The Bullplop Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been on SSN that Henderson has turned down a move to PNE after clubs agreed a fee, could there be some truth in this rumour? I thought it was just a question of time(or Fryatt going)before Mcloud signed but logically a big target man might fit in better (as Corts injured and MDV is still crap).

Just been on SSN that Henderson has turned down a move to PNE after clubs agreed a fee, could there be some truth in this rumour? I thought it was just a question of time(or Fryatt going)before Mcloud signed but logically a big target man might fit in better (as Corts injured and MDV is still crap).
Just saw Hendo in the ticket office

I don't think D Henderson is all that. Certainly no better than what we currently have.
Can't we put all this strikers nonsense to bed and focus on midfielders instead.

What about a bid for either Murphy or Claus Jenson - a bit of guile to add to the graft we already have.

In Jenson's case for about 2 games a season between injuries

still a couple of quality players needed in order to make a serious title challenge.

Title challenge is a ridiculous expectation IMO. Given that we are basically a whole new club this season, bar the stadium and training ground, I would be happy for us to finish in the top half and build on that for the following season. We need to build a team before we get promoted if we want to stay there, for example, look at Sunderland, up one season, down the next because there is little stability in their squad changing it from season to season. Then look at Reading, Coppell built a team up over 3-4 years and within their first season in the Prem, almost qualified for Europe. It wasn't luck, it was down to a good manager who had built a strong team together over a few seasons.

Title challenge is a ridiculous expectation IMO. Given that we are basically a whole new club this season, bar the stadium and training ground, I would be happy for us to finish in the top half and build on that for the following season. We need to build a team before we get promoted if we want to stay there, for example, look at Sunderland, up one season, down the next because there is little stability in their squad changing it from season to season. Then look at Reading, Coppell built a team up over 3-4 years and within their first season in the Prem, almost qualified for Europe. It wasn't luck, it was down to a good manager who had built a strong team together over a few seasons.
I can but hope cant I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00