The enigma of Kaebi

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, Hossein can manage "good morning", "how are you?" and "can I have a drink, please?" plus something he's picked up from the Walkers Stadium crowd: "Ooooooooooooh, you're shit, aaaaaaaaaaaaaah."

Great paragraph.

I really think he should get a go, i want him to play as i have heard he is a good player.

can only see him leaving in jan

playing devils advocate here, but assuming he really is good enough to be in the team, i'd think that there are 2 major reasons for his lack of opportunities.

obviously the language problem, although if this was the major reason then i'd still have expected a few sub appearances. however the more likely version in my opinion is this - we allegedly signed him from under the noses of some big clubs, if this is true then i can only assume we offered his former club a better deal, probably a load of add ons including sell on fees, appearance based fees etc.

Milan like to splash his cash sensibly, i think theres something in the idea that the deal includes substantial payments based on appearances and Milan won't pay it until Kaebi's got the language going and settled in. In addition if the big clubs were in for him and he got off to a flier he'd be off in january without a doubt, maybe its MM protecting his investment?

playing devils advocate here, but assuming he really is good enough to be in the team, i'd think that there are 2 major reasons for his lack of opportunities.

obviously the language problem, although if this was the major reason then i'd still have expected a few sub appearances. however the more likely version in my opinion is this - we allegedly signed him from under the noses of some big clubs, if this is true then i can only assume we offered his former club a better deal, probably a load of add ons including sell on fees, appearance based fees etc.

Milan like to splash his cash sensibly, i think theres something in the idea that the deal includes substantial payments based on appearances and Milan won't pay it until Kaebi's got the language going and settled in. In addition if the big clubs were in for him and he got off to a flier he'd be off in january without a doubt, maybe its MM protecting his investment?

Your first point - maybe. Your second - I doubt it

We've got a great player but we're not going to play him in case anybody sees him??? :102:

I think its more to do with him being a luxury player, it would be nice to give him the freedom to fancy dan around down the right wing, but at the lower reaches of the championships solid defences win you games not wing backs who can go faster than a bolt of lightening.

Your first point - maybe. Your second - I doubt it

i wouldn't rule it out, look at milan's major signings at pompey, yakubu was on loan first before signing. from what i know there are rules regarding loans of young players from outside the EU, maybe a loan wasn't possible, so an appearance based fee was agreed to enable us to get him over without risking millions if he couldn't handle the physicality of the english game. I may well be miles off, but the reports all seem to suggest he's very good, and is a natural wing back - vital part of our current system and a position we're using the old square pegs in round holes approach with. his absence implies something in the bigger picture than his training and ability in my opinion

i wouldn't rule it out, look at milan's major signings at pompey, yakubu was on loan first before signing. from what i know there are rules regarding loans of young players from outside the EU, maybe a loan wasn't possible, so an appearance based fee was agreed to enable us to get him over without risking millions if he couldn't handle the physicality of the english game. I may well be miles off, but the reports all seem to suggest he's very good, and is a natural wing back - vital part of our current system and a position we're using the old square pegs in round holes approach with. his absence implies something in the bigger picture than his training and ability in my opinion

Not the fact he's a 4 stone midget who's going to get destroyed by the physical nature of the Championship if he plays?

Kaebi's new position to avoid transfer from Leicester City

To avoid selling newly signed Hossein Kaebi from Leicester City, Leicester coach intends to use Kaebi in a different position on the pitch. Hossein Kaebi, who was signed by Leicester City on July 5th, spent most of his time on bench after Martin Allen's dismissal from the club soon after Kaebi's arrival at the club. Leicester's new coach, is currently using an English player in position of Kaebi, who in fact has showed great fitness, and that had lead to Kaebi's bench warming.

With Kaebi's time on bench, there were rumours of being transferred to another English team, but Milan Mandaric, Leicester City's Managing Director, expressed his support for Kaebi and indicated they have no intention of selling Kaebi. Therefore, after Leicester's win over Coventry last week, Leicester's coach,Gary Megson, used Kaebi in a new position in team trainings, further up in the right wing and the same position he was playing in Perspolis.

After meeting with Club Managing Director, Gary Megson, announced that if Kaebi can show his strength in this new position, he will play him in future games for Leicester City.

Win over Covscum? Did I miss summat?

They must mean the game next week (22/10/07) :icon_conf. I think we win that one 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669