The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been away a week and we have signed no one. Gutted.

I think you are under estimating the potential of 'no one'. Very elusive although it has been reported that he can go missing on occasions. Lets give the guy a chance.

Stinky pissflaps. Not racist, but still offensive. My wife hates it and can react strongly to being called it.

White. That's offensive. I don't spend £150 per week on sunbeds to be labelled 'white'. I'm bronze and anyone that says different is gonna get a size nine up their stinky pissflaps.

Wankstain. The list is endless, let's not just constrain ourselves to offense caused by race related words.

Calling a goalkeeper shit after a goal kick must be quite offensive to the keeper. Calling Jamie Lawrence a pineapple-headed freak isn't racist, but telling him he's a rubber lipped twat might be, but calling Jordan (the model with the massive tats and collagen lips, not the basketball chap) a rubber lipped twat is probably ok. Telling her to get her tits out or your going to kick her in the pissflaps is probably not ok, but isn't racist. It's difficult sometimes to know what's acceptable these days, but feel free to print this little guide to consult and use a a moral guide. A sort of talkingballs bible.

I should add for completeness, don't shag your sister, that's bad too, although not racist, unless she's a paki and you did it against her will because you hate asians. That's racist. Please never mention racism again on this forum, it's a whole can of minefields! :icon_roll

The voice of reason strikes again. :icon_bigg

Each to their own. I'd quite a like a forum free from racial and homophobic slurs but fair enough if you find it restrictive and dull.

I'll stick to posting on match day threads only in future. It is, after all, a football forum.

You have every right to post anything you want to make sure there is no racism of any sort here. The mere threat of it disgusts me, anywhere.

At Camp Bestival, waiting to do a shit, with no strong cellular network, I spent my time waiting for pages to show on this thread, which I like to read when posters find rumours of players we may be interested in. I have always liked these threads actually. Once again, a thread which is useful and fun, is a political debate.

I am not sure why, but over the last 6 months, I have found Talkingballs no longer a place I frequent to have fun, chat to LCFC fans, listen to gossip and moan about our lot. It's instead turning in to a place to put down younger fans/posters, a place to row about political stance, etc. Perhaps that's the want, but it's not working for me.

However Chris, please do not misunderstand that in any way to reflect your opinions/right to stick up for your belief/views. Which I share.

I know a great big bear who needs a great big cuddle.....

I am not sure why, but over the last 6 months, I have found Talkingballs no longer a place I frequent to have fun, chat to LCFC fans, listen to gossip and moan about our lot. It's instead turning in to a place to put down younger fans/posters, a place to row about political stance, etc. Perhaps that's the want, but it's not working for me.

Bang on the money Alex, not been the same on here since we allowed Kevin Pressman to move on.

You have every right to post anything you want to make sure there is no racism of any sort here. The mere threat of it disgusts me, anywhere.

At Camp Bestival, waiting to do a shit, with no strong cellular network, I spent my time waiting for pages to show on this thread, which I like to read when posters find rumours of players we may be interested in. I have always liked these threads actually. Once again, a thread which is useful and fun, is a political debate.

However Chris, please do not misunderstand that in any way to reflect your opinions/right to stick up for your belief/views. Which I share.

To be honest Alex I'm suprised you've only noticed over the last 6 months. I've been of that opinion for about the last 2 years.

Almost 55,000 posts between the three of you. Whose fault is it if this place is shit compared to what it used to be?

:icon_bigg

I used to come on here to have a laugh, that rarely happens any more. I've noticed a lot of the old regulars have cut back a lot on their posting. I find the forum nowadays to be the same repetitive crap, and I sometimes find reading it is more of a chore than anything.

I used to come on here to have a laugh, that rarely happens any more. I've noticed a lot of the old regulars have cut back a lot on their posting. I find the forum nowadays to be the same repetitive crap, and I sometimes find reading it is more of a chore than anything.
Ignore the Random Joke thread, David Gwilliam and Blue Maniac. Voila: Talking Balls is fun again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69