. Then finally when he was too important to track back his full back, I wrote him off totally.

I never minded his ego or arrogance on the pitch. He just very rarely delivered the quality to justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566