Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit, despite normally deploring people getting angst-ridden over a lack of signings, I am starting to query our lack of defensive additions. Only two weeks left.

There is every possibility that our targets are unable to move until their parent team replaces them. I don't think there have been many lower level premier league defensive moves so far?

Last edited:
I too hope he has plans. But at least we won't be getting Dabizas, Howey or John ****ing Curtis this time.

I too hope he has plans. But at least we won't be getting Dabizas, Howey or John ****ing Curtis this time.

I hope we don't end up with Michael Dawson either. I'm still perplexed as to why Spurs sold Caulker and kept him.

Getting closer according this Portuguese paper: http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=492931

According to Google...

Leicester close to hiring Slimani

Islam Slimani can leave Sporting in the coming hours. According to the newspaper A BOLA, Leicester prepares to make an offer of € 8 million by the Algerian striker, a proposal that may render the coffers Lions further two million by objectives.

The player did not follow the team to Egypt and since the leaders of the club will not place high barriers to exit.

Don't get the 'status' Jenkinson and Bertrand have. Average players but because they played for a top four club, there is an elevated opinion of them. If either were good players, they wouldn't have joined West Ham and Southampton. Two teams which look very probable to be down scraping against relegation.

Not to mention that Jenkinson has injured himself already.

As many others have said, I was a little concerned by our lack of midfield and particularly defensive signings, but if the rumours of a new offer for Deeney AND this lad Slimani are true, I shall be looking forward to regular 97 - 96 victories all season! :icon_bigg

Slimani would potentially be a great signing but again not in line with the policy we were given at the start of pre season. Makes you wonder just how many targets we have missed out on.

Slimani would potentially be a great signing but again not in line with the policy we were given at the start of pre season. Makes you wonder just how many targets we have missed out on.

Maybe, but we've been linked with him for a little while now. Doesn't seem like much of a knee-jerk one to me - he'll add quality for sure.

If we're basing signings on the sticker book collecting fantasies of a young football fan then it's a dream when a World Cup star like Slimani is born and he signs for your side.

Like El Hadji Diouf when he signed for Liverpool.

Obviously it goes completely against Pearson's usual signing tactics and he might even end being crap.

Like El Hadji Dioug when he signed for Liverpool.

As many others have said, I was a little concerned by our lack of midfield and particularly defensive signings, but if the rumours of a new offer for Deeney AND this lad Slimani are true, I shall be looking forward to regular 97 - 96 victories all season! :icon_bigg

For a similar price, isn't Deeney a better option based on their scoring records?

is the portugese first division a higher standard than the championship ? i wonder if less technical players are more easily found out at PL level.

I mentioned this before, but:

Islam Slimani, Algeria and Sporting

The striker looked good for his country, scoring goals, holding the ball up and working himself to breaking point in the last-16 loss to Germany, but he’s been wildly inconsistent for Sporting – only eight goals in 26 games – and will cost a pretty penny. New-boys Leicester are credited with an interest, a £10m bid could be a costly error.

From here: http://www.theguardian.com/football...ld-cup-2014-transfer-transfers-premier-league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669