Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently O'Grady is joining Brighton, which would of course leave Ulloa free to become a Fox
You'd like to think Ulloa is a done deal after all the faffing on price with the club. Slimani is really interesting. He was quick and dangerous in every game I saw him play in the world cup. Him, Nugent, Ulloa, Vardy and Campbell with Wood out on loan would be a good set of fwds to start the season with.
Brahimi who plays at Granada was also excellent in a sort of Knocakaert, Mahrez sort of role. He'd be a great signing if we're looking at Algeria.

You'd like to think Ulloa is a done deal after all the faffing on price with the club. Slimani is really interesting. He was quick and dangerous in every game I saw him play in the world cup. Him, Nugent, Ulloa, Vardy and Campbell with Wood out on loan would be a good set of fwds to start the season with.
Brahimi who plays at Granada was also excellent in a sort of Knocakaert, Mahrez sort of role. He'd be a great signing if we're looking at Algeria.
In an article in The Guardian reviewing world cup transfer prospects, Slimani was in the 'avoid' camp. Very hit and miss at club-level, apparently.

Just look at this absolute load of gash, written by some chimp on the Leicester Mercury site.

"Yes this could be the biggest folly since Henry the eighth said "ah Anne Boleyn she's the gal for me". Pearson's come good with most signings but this is a big ask. Ulloa won't put himself about and that's sometimes forgiven with City fans although it wasn't with Yakubu and if the guy doesn't find the net either they will soon turn on him. I'm certain that most on here would rather have a premier striker like Vardy running around and busting a gut than one that scores goals but doesn't put a shift in like the Yak. This guy has a lot now on his shoulders they'd better be broad. Premier full backs are mainly solid ours are not. There will be a lot more action at the opposite end of the pitch to where he hangs out"

Just look at this absolute load of gash, written by some chimp on the Leicester Mercury site.

"Yes this could be the biggest folly since Henry the eighth said "ah Anne Boleyn she's the gal for me". Pearson's come good with most signings but this is a big ask. Ulloa won't put himself about and that's sometimes forgiven with City fans although it wasn't with Yakubu and if the guy doesn't find the net either they will soon turn on him. I'm certain that most on here would rather have a premier striker like Vardy running around and busting a gut than one that scores goals but doesn't put a shift in like the Yak. This guy has a lot now on his shoulders they'd better be broad. Premier full backs are mainly solid ours are not. There will be a lot more action at the opposite end of the pitch to where he hangs out"

It started off like a classic Gwillian post, but sadly tailed off.

Re: Islam Slimani

I wish we'd get linked with some goddamn full-backs already.

It seems unlikely that we would try and sign a player on the back of the WC. I think we would have planned far more in advance than that.

Exactly what I thought, we seem to watch players for a good amount of time before moving on them.

In other news there was an Algerian left back at the Marriott today.

Surprised by the amount of strikers linked with us.

A lot of people seem to have assumed we'll play one up top, and we know Pearson wants a strong physical presence up front - hence the move for Ulloa, the links with Connor Wickham, etc.

However the move for Frazier Campbell and apparently for Slimani (story is also in the Mail today) makes it seem like we're in the market for a different type of striker as well.

If we're looking to bring in two new strikers, and we've just given new contracts to Nugent and Vardy, I'd suspect that Pearson is still planning for two up front more often than not.

Chris Wood must surely be on his way out the door?

Akinbiyi the Prem's greatest ever flop? Not even close

Yeah Torres for £50mil and a worse goalscoring record at Chelsea with much better creative players is nothing compared to the flop of Akinbiyi...

I'd be more concerned about how we're going to do if wee're thinking Ulloa "adds a bit of pace up front". Considering Nugent and Vardy are both much faster than him. I assumed we signed him as a target man to play alongside Nugent/Vardy.

Last edited:
There's so much wrong with that article. Sorry I posted it. I was annoyed and wanted other people to also be annoyed (I'm having one of those Mondays.)

The lack of flare players commented is just rubbish too.

I doubt even Nicky Banger would help us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669