The Bullplop Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Heath/Reid/Cork Dream Team?

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not:

Adrian Heath, who watched City's game versus Preston, is now rumoured to be the next manager of Leicester City.

Peter Reid is expected to be the Director Of Football with Alan Cork as reserve team boss with the appointment to be made on Monday.

The move comes after Milan Mandaric was thwarted in attempts to lure Iain Dowie and Paul Sturrock to the Crisp Bowl.

Heath who was seen as part of City's problems, not the solution, had two spells as caretaker manager during his time at Highfield Road and The Arena.
With the club unable to pay him,he had to be kept on by Micky Adams and stayed until February this year when Iain Dowie was appointed. Ironically, his last game in charge of City was a 3-0 defeat at Leicester City.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=352257

:biggrin: :081: :icon_lol:

Re: Heath/Reid/Cork Dream Team?

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not:

Adrian Heath, who watched City's game versus Preston, is now rumoured to be the next manager of Leicester City.

Peter Reid is expected to be the Director Of Football with Alan Cork as reserve team boss with the appointment to be made on Monday.

The move comes after Milan Mandaric was thwarted in attempts to lure Iain Dowie and Paul Sturrock to the Crisp Bowl.

Heath who was seen as part of City's problems, not the solution, had two spells as caretaker manager during his time at Highfield Road and The Arena.
With the club unable to pay him,he had to be kept on by Micky Adams and stayed until February this year when Iain Dowie was appointed. Ironically, his last game in charge of City was a 3-0 defeat at Leicester City.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=352257

With all the speculation of names rumoured to be taking the helm at the walkers stadium this supposed dream team of Reid,Heath and Cork is more of a nightmare than a dream.
There must be better candidates available than what is being linked.IMO if we end up making these the management team to guide us into the premiership I think it will be totally opposite and we will end up doing a Leeds and end up being relegated to league 1 and in financial dire straits and back into administration.
Normally when a manager is replaced they are replaced with someone who can do the job better and i just dont believe that any of the names(apart from Jewell) can do a better job than MA was doing.MM is asking us to believe in him which i am finding a struggle.
Please MM get a manager in that has suceeded at the higher level someone who haas more to his cv than putting together celebrity teams and an assistant that was seen to be the cause of covscums decline.

:018::018::018::018::018::018::icon_cry:

Derby County have started the search for a new manager even though Billy Davies is still in charge at the club. (Daily Mirror)

How about this for a theory? Milan is using his favourite newspaper - give or take the odd legal case - to unsettle billy Davis and get his man?

O.K., I don't think so either; but it does show just how easily conspiracies can be concocted. :081::081::081:

Derby County have started the search for a new manager even though Billy Davies is still in charge at the club. (Daily Mirror)

How about this for a theory? Milan is using his favourite newspaper - give or take the odd legal case - to unsettle billy Davis and get his man?

O.K., I don't think so either; but it does show just how easily conspiracies can be concocted. :081::081::081:
haha if derby sack davies after all he's done for there sh!t team it will make there descent all the more enjoyable for me :)

From our favourite rumours site .....

After his permanent transfer to Real Mallorca failed to materialise, and a loan move to Zaragoza fell through on transfer deadline day, Elvis Hammond is on the verge of moving to Luton on loan until January. The skillful Leicester City forward is then expected to sign a permanent deal with Luton should he impress, which he should do.

Last edited:
Isn't Milan flying back from the USA to interview on Monday, so any appointment tmrw is highly unlikely. Wed / Thurs I reckon. Warnock.

Isn't Milan flying back from the USA to interview on Monday, so any appointment tmrw is highly unlikely. Wed / Thurs I reckon. Warnock.

I think you could be just right there Treebeard, but I'm thinking Tues/Weds :icon_wink

From our favourite rumours site .....

My favourite bit/most unrealistic bit is the last line "if he impresses, which he should do". :icon_lol: Elvis impressing people AFTER they've seen him play!? :icon_lol: More likely that Elvis Hammond is actually Elvis Prestley in disguise, and that those deluded fans were right all these years and he really didn't die on the toilet, but just decided to move onto a career in "playing" football.

Last edited:

He was back on Saturday ..... I think he's met 1 or 2 today.

I think you could be just right there Treebeard, but I'm thinking Tues/Weds :icon_wink

Stop winking and making me think you know something and are actually hinting that something WILL happen on Tuesday rather than you just thinking that something MIGHT possibly happen on Tuesday because I then crushed when I find out that your casual wink was really nothing more than that and wasn't a hint that something WILL happen on Tuesday but was merely your opinion that something might happen on Tuesday!

Argh! :119:

He was back on Saturday ..... I think he's met 1 or 2 today.

oK. I suppose the way to look at this is that MMM (Meddling MM) has always come out successful in the past, so to doubt him now would be foolish. He knows his managers, and he'll appoint someone who is up to the job, not a populist choice the passionate fans may choose.

I still think Peter Reid would be a disaster and MM wouldn't appoint him in a million years. I said he'd never sack MA after 4 games too tho, so it's probably best not to listen to me.

Tuesday if they can get all the ends tied up by then. Wednesday if more time needed. At least MM now knows who will be coming. Not long to wait now.

Tuesday if they can get all the ends tied up by then. Wednesday if more time needed. At least MM now knows who will be coming. Not long to wait now.

:038::038:

Sounds like we've been speaking to the same person :icon_wink

:038::038:

Sounds like we've been speaking to the same person :icon_wink

If you've been speaking to the person that you spoke to last time, it's not the same person that I have been speaking to.

OK you feckers. Is this person coming someone promising?

I haven't been able to wheedle out who it is that's coming. Apparently it isn't the person that most people would hate to come here but there are going to be people who are disappointed.

No idea what the **** that means but it was all I was going to get. But I am certain that it is close.

Last edited:
I haven't been able to wheedle out who it is that's coming. Apparently it isn't the person that most people would hate to come here but there are going to be people who are disappointed.

No idea what the **** that means but it was all I was going to get. But I am certain that it is close.

so not Warnock then?

so not Warnock then?

I *think* I was being told not Peter Reid. I think he would be the most unpopular choice of the managers that have been rumoured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669