The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2014/15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why. Our problems are in attack, not defence. We are just not scoring enough goals. We are bottom of the division in terms of goals scored but about mid table in terms of goals conceded.

the defense is more than just about not conceding goals, a calm defender passes the ball out to another player on his team, a panicky one hoofs it.

to me its clear why we not scored many, and that is due to lack of quality service and lack of possession in games. I think our midfield needs strengthening as well as defense.

Also I think a key player for us is hammond, he seems to be effective at this level, here is some stats.

Hammond in the team.

P10 W 3 D 4 L 3

Points per game 1.3

Not in the team

P 12 W 1 D 1 L 10

Points per game 0.3

I think hes suffering from injuries tho.

I thought King played well with Hammond early in the season too, he's seemed poor paired with anyone else that I can remember though.

No idea if he's any good, although if three EPL clubs are interested that suggests he's got something, but I'm quite comfortable with Forest selling us their leading lights.

He destroyed us last year for Wednesday at the KP.

Not sure if he's any better than what we have though and would probs rather see a centre mid come in or left back.

My mates who are Forest fans say he's dogshit. They realise he's scored a few goals, but that doesn't change their view of him as a player.

Completely below the standard we need.

Sinclair is available for roughly £2m squidies and we're ****ing around with this chump.

Sinclair is available for roughly £2m squidies and we're ****ing around with this chump.

Sinclair is available for £2m because of the salary Man City have him on now. The total cost of ownership of that player will be a helluva lot.

But he's also barely played for two years and shown no intention of doing so. Wasn't great at West Brom either. I'd take him on loan, but doesn't strike me as the sort we'd want for a relegation scrap permanently.

But he's also barely played for two years and shown no intention of doing so. Wasn't great at West Brom either. I'd take him on loan, but doesn't strike me as the sort we'd want for a relegation scrap permanently.
Seems happy taking his money little ambition otherwise he would have been moaning long before now, so I'm with Waxed on this one.

How do you know he hasn't been moaning about lack of football?

If someone is willing to pay him £50000 a week then fair do's

He was a great player at Swansea, better than this bloke.

Dame NDoye the Lokamotiv Moscow striker linked in the Daily Mirror today, i think we were after him in the summer, probably BS as he is no doubt in the AFCON

Not a bad scoring record from what I can see though he seems to have either not been so much on form this season or has had less chances.

I actually think we need another winger. I'd been debating whether we needed another cm or midfield who wasn't a winger but I genuinely believe James is good enough and Hammond is the player who breaks down the play and steadies things. Cambiasso is also still a top player and one hopes that with someone like Kramaric in the team, they can connect with their interplay.

Mahrez also seems more comfy in a free role similar to that used by Bojan or David Silva. I'm not saying he's as good as them, yet, but he has the creativity and flair to play in the middle in that role. Another pacey winger would be solid and definitely a left back.

IMO Upson will be an absolute gem. His experience in the PL will be evident. Can't wait for the rest of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669