The champagne on ice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As ever I bow to your superior logic :038:

Do you think I'd make it through the turnstile with a big spade ?

If this is a racist joke in the making...

If I posted my first reaction to that I'd probably have to infract myself.

You, of all people, should know that the forum software does not allow for moderators and above to be infracted.

It takes 10 mins to get down the steps after a game on a normal matchday. Unless you're on the first 3 rows you've got no chance of invading the pitch.

If I posted my first reaction to that I'd probably have to infract myself.

Just infract Homer then and be done with it. He knew very well what he was typing the dirty racist!

I will definetly try and invade the pitch if everyone else does, I'm going to try and knick a corner flag, the penalty spot and the goals. Seriously though I'm hopeful there is one never been on the walkers pitch.

Running on the pitch is a spontaneous thing, borne out of the adrenaline of getting the points necessary to go up/stay up etc. - hardly fits the bill for a game where we are already promoted, and already crowned as Champions

Far better to sit back, applaud politely and listen to the inevitable renditions of Rocking All Over The World and Simply The Best that I assume is the planned celebration format from our marvellous LCFC celebration committee

I think you find Elvis will be coming back and singing one of his songs. My money is on "all shook up" or "in the ghetto".

I will definetly try and invade the pitch if everyone else does, I'm going to try and knick a corner flag, the penalty spot and the goals. Seriously though I'm hopeful there is one never been on the walkers pitch.

Out of interest why are you hopeful? I personally don't see the point in them, but as homer said when they do happen they are spontanious, not pre-planned.

Out of interest why are you hopeful? I personally don't see the point in them, but as homer said when they do happen they are spontanious, not pre-planned.

Because I want to greet the players. Also I want to go on the Walkers stadium pitch. And I bet they are pre planned often. I bet you that Wolves fans were sayin they would run on the pitch of they won.

apparantly anyone who invades the pitch will be banned. that'll be interesting should 10,000 people make there way on to the pitch! i hope nobody does it. I much prefer see the players parade the trophy round the pitch.

Here's a quiz question for all you lcfc anoraks:
Who was the last captain to win a league trophy with leicester?

Because I want to greet the players. Also I want to go on the Walkers stadium pitch. And I bet they are pre planned often. I bet you that Wolves fans were sayin they would run on the pitch of they won.

Aren't you concerned that we will miss out on seeing the league trophey presented? Also if people rush the pitch the players will be gone sharpish, if you wanted to meet them you should have gone tonight.

I expect an announcement along the lines of "please all stay in your seats at the end and the players will be presented with the trophey and do a lap of honour" etc

Aren't you concerned that we will miss out on seeing the league trophey presented? Also if people rush the pitch the players will be gone sharpish, if you wanted to meet them you should have gone tonight.

I expect an announcement along the lines of "please all stay in your seats at the end and the players will be presented with the trophey and do a lap of honour" etc

Ye that is very true it is a little bit selfish of me. It's just somethings I want to do, because im young and immature probably !! I am really looking forward to seeing the trophy being presented. If there is not one on Friday I demand one v Crewe !!

Ye that is very true it is a little bit selfish of me. It's just somethings I want to do, because im young and immature probably !! I am really looking forward to seeing the trophy being presented. If there is not one on Friday I demand one v Crewe !!

If you and a bunch of other muppets run on to the pitch and stop them from presenting the trophy you won't be in much of a position to 'demand' anything!

It's pointless IMO, promotion is already signed and sealed, there's nothing to play for in this game except pride - why bother invading the pitch? It's just stupid. I could see the point if we secured promotion on Friday, but it's done and dusted now. All it'll do is piss off the players as they won't get the chance to be presented with the trophy in front of the fans and it'll piss off the rest of the fans who have come down to see the lads get the trophy.

People only tend to run on the pitch when its that game that secures a promotion, title or survival though not the game after

edit: already been said

Last edited:
I don't understand. What is so great about invading the pitch at the end of the game? What is better about going on to the pitch rather than cheering in the stands? :icon_conf

Try it and see.

Really, we should all be stood 6 deep at the edge of the pitch waiting for the final whistle. Couple of brief incursions as people wrongly assume the ref has blown for time before a full-on charge when the game is finally up.

Try it and see.

Really, we should all be stood 6 deep at the edge of the pitch waiting for the final whistle. Couple of brief incursions as people wrongly assume the ref has blown for time before a full-on charge when the game is finally up.

Perhaps it is just me but it just seems incredibly moronic. As I have no intention of trying it I suppose I shall just have to be ignorant of the life changing experience that is runiing on to a football pitch. :icon_wink

Maybe it could be done in the same way as the last game at Filbo. After the full time whistle everyone stayed in their seats and the "Leicester legends" were wheeled out, and after that everyone piled onto the pitch for a bit of a laugh. Seemed perfectly harmless when done properly.

Perhaps it is just me but it just seems incredibly moronic. As I have no intention of trying it I suppose I shall just have to be ignorant of the life changing experience that is runiing on to a football pitch. :icon_wink

Perhaps it is just you. Expressions of joy, of pleasure, or even of just fun should have at least the hint of unboundedness. Even if it is merely the tamed anarchy of running on the pitch after the game has finished. :034:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566