Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2012/13 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSN were reporting earlier that Bristol City had put in a bid around the £200,000 mark.

Blackpool manager Appleton is 1/4 on to be Blackburns new boss, maybe his Pool chairman has told him his few decent players are being sold

Just to keep you posted.In the new spirit of freindliness between our clubs we are not approaching Kilmarnock for any players.
Must say we are getting a bit predictable-only buying Prem players.
There seems to be little interest in upcoming fixture.

Just to keep you posted.In the new spirit of freindliness between our clubs we are not approaching Kilmarnock for any players.
Must say we are getting a bit predictable-only buying Prem players.
There seems to be little interest in upcoming fixture.

Can you class your signings as 'prem players' when they can't muster a premier league start between them? Just wondering.

Cafe; 'pea son losing his touch. pogba and owen next'

It appears we can not guarantee first team for Keane when St Ledger and Whitbread return, thereby there is a recultance from Manchester United to have him here for the season. Gorkss would be filling in the gap.

On paper a decent addition.

Haven't we already extended the loan of Keane until the end of the season?

It appears we can not guarantee first team for Keane when St Ledger and Whitbread return, thereby there is a recultance from Manchester United to have him here for the season.

A number of places (not the OS though) have reported that Keane's loan has been extended until the end of the season. It seems those reports all stemmed from a Stringer tweet though, so probably complete bollocls.

Keane for me has done a great job, and his presence in our defence doesn't worry me at all. Reading some comments from NP about SSL and ZW, it appears that although they're on the comeback trail, I don't think they're anywhere near a starting place in the side. For me it would be almost 3-4 weeks from now before either are completely ready for first team action. We will be entering a really crucial stage of the season at that time and as long as Keane is still doing the business I wouldn't want him to be dropped. Taking all that in to account I'm surprised we're looking at another potential loanee.

Quotes from NP about SSL and ZW here

I know Reading fans like Gorkss a lot, I'm sure we could do much worse.

the rumour i heard was that he is to be part of the deal if Reading get Ince from Blackpool, with Gorkss going the other way on loan

Keane for me has done a great job, and his presence in our defence doesn't worry me at all. Reading some comments from NP about SSL and ZW, it appears that although they're on the comeback trail, I don't think they're anywhere near a starting place in the side. For me it would be almost 3-4 weeks from now before either are completely ready for first team action. We will be entering a really crucial stage of the season at that time and as long as Keane is still doing the business I wouldn't want him to be dropped. Taking all that in to account I'm surprised we're looking at another potential loanee.

Quotes from NP about SSL and ZW here

The only way Keane can stay is if we loan him until the end of the season (for which United will expect him to be played). We can not loan him for another month, so getting another loanee on a short-term loan would be the other option to fill until SSL and ZW return fully fit.

Last edited:
The only way Keane can stay is if we loan him until the end of the season (for which United will expect him to be played). We can not loan him for another month, so getting another loanee on a short-term loan would be the other option to fill until SSL and ZW return fully fit.

Are you sure it hasn't already been extended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566