The Bullplop Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you guys are saying is - the extent of our ambition for this coming season should be to finish in the top half?

I've never heard anything so ridiculous. Our ultimate aim has to be to win the league. I'm not saying that we are necessarily going to achieve that target but it seems ridiculous to aim for anything less. If we aim to win the league and fail we may end up finishing in the top six. If we simply aim just to finish in the top 10 and we fail we will be looking at a really crap season. One of the great things about Milan Mandaric taking charge of Leicester City in my mind was the fact that our days of mediocrity and low expectations were over. No longer would we be looking just to play well and win the odd game in three - just enough to stave off relegation. I had hoped that our expectations would be much greater than that. Milan Mandaric and Martin Allen certainly talk of higher expectations.

Are we genuine title challengers - why the hell not? Yes Sheff Utd, Charlton, Wolves etc will be hard to beat and will certainly be bigger favorites than us but why can't a team with a solid looking defence, a midfield that is definitely coming together and looking good and with strikers like Hume and Campbell not be in the title chase?

Set yourself low expectations and you will not achieve much.

According to our pre-pubescent friends over on foxestalk, Danny Murphy will sign tomorrow.

According to our pre-pubescent friends over on foxestalk, Danny Murphy will sign tomorrow.

i hope the little feckers are right. if he does i may well post a congratulatory message to them.

wouldnt surprise me , available for about £700K and a "big name signing"MM knows would please 100% of fans (has been known to play wide ie could still play Clemence and Kish).

Last edited:
he would take the p*ss in the championship. i'd put us as one of the favourites for promotion if he did sign.

Tomassi who posts on there also says that Andy Cole WILL sign on Wednesday.... don't know whether he's usually reliable or not but he's been posting on there for a while.

Murphy would be an amazing signing, and Cole could be good too. Not entirely convinced by him though...

Last edited:
The thing with Cole is that i get the sense we could just be stumping up big wages for a "big name"... i think he could be a decent impact player, but I'm not sure he'd be great value.

If... and i mean "If" there is any truth in the Murphy rumor then I reckon we'd have perhaps the strongest midfield in the division and be one of the favorites for promotion... as it is we're in the mix of teams that should be capable of challenging, but the addition of a player like Murphy would make the difference.

Still remain to be convinced that there any truth to the Murphy rumor... but I'm hopeful to say the least!:icon_cool

it'd be a busy week if i believed everything i read in foxestalk we'd be signing cole, mcleod and murphy

Title challenge is a ridiculous expectation IMO. Given that we are basically a whole new club this season, bar the stadium and training ground, I would be happy for us to finish in the top half and build on that for the following season.

Surely every manager should aim to win the league even though, I'm sure, MA knows we are likely to fall well short of that. Remember the amount of stick RK got when he set a target of a point a game. Top half, may be 7-10, would be a fair result, but if we aim for that and fall short we will have done no better than last year.

I've been hoovering the car, did I miss the Danny Murphy press conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669