The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2013 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A number of Leicester fans were unhappy when Patrick McCarthy left. Fans' disappointment is no indicator of whether a departing player is any good.

No it's not, but I don't recall too many saying "thank feck he's gone" (Norwich fans, that is)

No it's not, but I don't recall too many saying "thank feck he's gone" (Norwich fans, that is)

You are quite correct. I now live in 'the Land of Mustard' and many Norwich fans were both disappointed that Whitbread did not stay with them, and surprised that he should drop to the Championship.

You are quite correct. I now live in 'the Land of Mustard' and many Norwich fans were both disappointed that Whitbread did not stay with them, and surprised that he should drop to the Championship.

Sounds like they would have been as surprised as us at the lack of performance from him.
Here's hoping for better things from him next season :)

If we do sign Barry Bannan we'll be signing a current international.

Admittedly he's an international for the worst team in Europe (first nation eliminated from world cup qualification) but still.

If we do sign Barry Bannan we'll be signing a current international.

Admittedly he's an international for the worst team in Europe (first nation eliminated from world cup qualification) but still.

Beckford is a current international, as is St Ledger

All three of them are complete wank

I had no idea Beckford was an international player. Seems a little short-sighted to play for Jamaica. Now what if England come calling?

Just turned on the tv here as Beckford scores a header past Tim Howard to equalize for Jamaica.

Released players like Kilgallon, Simeon Jackson, Jerome Thomas, Gary O'Neil and Carlton Cole should be interesting Pearson. Similarly Matt Upson who's done well his year in the champ. FFP shouldn't be a problem as well lose beckford, Danns, wellens, Gallagher, St Ledger, waghorn,vardy and hopefully Whitbread, all on decent bunts. Priority for me would be: Moore to be played ahead of Loaning keane, new centre back, new left back. Then Pearson to use his imagination with the free up cash.
We have to build the team around Morgan, Moore, King, Knockaert and Wood which means pace, power and solidity in wide positions to make the most of those 5 players quality.

Released players like Kilgallon, Simeon Jackson, Jerome Thomas, Gary O'Neil and Carlton Cole should be interesting Pearson. Similarly Matt Upson who's done well his year in the champ. FFP shouldn't be a problem as well lose beckford, Danns, wellens, Gallagher, St Ledger, waghorn,vardy and hopefully Whitbread, all on decent bunts. Priority for me would be: Moore to be played ahead of Loaning keane, new centre back, new left back. Then Pearson to use his imagination with the free up cash.
We have to build the team around Morgan, Moore, King, Knockaert and Wood which means pace, power and solidity in wide positions to make the most of those 5 players quality.

I think you are deluded if you think FFP won't have an effect, most of the players you say are going will require a payoff because other teams won't match their wages, a payoff will count against FFP limits.

I think you are deluded if you think FFP won't have an effect, most of the players you say are going will require a payoff because other teams won't match their wages, a payoff will count against FFP limits.

I don't see Pearson signing any of those...

Who was the last ex-Prem player he signed...

Whitbread and De Laet were ex prem. I think he'll need to cotton on that he needs 1 or 2 that are experienced enough to know how to get/keep games won. The Nolan's, Whittinghams and Korens that galvanise whilst also having quality.

On a complete aside I'd like to see Anya from Watford/Granada at right back...

Whitbread and De Laet were ex prem. I think he'll need to cotton on that he needs 1 or 2 that are experienced enough to know how to get/keep games won. The Nolan's, Whittinghams and Korens that galvanise whilst also having quality.

On a complete aside I'd like to see Anya from Watford/Granada at right back...

Four ageing female singers aren't the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669