Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few sources reporting we've offered 'absurd' money to Charles Aranguiz. What do people think about this? As we do actually have some backing now, is that a dangerous strategy or is that the only way we'll get the real top players?

Aranguiz has already said that it's not about money, he just wants to play for a bigger club.

If we want them to come here, with no Champions League football etc., they we will have to pay what the big boys pay, or they just go to Arsenal, Real Madrid or wherever.

Telling them they are joining a 'Nice bunch of lads', or unlimited Walker's crisps or Pukka pies, does not count for a huge amount.

I think he's more interested in how big his next club is.

How big is his current club compared to us? Ave attendance, quality of opposition and league etc.?

Perhaps not very big or even bigger than us at all. But Bayer Leverkusen, challenging for a European spot in the Bundesliga and being in the Champions League this season, are most definitely a bigger club than us right now.

I don't think the size of his current club is relevant. It's his next club that he wants to be bigger than us, not his current one.

So were not any bigger English clubs interested in him? If they were, why has he not gone straight to them and cut out the 'stepping stone' bit of us, Knockeart style?

He was on trial with us and think something came out back end of last week that another team, poss Bournmouth, were trying to scupper the deal.

Another one that would sooner go somewhere else. Fiorentina in his case.

With today's signings, we've now spent an estimated 23.6m in this transfer window - That's Huth (rpt. 3m), Okazaki (rpt. 7m), Kante (rpt. 8m) and Benalouane (rpt. 5.6m).

Do we think there are more signings to come, or are the club done now?

I think you have the wrong guy.

Haha yes, I just seen the link to the Italian sounding website and presumed it was the U-21 player.

Should have read the second line really! :oops:

Or, the picture. Or, you know, the URL. ;)

Haha alright, there were a few although in my defence, I did post that 2 mins before I was due to finish work so was worrying I wouldn't leave on time!

Can't be breaking a contract of employment working 1 minute longer than my specified time now can I :D

With today's signings, we've now spent an estimated 23.6m in this transfer window - That's Huth (rpt. 3m), Okazaki (rpt. 7m), Kante (rpt. 8m) and Benalouane (rpt. 5.6m).

Do we think there are more signings to come, or are the club done now?
I believe Kante was €8m not £8m.
I think 1 more CM and 1 GK. Having said that I personally reckon we are a wide man short

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669