Thank you to the owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everybody keep slagging us off I wonder ? - our owners spend around £10-15mill on a new team and get accused of buying success then along comes a little team like Stoke City who spend £18 on 3 players but that's ok - that raises the question - is it only Premier League clubs that are allowed to push the boat? - I suppose championship clubs can only be in the Market for free transfers or old has beens - I mean to say - come on - so we've spent £15mill - that equates to ONE good premiership player - can't understand why fans of other clubs are so jealous - perhaps it because their clubs owners have no ambition

can't understand why fans of other clubs are so jealous - perhaps it because their clubs owners have no ambition

Or maybe the owners are ambitious but are haven't got £15 million to spend on players and a similar amount to spend on wages, and they don't want to go into debt trying to get promoted. If every club in the division spent £15 million on players there would still be only three promotion places available.

Why does everybody keep slagging us off I wonder ? - our owners spend around £10-15mill on a new team and get accused of buying success then along comes a little team like Stoke City who spend £18 on 3 players but that's ok - that raises the question - is it only Premier League clubs that are allowed to push the boat? - I suppose championship clubs can only be in the Market for free transfers or old has beens - I mean to say - come on - so we've spent £15mill - that equates to ONE good premiership player - can't understand why fans of other clubs are so jealous - perhaps it because their clubs owners have no ambition

To be fair, 18 quid for those players is a bargain.

I haven't looked yet. I probably won as I think I was playing some relegation fodder :icon_wink

smiley_nope.gif

What if they bought you a nice meal?

Still no, only when they get us promoted hence the 'not yet'.....

If they got us promoted and bought me a nice meal then id probable slip a finger too.

Who are you replying to?

No one in particular, hence the no quote. I never knew that a prerequisite to post on here was to quote someone?

No one in particular, hence the no quote. I never knew that a prerequisite to post on here was to quote someone?

It isn't a prerequisite at all, as you know, but if you weren't replying to anybody, what then was the context of your post?

oblige how, on here, if anyone is supportive or pro- something they are bummong/sucking them or jerking off to them. I have taken part in all 3 activities recently, but not linked to our spending.

Or maybe the owners are ambitious but are haven't got £15 million to spend on players and a similar amount to spend on wages, and they don't want to go into debt trying to get promoted. If every club in the division spent £15 million on players there would still be only three promotion places available.
the point I'm trying to make is that nobody raises their eyebrows when anybody spends a bit of cash - all we get is "oh Leicester are spending more money" - there are alot of clubs spending more money than us but that seems to be okay

the point I'm trying to make is that nobody raises their eyebrows when anybody spends a bit of cash - all we get is "oh Leicester are spending more money" - there are alot of clubs spending more money than us but that seems to be okay

Premier League clubs have a far bigger income than us, so it's normal for them to spend a lot of money. It's a club that's not got the Premier TV cash that is causing the raised eyebrows. I'm sure if another Championship team did the same as us people would be saying the same thing about them.

Premier League clubs have a far bigger income than us, so it's normal for them to spend a lot of money. It's a club that's not got the Premier TV cash that is causing the raised eyebrows. I'm sure if another Championship team did the same as us people would be saying the same thing about them.

West Ham can't be far off? And Cardiff?

I think that there are two factors generating the undercurrent of bad vibes about us. Firstly, many members of the media and player pundits have grudges and negative views towards Sven. I've no idea whether these opinions are justified or not. Secondly, although it is completely unjust, there is a prevalent view that Leicester cheated when we went into Admin and therefore us spending copious sums appears to be more obscene than anyone else.

In reality, we've spent about £10m net on transfers over the last year. That isn't mind-blowing money. However, our wage bill and associated payments must dwarf any others in the Championship aside from those who've recently dropped from the Prem.

I think the new owners have been outstanding.

West Ham have a negative outlay this summer. They spent around £6 million on players and they've brought in a lot more than that by selling players.

Cardiff have spent less than £2 million this summer.

Considering the players they have got in, that is very shrewd outlay, particularly by Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669