Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he's better than Schlupp at LB. Not saying much, but whether we sold him on or not we need another one bringing in. I don't think Schlupp reads the game well enough in defence...

Well he's better than Schlupp at LB. Not saying much, but whether we sold him on or not we need another one bringing in. I don't think Schlupp reads the game well enough in defence...

He doesn't read the game well enough full stop

Schlupp is too inexperienced to playing Premier League ; he will only get experience if he plays in the Premier League. Is this what those members on "the cutting edge" call a Catch 22?

We need an experienced quality left back. A large number of us have noticed this. It would be surprising if Nigel and Steve Walsh Sr have not noticed this. In "the days of high adventure" under Martin Allen the club leaked like a LibDem cabinet minister. These days the management team is tight knit and very professional. Fans do not know what is going on behind the scenes and this can be very frustrating but does anyone want Martin Allen back.

Does a novel published in 1961 really count as cutting edge? You're getting older by the minute, DG!

Schlupp is too inexperienced to playing Premier League ; he will only get experience if he plays in the Premier League. Is this what those members on "the cutting edge" call a Catch 22?

We need an experienced quality left back. A large number of us have noticed this. It would be surprising if Nigel and Steve Walsh Sr have not noticed this. In "the days of high adventure" under Martin Allen the club leaked like a LibDem cabinet minister. These days the management team is tight knit and very professional. Fans do not know what is going on behind the scenes and this can be very frustrating but does anyone want Martin Allen back.

It's not a catch-22 at all. We should loan Schlupp out to a Championship side that will play him regularly at left back until January. Then he'll have time to learn and we'll get to know whether he's actually cut out for the role or not. In order to do this, we need a new first choice left back to join though. Waiting, waiting.

It's unfair to lay the blame for MAs recruitment policy at his door. My main criticism of him would be that he relinquished control over the recruitment to Mad Mandy and his cronies who were allegedly laundering a lot more than the kits that summer. MA was out of his depth at City but he probably found out about our signings later than we did.

Konchesky signed a new deal because he made so many appearances for the club and it triggered a clause in his previous deal. As did Morgan and GTF.

It's August

We're doomed!

It's August

We're doomed!

I know. It's August and there is absolutely no sign of the 'Joe_Fox made up horse shit betting system 2014/2015'. How the hell am I supposed to make a living next year without the advice and imaginary updates from a fantasist? Come on Joe, I've got loads of cash just waiting to be pissed away here.

I know there's two weeks to go, but does nobody think the lack of ANY centre-back being linked is a bit odd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669