The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2011 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting exciting now, isn't it? With all the speculation beginning to translate into signings. And the fact that the players we've signed have all been rumoured before we've signed them adds a bit more credibility to the endless newspaper rumours.

I think we'll announce at least one more today... probably Masilela, but maybe even two? Who knows! Exciting times.

Until you mentioned Masilela you were doing very well there. Previous experience of the speed at which the immigration service works suggests that he might be last to arrive. But yes, a long and frustrating June is almost over and, though not yet excited, I can sense that things are beginning to move.

Having said that, I think I would be even more excited if the GBP moved up a bit against the SEK.

im getting bombarded with texts emails from Blackpool fans saying they are in talks with Wellens!!!!!!!!!!!!!, they can feck right off

Last edited:
Stringer on the moan in, said there could be a signing a day up to the squad leaving for Sweeden

Stringer on the moan in, said there could be a signing a day up to the squad leaving for Sweeden

... and then immediately reminded himself that Sven had said that there would only be another two or three.

Found the below on a random rumours website. Most of it happened so its interesting to read the other bits...

27 Jun 2011 11:43:31
Danns - Completing medical today

CMS - Deal agreed, player to consider offer and attend medical asap if accepted

St Ledger - Bid accepted deal made, player to attend and complete medical

Kasper - Player now in detailed talks over contract, Sven speaking with player personally in Scandanavia

Masilela - Loan agreed, player en route

Nugent - Now in talks over contract details, expected to sign by Wednesday

Maynard - A second bid (around £3m) will be put forward over the next couple of days to pre-empt the players return

Woodgate - An initial enquiry has been made, but it is thought to be only as a back-up if other CB offers fall through.

Vitor - Sven has made secondary official contact to request another season long loan

Mee - Sven has made secondary contact about a loan, MCFC would prefer sale but price may be stumbling block

Derbyshire - Pure rumours

Yakubu - Amazingly, there are still negotiations going on

Chong Tae Se(Jong) - Still a possibility, but negotiations haven't even started and may be more of a consideration for the January window.

Hird - An initial enquiry was made but no more

Cunningham - Player was still on Sven's radar but club are reluctant to let him go, possible in January again if needed.

Going out - it is highly likely that both Hobbs and Weale will leave for Hull if a large bulk of the above signings go through.

Sven is reluctant to use Waghorn in a trade off to sign players and would only consider a financial sale. And even this isn't something concrete.

**I make no claim that all of this information is definite, but can tell you it is from a close family friend who works for the club AND sometimes closely with the management team**

Source?

Found the below on a random rumours website. Most of it happened so its interesting to read the other bits...

27 Jun 2011 11:43:31
Danns - Completing medical today

CMS - Deal agreed, player to consider offer and attend medical asap if accepted

St Ledger - Bid accepted deal made, player to attend and complete medical

Kasper - Player now in detailed talks over contract, Sven speaking with player personally in Scandanavia

Masilela - Loan agreed, player en route

Nugent - Now in talks over contract details, expected to sign by Wednesday

Maynard - A second bid (around £3m) will be put forward over the next couple of days to pre-empt the players return

Woodgate - An initial enquiry has been made, but it is thought to be only as a back-up if other CB offers fall through.

Vitor - Sven has made secondary official contact to request another season long loan

Mee - Sven has made secondary contact about a loan, MCFC would prefer sale but price may be stumbling block

Derbyshire - Pure rumours

Yakubu - Amazingly, there are still negotiations going on

Chong Tae Se(Jong) - Still a possibility, but negotiations haven't even started and may be more of a consideration for the January window.

Hird - An initial enquiry was made but no more

Cunningham - Player was still on Sven's radar but club are reluctant to let him go, possible in January again if needed.

Going out - it is highly likely that both Hobbs and Weale will leave for Hull if a large bulk of the above signings go through.

Sven is reluctant to use Waghorn in a trade off to sign players and would only consider a financial sale. And even this isn't something concrete.

**I make no claim that all of this information is definite, but can tell you it is from a close family friend who works for the club AND sometimes closely with the management team**

Ben Mee is a bit of a gamble for big ish money. He was fantastic against Derby away, but did have some howlers. In an ideal world, loan with an option for a full deal at the end.

Pretty sure that was originally on the famous football-rumours website but did seem to be a lot more accurate than anything on there before!!

Stringer on Twitter: Owen Hargreaves wanted by Sven #lcfc "I'd take him at once if he were fit, to start training here, great player. I've tried to reach him"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669