The coffee's here .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Anyone ready to wake up and smell it yet???

Levein must go now for the good of the club. I can't bear to see us sliding towards League 1 any more.

We tried and it hasn't worked out. Now lets get someone in with some knowledge of the english game who can instill some passion in to this squad.

Ron ATkinson

Intially I was against Levein and many people were against on that but I looked at his plus points but now tonight;s events have firmly established my opinion.

Sack the wanker!

Hazzman said:
Ron ATkinson

Intially I was against Levein and many people were against on that but I looked at his plus points but now tonight;s events have firmly established my opinion.

Sack the wanker!

No

i didnt mind CL wen he came to the club and even the players he has got are not bad atall.... yes i even have a soft spot for MDV...

BUT theres sumthing not going rite... i mean he obviously has sum sort of dislike for nissa and a love 'thing' with kisnorbo

i agree giv him the next 2 matches maybe more, depends who he brings in, in Jan to get the good and change it round, if he dont then its gotta change..

i no were not a pure prem side, were a bit of a yoyo club, but its a yoyo with the prem not L1, any1 has to admit.... its in the back of ur mind to get sum1 new.....

:(

DurhamFox said:
There you go City fans, the answers are all here...

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~760853,00.html

We just need to hang around for another 2-3 years and hope it all comes together. Let's just hope we dont need a promotion push next season to get us back to where we started.

from that article

City boss Craig Levein says his players will have learnt a few valuable lessons after they went down 2-0 to table toppers Reading at the Madejski Stadium on Wednesday night

I think it is Craig who needs to learn a few valuable lessons

DurhamFox said:
There you go City fans, the answers are all here...

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~760853,00.html

We just need to hang around for another 2-3 years and hope it all comes together. Let's just hope we dont need a promotion push next season to get us back to where we started.

Yes - I read the article and I'm beginning to feel sorry for him. He just doesn't know what to say any more so falls into suggesting that we put up with things for 2 or 3 years whilst he empties the ground.

He is a very negative manager who can hack it north of the border but he will never achieve anything in a more competitive environment.

CL talks of a lack of confidence in the team. If the team is being chopped and changed every game (5 tonight!) how can the players build a rapport with each other and so gain that confidence in each other as well as their own play?:102:

xsubmariner said:
CL talks of a lack of confidence in the team. If the team is being chopped and changed every game (5 tonight!) how can the players build a rapport with each other and so gain that confidence in each other as well as their own play?:102:

You've defended him for most of the time xsub, do i detect that even you are losing the faith ?:102:

And his team selection IMO was an insult to the fans, we have the 5th highest budget and some decent footballers, and yet he deems it necessary to negate all chance we had of taking the game to Reading and trying to win by choosing to leave out Smith, Hume and Hammond.

And the result we still get feckin beat, whatever tactics he chooses and whatever players he implements it just doesnt work often enough, yes bad luck might cost you a few games a season, but we have won 20% YES 20% of our league matches and in a league which is competitive but by no means packed with quality.

I think the time is right now, can we afford another 2, 3, 4 or more games to go begging, we are in deep shit, have a look around Brighton, Crewe and to a lesser extent Millwall have been in this position before, they know what it takes to survive, many of our players let alone the manager has never experienced this type of pressure and I fear we are starting to buckle, we are in freefall and we need a manager who can come in and turn what is a fairly decent squad into a TEAM.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
And his team selection IMO was an insult to the fans, we have the 5th highest budget and some decent footballers, and yet he deems it necessary to negate all chance we had of taking the game to Reading and trying to win by choosing to leave out Smith, Hume and Hammond.

And the result we still get feckin beat, whatever tactics he chooses and whatever players he implements it just doesnt work often enough, yes bad luck might cost you a few games a season, but we have won 20% YES 20% of our league matches and in a league which is competitive but by no means packed with quality.

I think the time is right now, can we afford another 2, 3, 4 or more games to go begging, we are in deep shit, have a look around Brighton, Crewe and to a lesser extent Millwall have been in this position before, they know what it takes to survive, many of our players let alone the manager has never experienced this type of pressure and I fear we are starting to buckle, we are in freefall and we need a manager who can come in and turn what is a fairly decent squad into a TEAM.

I think a quality coach might do the job. Someone to inspirse the team and to strike fear into them aswell!A steve walford would be great about now:icon_conf

I don't care who replaces him, it can't be any worse surely?

MKFox said:
I don't care who replaces him, it can't be any worse surely?

You had better get the pink lycra out the wardrobe, MK, sounds like you have joined the Prophets of Doom.

'our' dave penney

But who is too say that any of the three named above would have done worse than Levein, I remember Jim Smith taking over at Derby, and there being a hell of a lot of raised eyebrows, what did he do, got them promoted and then managed to keep them up for a few seasons.

Too many people have been blinded by the fact Levein is young and he picks on the whole young players and he keeps refering to a long term plan, that is all very good but I am sure Taylor had a long term plan as well, it was clear he was working so we got rid and tried to regroup, I feel we must now take a similar course of action, but he is also the manager who has taken us to 20th place and into a potential relegation dogfight, just because a manager is young doesnt mean he is going to be the next MON, what we need now is a manager who will come in and steady the ship, grind out results and build some much needed confidence, this season is now about survival and after that it is about progression, for the remainder of this season we need a manager with a bit of know how, a wylie old fox, who knows and understands about football at this level. If that means appointing a short term remedy in the shape of a Bassett, Smith or Gregory type then so be it.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
But who is too say that any of the three named above would have done worse than Levein, I remember Jim Smith taking over at Derby, and there being a hell of a lot of raised eyebrows, what did he do, got them promoted and then managed to keep them up for a few seasons.

Too many people have been blinded by the fact Levein is young and he picks on the whole young players and he keeps refering to a long term plan, that is all very good but I am sure Taylor had a long term plan as well, it was clear he was working so we got rid and tried to regroup, I feel we must now take a similar course of action, but he is also the manager who has taken us to 20th place and into a potential relegation dogfight, just because a manager is young doesnt mean he is going to be the next MON, what we need now is a manager who will come in and steady the ship, grind out results and build some much needed confidence, this season is now about survival and after that it is about progression, for the remainder of this season we need a manager with a bit of know how, a wylie old fox, who knows and understands about football at this level. If that means appointing a short term remedy in the shape of a Bassett, Smith or Gregory type then so be it.

Denis Wise is available also....

Boy Genius said:
Denis Wise is available also....

What are your reasons for supporting Levein then BG, and if you were backed into a corner who would you appoint as a replacement ?

Most of the posters who have stated they want Levein out have actually given positive and negatives of his tenure but have explain their reasoning, I would just like to try and understand what has happened this season to convince you he will turn it around ?

By the way I noticed on my previous post it said that Taylor "was working" it should have said "wasnt working" ! Sorry !

Last edited:
I'm in a minority of one here, I know, but with the candidates out there, I'd stick with what we've got. Reasons?
a) The Sheff.U performance. Surely we can produce that a few times.
b) The upheaval a new coach/temporary manager would bring.
c) Sheer blind, probably stupid, optomism.

Right, the men in the white coats are coming for me now.:redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570