The enigma of Kaebi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if I'm missing some genius performances from him that others have seen, but he seemed to me against Watford to be the epitome of a 'fish out of water'. Reports from the reserves haven't exactly raved about him either.

He clearly knows nothing of the European style of football. He will take several months training/playing in reserve fixtures to be ready for the Championship. We'll not know for a long time whether he's any good or not.

I look at it a bit like sending someone like Kisnorbo to play in Brazil. Amongst the many adjustments required, he'd have to learn to pass the ball.

Kaebi has to learn the ugly side of our game; the tracking back, positional play etc. In order to do this, he needs to be able to understand what we're trying to teach him, and want to do it.

All in all I think it was a pretty dumb transfer to do. We're not well equipped to deal with someone like Kaebi (as Birch's intention to take him out on the piss emphasises). If he appears in a few months and takes the place by storm, I'll be the first to hold my hands up. However, his poor performances for his own National side in recent games (such as the Asia Cup where he only got 45 mins and then was taken off for being shite) suggest that he's extremely average.

He sounds as though he can be a decent player but maybe he is playing in the wrong country. English football is obviously very physical and far better players than Kaebi have failed to come to terms with it. Maybe French football would have been more suitable for him:102:

He needs to put in some weight 12 year olds are 9 stone. He would be flattened in the championship.

The weight argument is utter pish. There have been light players make it in all leagues.

This from our Iranian correspondents. ;)

Leicester officials resist Kaebi's transfer
(IranSportsPress.com)- Here is a look at all the important news surrounding Iranian football in the past week, including Leicester City's resistance to transfer bench-warmer Kaebi to another team.

Niloufar Momeni

-Kaebi's new position to avoid transfer from Leicester City

To avoid selling newly signed Hossein Kaebi from Leicester City, Leicester coach intends to use Kaebi in a different position on the pitch. Hossein Kaebi, who was signed by Leicester City on July 5th, spent most of his time on bench after Martin Allen's dismissal from the club soon after Kaebi's arrival at the club. Leicester's new coach, is currently using an English player in position of Kaebi, who in fact has showed great fitness, and that had lead to Kaebi's bench warming.

With Kaebi's time on bench, there were rumours of being transferred to another English team, but Milan Mandaric, Leicester City's Managing Director, expressed his support for Kaebi and indicated they have no intention of selling Kaebi. Therefore, after Leicester's win over Coventry last week, Leicester's coach,Gary Megson, used Kaebi in a new position in team trainings, further up in the right wing and the same position he was playing in Perspolis.

After meeting with Club Managing Director, Gary Megson, announced that if Kaebi can show his strength in this new position, he will play him in future games for Leicester City.

When did we beat Coventry???

Groundhog day!!!!

groundhogday14.jpg

He sounds as though he can be a decent player but maybe he is playing in the wrong country. English football is obviously very physical and far better players than Kaebi have failed to come to terms with it. Maybe French football would have been more suitable for him:102:

Correct.....he'd possibly even be a better squad player for Premier team. The tough and tumble of Championship will be no good for him.

But I fail to see how that's a probelm if he plays in a right wing position. Right back yes, right wing less so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669