The F A Cup 2011-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an arrest yesterday though.

Saw some of the action from the Cup so far and the goal by Mendy of Macclesfield against Bolton has to be the best goal of the Round.

Of the round so far you mean. Wait until you see the third of Beckfords stunners in the Forest replay :icon_wink

Scholes coming out of retirement, why?

Because Man United have no midfielders and have been poor? I'd not seen the reports in the papers so was amazed when I just saw he was on their bench.

I don't understand why Ferguson isn't going out and buying a midfielder.... it was obvious in the summer that they were desperately short there. Scholes coming back is a move of desperation.

3-0 to Man Utd at half time and Kompany sent off. I put money on Man United so am happy in that respect! Think the red card decision was very, very harsh though. Nani, of all people, didn't even seem to think he'd been fouled.

3-2 with a few minutes left. Been a very entertaining match. Scholes came on and gave away the ball for the second goal

Straight up, that City united match was genuinely superb. I was keeping my fingers crossed that Pantalimon managed to get a goal at the end, massive shame he didnt quite get the accuracy on the header. Good game though!

3-0 to Man Utd at half time and Kompany sent off. I put money on Man United so am happy in that respect! Think the red card decision was very, very harsh though. Nani, of all people, didn't even seem to think he'd been fouled.

Never a red, even considering today's excessively protective rules.

A Chris O'Grady goal for Sheff Wed in the 88th minute means West Ham won't be in the hat for the 4th round draw.

Two footed, studs up, just like Mills against Brum. Might be harsh, but it's the rules!

It wasn't a true two footed tackle though.

The general consensus during and after the match was that it was very harsh; Nani didn't even appear to appeal.

And it was in no way comparable to Mills' idiotic challenge.

It wasn't a true two footed tackle though.

The general consensus during and after the match was that it was very harsh; Nani didn't even appear to appeal.

And it was in no way comparable to Mills' idiotic challenge.
I'm with HTB on this one, it was a red whichever way you look at it. Andy Townsend is an idiot.

I guess we'll just have to disagree. It was a clumsy challenge, but in my eyes it was no worse than a yellow. It was a scissor more than a two-footed lunge.

I have surprised so many said it was harsh. My first reaction was immediate red, you can simply no longer jump into a challenge.

The big difference in this tackle was that Nani chose to jump over it rather than, as many players seem to do at the moment, get hit by the tackle to ensure that the opponent gets sent off. The tackle was a bad one; it deserved a red card just as much as others that do take the player down.

The big difference in this tackle was that Nani chose to jump over it rather than, as many players seem to do at the moment, get hit by the tackle to ensure that the opponent gets sent off. The tackle was a bad one; it deserved a red card just as much as others that do take the player down.

See, this maybe slightly unfair, but Nani is one of the biggest divers in the league. I'm pretty sure if he'd thought he could get the player sent off, he would've gone down from it.

I didn't see it as a two footed lunge personally. I think the second foot comes in after more because the first foot hasn't got the ball, so the other leg has come in to get it.

I've said before that I thought Man City would struggle in January a bit without Yaya Toure (or at least it provides a big test for them) and now they've got to do without Kompany for four games too. If they can still be top after that, the title is theirs without a doubt for me. I didn't see Kolo Toure as a big loss, but now with Kompany out he might be.

Last edited:
Both feet left the ground, studs showing. Just because he didn't make contact, it doesn't mean it wasnt' a red card offense. If he'd swung a punch and mised he'd be sent off, no different here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669