The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Rich

Banned
Re: Who has been linked with City?

as far as i can see every man and his gone has been linked,

Still can't see how a spell checker gets you from gone to dog. Unless it's that doggone spell checker's fault......

Any Freudian psychologists on here?

what iwas trying to say but perhaps didnt phrase it well was that it seems to be lazy journalism and wishful thinking half of it. Then the mongies get carried away, yes its great for us to be link with big names but if we continue to linked and fail to land these players is this not going to have a negative effect on our image, if noone wants to be here.

It's an interesting point - If we get constatntly linked with big -( Who next? Drogba? Ronaldinho?) and unlikely - names,could it undermine our credibility?

Profondo Rosso

Who gives a shit about our credibility? I couldn't care if every other fan in the country hated us if it gets us promoted.

Profondo Rosso

So you want us to be a good version of Leeds?

If we're successful I'd have no problem being disliked, but as FF above says we'd be more like Chelsea or ManCity, not Leeds.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
If we're successful I'd have no problem being disliked, but as FF above says we'd be more like Chelsea or ManCity, not Leeds.
All horrible, horrible clubs with a majority of horrible, horrible fans. That said, if Sven can show me a few shiny pots and some nights out in Bratislava or Tallinn I'll not give a shite.

Profondo Rosso

All horrible, horrible clubs with a majority of horrible, horrible fans. That said, if Sven can show me a few shiny pots and some nights out in Bratislava or Tallinn I'll not give a shite.

Regardless of sarcasm, that is spot on. ;)

Last edited:

Profondo Rosso

Couldn't work out whether you were being (or still are) or not being written down.

Boy Genius

Banned

we are already disliked by a lot of clubs, why does it matter?

Brown Nose

It's an interesting point - If we get constatntly linked with big -( Who next? Drogba? Ronaldinho?) and unlikely - names,could it undermine our credibility?

Many will recall when Blackburn went from Second Division nobodys to Premiership Champions in the space of two or three years. They brought in a top name manager (Dalglish) who proceeded to be linked heavily with just about every big name player of that time (e.g. Sheringham and Lineker). They eventually acquired players of quality on the back of this and built a terrific team.

As long as the manager is somebody with sufficient skill and judgement to put together a squad that can progress, I think being linked with household names is very positive. It's exciting times to be a City fan and if our results start to mirror our ambition, happy days are ahead.

On the other hand we are the play thing of a supposedly rich foreign kid who could up and leave at any point leaving us looking at liquidation and kicking ourselves for being so naive.

Such is the modern game.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

So does Bent to Villa make a Heskey move to us more likely? He would certainly play the Howard role a lot better than Howard, and be one you would be happy to move up to the Prem with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669