The F A Cup 2011-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the worst decision I had seen in two hours, since Ashley Young executed yet another double twist with pike to "win" Manks first dodgy penalty for nearly a week.

That was awful, but this was worse.

Retrospective punishment for diving must surely be on the cards? (No pun intended)

It was the worst decision I had seen in two hours, since Ashley Young executed yet another double twist with pike to "win" Manks first dodgy penalty for nearly a week.

Even though he has dived/made a meal of it, I still think there was contact and it was a penalty.

That was awful, but this was worse.

Retrospective punishment for diving must surely be on the cards? (No pun intended)

I hope so! It's just a joke how much diving there is.

Problem is, because so many of them do it then if you don't go down, you don't tend to get the decision.

Last edited:
I hope so! It's just a joke how much diving there is.

Problem is, because so many of them do it then if you don't go down, you don't tend to get the decision.

Exactly. And then you get ****s like Suarez who dive so often that when they actually do win stone-wall penalties, nothing is given.

I think that it was posted on here recently (?), but I enjoy this:

[video=youtube_share;9S7hlL4sJek]http://youtu.be/9S7hlL4sJek[/video]

Defenders are worse for diving than strikers IMO. If they are shepherding a ball out and a strikers gets within a foot of them they go down for the free kick. Ridiculous.

I think that it was posted on here recently (?), but I enjoy this:

[video=youtube_share;9S7hlL4sJek]http://youtu.be/9S7hlL4sJek[/video]

As a defender the last thing you want to see is a player that no matter how many times you foul him, he will keep coming back for more.
In today's present climate of namby pamby footballers, Mr Messi, you are a breath of fresh air

As a defender the last thing you want to see is a player that no matter how many times you foul him, he will keep coming back for more.
In today's present climate of namby pamby footballers, Mr Messi, you are a breath of fresh air

Whilst I'm not disputing his class, don't put Messi on that pedestal. Whilst on the whole he is very honest and more than happy to stay on his feet, he has on occasion gone to ground very easily to get a decision when Barcelona require it.

Last edited:
He has also spat at players, booted footballs at opposition fans and lashed out at players too. He is undeniably insanely talented but he's not the perfect player and gentleman of the sport that some try to make hm out to be.

He has also spat at players, booted footballs at opposition fans and lashed out at players too. He is undeniably insanely talented but he's not the perfect player and gentleman of the sport that some try to make hm out to be.

Never heard of him spitting at another player.
If true, i'm sure it would be all over the sport press somewhere.
I can only go on what I've seen, and until then, I stick by what I said. (typed)

With the treatment Messi regularly gets from opposition players, I would excuse pretty much anything he'd do. Just like Pelé. But as I've said, I'm Barça biased...

Last edited:
With the treatment Messi regularly gets from opposition players, I would excuse pretty much anything he'd do. Just like Pelé. But as I've said, I'm Barça biased...
But were you as pissed off as those Barça fans you could see on the TV last night. Looking at them you'd have thought they were 6-0 down rather than by one goal.

Last edited:
But were you as pissed off as those Barça fans you could see on the TV last night. Looking at them you'd have thought they were 6-0 down rather than by one goal.
Haha, no. I was quite pleased Chelsea won as it shakes things up a bit and makes it all a little less predictable. If it's between Barcelona and Real Madrid though I'd always go for Barça.

yeah he does get kicked about a lot, but he's not immune to diving is my point. He's certainly a better class of player, in terms of diving, than the like of Ashley young and Nani, but he's not an angel either. I'd put him the same bracket as Gerrard, generally honest player but prone to the odd dive when his team are under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669