The coffee's here .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
What are your reasons for supporting Levein then BG, and if you were backed into a corner who would you appoint as a replacement ?

Most of the posters who have stated they want Levein out have actually given positive and negatives of his tenure but have explain their reasoning, I would just like to try and understand what has happened this season to convince you he will turn it around ?

By the way I noticed on my previous post it said that Taylor "was working" it should have said "wasnt working" ! Sorry !

If you want my true opinion on CL, then it is not very high. I have been baffled by some of his tactics for a long long time. But I tend to look on things in a business sense, and I do not think the club will move and get rid of him, purely on the financial side of things.
I do know that recently he and his staff did a presentation to the board, to show them what and why things were being done and what was in place for the future. They left the meeting with all the board happy of what was going off. How long the board can stay in this state is nobodies guess.
I cannot see the point in getting up tight about things when we know very well that the board have not and will not listen to the fans. If I employed CL by now he would have been told he has a fixed amount of time to start showing me his 3 year plan is working. Improvement has to be started to be seen, not in the last week of 36 months!!!
At the very earliest I cannot see the club getting rid before March, I personally think he will go in the summer.

Real Sharapova said:
I'm in a minority of one here, I know, but with the candidates out there, I'd stick with what we've got. Reasons?
a) The Sheff.U performance. Surely we can produce that a few times.
b) The upheaval a new coach/temporary manager would bring.
c) Sheer blind, probably stupid, optomism.

Right, the men in the white coats are coming for me now.:redface:

In response.....

a) It was a one off, a glimpse of what this squad could be capable of, there was even the odd good performance under Taylor, surely the fact that was our only win in the last 10 games proves something. Perhaps a new manager could get that type of performance out of this squad 2 games out of 3.

b) There is nothing to say a new coach / temporary manager would bring upheaval, they may just tinker here, tweak there, at the end of the day, the likelihood is Levein will bring at least 3 players in the transfer window, so IMO I dont believe that to be an argument, and anyway we possibly need someone to come in and shake a few of these feckers up, because it aint working at the moment.

c) Your only sane response !

"You've defended him for most of the time xsub, do i detect that even you are losing the faith ?"

Frustrated mate, I can't see how keep changing the team by as many players as he does is going to help things :102:

PFKAKTF FOX said:
In response.....

a) It was a one off, a glimpse of what this squad could be capable of, there was even the odd good performance under Taylor, surely the fact that was our only win in the last 10 games proves something. Perhaps a new manager could get that type of performance out of this squad 2 games out of 3.

Somewhere in the depths of the archives, I did say that the Sheff Utd game could or would be a flash in the pan game, when everybody else was planning wiping the floor with every other team. When we beat Watford away it was the same, followed by weeks of heart ache

Perhaps a new bloke would get more passion out of them, there again he might be worse.

Boy Genius said:
If you want my true opinion on CL, then it is not very high. I have been baffled by some of his tactics for a long long time. But I tend to look on things in a business sense, and I do not think the club will move and get rid of him, purely on the financial side of things.
I do know that recently he and his staff did a presentation to the board, to show them what and why things were being done and what was in place for the future. They left the meeting with all the board happy of what was going off. How long the board can stay in this state is nobodies guess.
I cannot see the point in getting up tight about things when we know very well that the board have not and will not listen to the fans. If I employed CL by now he would have been told he has a fixed amount of time to start showing me his 3 year plan is working. Improvement has to be started to be seen, not in the last week of 36 months!!!
At the very earliest I cannot see the club getting rid before March, I personally think he will go in the summer.

Great post BG, my concerns are now heighten by the fact that the board are being blinded by this long term planning, it is all very well and good having plans for the future and I agree with what Levein has attempted to do in principle, however my concerns lie in not his blueprint for the future which I actually believe will bear fruit eventually, but his team selections, tactics and results on the pitch.

Whilst laying foundations for the future is a very important job, surely his first job is to secure and stabilise the short term future, and currently he is failing to deliver that, if this short term objective is not reached then IMO all his long term plans will disintregrate anyway. The board seem to be being diverted by this smokescreen that is a long term vision, and it appears that too much attention is being paid to what may happen in 3 years as oppose to what is directly happening now.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
In response.....

b) There is nothing to say a new coach / temporary manager would bring upheaval, they may just tinker here, tweak there, at the end of the day, the likelihood is Levein will bring at least 3 players in the transfer window, so IMO I dont believe that to be an argument, and anyway we possibly need someone to come in and shake a few of these feckers up, because it aint working at the moment.

c) Your only sane response !
Maybe your right, but I would add in respect of performances, the Leeds aways game, which I went to, and the Stoke away game that I watched on the telly. I may be looking through blue tinted specs here, but six points from those games would not have been an injustice. It's the old story, and this may be CL's epitaph, but in many respects he has been plain unlucky, but when you're down you are down. As I said, I want him to stay, but I suspect he may be off in three or four games, unless we start producing some wins.:icon_cry:

We need to know what Bernie thinks.....:icon_conf

When he starts to moan then the time is right for change:icon_bigg

Boy Genius said:
We need to know what Bernie thinks.....:icon_conf

When he starts to moan then the time is right for change:icon_bigg
I shall be wearing with pride my Bernie " Leicester in the sh*t " t-shirt on Saturday.:icon_razz

Real Sharapova said:
I shall be wearing with pride my Bernie " Leicester in the sh*t " t-shirt on Saturday.:icon_razz

Complete with bad face paint and jesters hat?:icon_razz

Boy Genius said:
Complete with bad face paint and jesters hat?:icon_razz
Bad face, yes, manky jesters hat, no. Also, I couldn't rival the Bernmeister in another respect, as I plan on showering and wearing clean clothes.:)

Real Sharapova said:
Bad face, yes, manky jesters hat, no. Also, I couldn't rival the Bernmeister in another respect, as I plan on showering and wearing clean clothes.:)

Spoil Sport !

Real Sharapova said:
I'm in a minority of one here, I know, but with the candidates out there, I'd stick with what we've got. Reasons?
a) The Sheff.U performance. Surely we can produce that a few times.
b) The upheaval a new coach/temporary manager would bring.
c) Sheer blind, probably stupid, optomism.

Right, the men in the white coats are coming for me now.:redface:

a) No man is an island and that sticks out as a single island of good performance.

b) The Chinese use the same word for both 'crisis' and 'opportunity'.

c) Fair enough. :icon_wink ;)

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Spoil Sport !
I'm travelling up on the 11.55 with the London Branch, and as I'd like admittance to the card table, I just thought smelling like someone entering a " Crisis at Christmas " soup and brush-up shelter would not go down too well.

Last edited:
Ive stuck up for craig levein for good long time but after a very long time in charge he has acheived absoloutely **** all, yeh hes lowered the average age and wage bill of the squad, the team isnt a bad one but he lacks the passion and motivation that a) gives a team that killier instinct and drive to win matches and be successful and more importantly b) win in a relagation battle which whether CL admits it we are in. Its time for a change else it will be to late

xsubmariner said:
"You've defended him for most of the time xsub, do i detect that even you are losing the faith ?"

Frustrated mate, I can't see how keep changing the team by as many players as he does is going to help things :102:

I'm well aware that I'm now in a Minority and no doubt people think that I'm blind when it comes to Craig leveins failings but I for one (and probably the only one) had no problem with last nights team selection.We've got 4 games to play in 8 days,the game we had the least chance of winning would of IMO been last nights so it makes sense to me to rest some of your more influential players in order that they are fresh for the two remaining games that we have a fair chance of winning.Not many players can play 4 matches in 8 days all the way through,CL needed to rest Smith,Hume,Hammond at some point and IMO last night was the right time to rest them.Replacing them with Sylla amd Hammill is less understandable but who else was there?
I'd expect two out of Smith,Hume and Hammond to start on Saturday and probably all three.As for Kisnorbo it was either him or Stearman for Left back,he opted for Kisnorbo.He was on a hiding to nothing last night Win and people would say 'Fluke Result' Draw-'Point is no good,we need three'' Lose (against the League Leaders Away)-'He useless,should have played his strongest side,nothing to lose'
He does have many failings and he's made many mistakes but IMO last nights team selection wasn't one of them.
I'll now adjust my Tin Hat in order to repel the flak I'm about to be bombarded with

highland fox said:
I'm well aware that I'm now in a Minority and no doubt people think that I'm blind when it comes to Craig leveins failings but I for one (and probably the only one) had no problem with last nights team selection.We've got 4 games to play in 8 days,the game we had the least chance of winning would of IMO been last nights so it makes sense to me to rest some of your more influential players in order that they are fresh for the two remaining games that we have a fair chance of winning.Not many players can play 4 matches in 8 days all the way through,CL needed to rest Smith,Hume,Hammond at some point and IMO last night was the right time to rest them.Replacing them with Sylla amd Hammill is less understandable but who else was there?
I'd expect two out of Smith,Hume and Hammond to start on Saturday and probably all three.As for Kisnorbo it was either him or Stearman for Left back,he opted for Kisnorbo.He was on a hiding to nothing last night Win and people would say 'Fluke Result' Draw-'Point is no good,we need three'' Lose (against the League Leaders Away)-'He useless,should have played his strongest side,nothing to lose'
He does have many failings and he's made many mistakes but IMO last nights team selection wasn't one of them.
I'll now adjust my Tin Hat in order to repel the flak I'm about to be bombarded with
I'm with you on this one, just entering my nuclear :icon_sad: bunker.........................................

highland fox said:

Fair play H, I respect you for sticking by your opinions of the man, I actually agreed with the 4 - 5 - 1 formation but no way would I have sacrificed all 3 of Hume, Hammond and Smith in one game, the rest of his selections I was not too fazed with, but why couldnt he have used the 4 games to rest one each of the 3, so maintaining some freshness and reducing the likelihood of injury but by still keeping a cutting edge and an ability to win the match.

I know Reading have lost only once this season, but they are hardly fecking Chelsea and last night we showed them far too much respect, that team selection sent out the message that we were scared sh1tless, why not have picked say Hammond and Hume or Hume and Smith as the players to play off De Vries and at least have a go, in this division most teams are capable of beating each other and that includes Reading. All this has done is meant he has rested all 3 and we now have only taken a point from our 2 xmas games and it is another match gone and another that has if only's.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Fair play H, I respect you for sticking by your opinions of the man, I actually agreed with the 4 - 5 - 1 formation but no way would I have sacrificed all 3 of Hume, Hammond and Smith in one game, the rest of his selections I was not too fazed with, but why couldnt he have used the 4 games to rest one each of the 3, so maintaining some freshness and reducing the likelihood of injury but by still keeping a cutting edge and an ability to win the match.

I know Reading have lost only once this season, but they are hardly fecking Chelsea and last night we showed them far too much respect, that team selection sent out the message that we were scared sh1tless, why not have picked say Hammond and Hume or Hume and Smith as the players to play off De Vries and at least have a go, in this division most teams are capable of beating each other and that includes Reading. All this has done is meant he has rested all 3 and we now have only taken a point from our 2 xmas games and it is another match gone and another that has if only's.

Sorry PFKAKTF but I think at the moment 'The Levein Out Brigade' are using any stick they can find to beat him with.However we are all entitled to our opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566